When is it too late to go back?

kaytorry

I usually texlax my hair every three months. The last time I texlaxed was in march. I was planning to transition, but I'm apprehensive about big chopping or dealing with two textures for more than a year. My hair did not grow as fast as a was hoping, my new growth is about 2 inches. I remember my old stylist reccommending that I do not go past 3 months, it's almost been 5 months. :whyme:Have I reached the point of no return??If I choose to texlax now, will I be facing a chance of major breakage? Has anyone streched that long? What advice can you give?

Are you experiencing any breakage? If not then just get your hair telax. There are members here who only relax twice a year and their hair is flourshing.

I don't see why you can't texlax now. I think a lot of people on the board stretch 5-6 months and longer (I personally don't, so don't have any direct experience, but this is based on what I've read.) I wonder why your old stylist said not to go longer than 3 months? Maybe she was thinking about the risk of breakage at the point where the two textures meet, but that's a day-to-day breakage risk, not one that just happens when you actually put the relaxer in your hair.

Anyway, yes, I think you can if you want to; just follow good practices like deep condition sometime in the week leading up to your texlax, be sure your hair is detangled and stretched out, etc.

There's a self-relaxing / texlaxing thread on here if you want more tips on the actual process.

Hth!

Are you experiencing any breakage? If not then just get your hair telax. There are members here who only relax twice a year and their hair is flourshing.

I think there is more shedding than breakage because there is a bit more hair in the comb after combing. I also see a few short hairs around the crown, bit no short hairs in my comb or clothing. I'm assuming it might be breakage as well?

i texlax every 5-10 months. you can still do a touch up. there is no point of "no return". you can touch up whenever you want.

sometimes i stretch 5-6 months. my longest stretch was 10. my hair is just fine. actually it's better than it ever was when i went 5-6 weeks.

i swear MOST (not all) stylists don't know jack about hair.:drunk:

Back