When I think of the goodness of Jesus...

MrsQueeny

First let me say this post is not about me at all. I want this to be about Christ and all the wonderful things He has done for us.

Last night this post came to me and immediately satan began to put doubt in my mind. First he told me no one would post because they don't view me in high regard. I know I can and have been un Christian like at times and that may have turned some people off. He also said that others have done some un Christian things on the forum too so they don't want to appear as hypocrites by posting in this thread.

Next he said, it would be a waste of time because this board is slow anyway. He brought to my remembrance a couple of previous posts I had made and even some of the ones currently on the front page and how little the responses are/were.

Lastly he said because this thread isn't full of drama, surrounding a scandal in the church or a debate over who is serving God the right way, no one will be interested. He said, yeah we say we are Christians but we always look for the opportunity to pick things apart and prove who is right.

Well I say, the devil is a liar. I want this thread to be a powerful testimony and blessing to each and everyone who reads this. You can post whatever you feel like. I don't care how long or short. You can simply post "God is good" and keep it moving. Let's show the ladies of this board, others who may read this, and most importantly, the devil how good our God is. Let's show him that the God we serve is Mighty. The God we serve is Merciful. The God we serve is True. The God we serve is alive and He is still in the blessing business. Ready... Set... Go... Q

Last edited:

kweenameena

When I think about Jesus
And what he's done for me
when I think about Jesus
And how he set me free
I can dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, dance....All Night!

The title made me think of that song!

kbragg

Amen! You know the biggest lie the devil tells the church AND the world is that Christians are supposed to be perfect and anyone who isn't is a hypocrit. This is such a lie. No ONE is perfect, and the people who are quick to judge and call others hypocrits are just as hypocritcal. There's NONE righteous, not one! That's why Jesus came that through Him we might be made perfect and acceptable to the Father in our inperfections. So Queeny, you tell the devil to go right back to hell where he belongs! The Bible says that the Spirit and the flesh WAR against each other. It is always a battle. But I thank God that He gave His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, so that I might be reconcilled to Him, Warts and all and can live vicotriously over sin!:clap:

PaperClip

We know that whatever the enemy says, the OPPOSITE is true because he is the father of LIES.

The Lord Jesus Christ is a prayer-ANSWERING GOD!

Nice & Wavy

First let me say this post is not about me at all. I want this to be about Christ and all the wonderful things He has done for us.

Last night this post came to me and immediately satan began to put doubt in my mind. First he told me no one would post because they don't view me in high regard. I know I can and have been un Christian like at times and that may have turned some people off. He also said that others have done some un Christian things on the forum too so they don't want to appear as hippocrates by posting in this thread.

Next he said, it would be a waste of time because this board is slow anyway. He brought to my remembrance a couple of previous posts I had made and even some of the ones currently on the front page and how little the responses are/were.

Lastly he said because this thread isn't full of drama, surrounding a scandal in the church or a debate over who is serving God the right way, no one will be interested. He said, yeah we say we are Christians but we always look for the opportunity to pick things apart and prove who is right.

Well I say, the devil is a liar. I want this thread to be a powerful testimony and blessing to each and everyone who reads this. You can post whatever you feel like. I don't care how long or short. You can simply post "God is good" and keep it moving. Let's show the ladies of this board, others who may read this, and most importantly, the devil how good our God is. Let's show him that the God we serve is Mighty. The God we serve is Merciful. The God we serve is True. The God we serve is alive and He is still in the blessing business. Ready... Set... Go... Q

:amen: Queenie!

This year has been a rough one for me. I've had some things happen to me that I only shared with a few. But, God is worthy of all the praise, glory and honor because He has kept me in 2007 and I look forward to 2008....the year of New Beginnings!

I thank Him for my loving, caring, wonderful husband. He is a blessing and an asset to my life!

I thank the Father for so many things...and I do thank Him for you and Shimmie, and KLB, Janiebaby, Jenaee, RR, LadyR, Star, MissGee, dlewis, and for the ones I have not named (because I'm gettin old and can't remember...lol), I thank God for you too!

Thank you for starting this thread....you are blessed and highly favored of the Lord!

I love you girl!

shalom

I like the Re: When I think of the goodness of Jesus.........:grin:

First thing that came to my mind was Hallelujah. I started shouting.

To answer the question OP: I'm still here, so many times the devil has tried to wipe me out in life, but for the grace of God and his mercy I'M STILL HERE.

envybeauty

When I think about the goodness of Jesus..

I think about how he has kept me for the past two years. Met my needs and my wants. Sent me to places far and wide ..all paid for. I even got to take my mom with me. I even got to put together our travel photos in a photobook and got discount codes so that the books were free. One for her and one for me.

I think about how he has healed me. Went to two different hospitals. Two different cities. Healed by the grace of God. Doctors didn't know what caused my pain. Healed me.

I think about how he has helped me to travel for two weeks each to see my family. Spent less than $100 for each trip. Healed my mind with those trips. Kept me sane and close to those that love me most.

I think about how He has brought forth so many good people into my life. People that have done more for me than most family members ever did. Friends that treat me like their daughter or their sister.

I think about how He loves me more than I love myself. Treats me better than I treat myself. Has blessed me with gifts, bags, trips, etc. that I would not have purchased for myself ...yet once received, I realize how much I like what I got. Better than I would have treated myself.

I think about how the Devil is a liar!! How the Devil has shown himself through those who don't desire the best for me. Those who leave me worse off emotionally after our get togethers than I was before the gathering. Lying to me about how great I should think that person is when s/he is really not...not for me anyway.

When I think about the goodness of Jesus......I THANK GOD for HIS MERCIES!!!!

Thanks Q for starting this...I love to thank God for all He has done for me. I see His love all around me.

dlewis

I'm thankful to our Lord and savior for so much.

I'm thankful for my husband, who puts up with me no matter what and does it mostly with a smile.

I'm thankful for my childrens health, I see family members with sick children and that shows me just how blessed I am.

I'm thankful that my daughter is able to sit on the toilet now. There are so many things that we take for granted. I never would have thought that such simple tasks would be difficult for some.

I'm thankful that my mother have moved back. She has been so helpful to me. Ladies that have mothers that live close by and mothers that are active with your kids don't know just how blessed you are.

I'm thankful for my friends here, who have given me advice on my marriage and other personal issues. I love yall.

I'm thankful for life. I never believed I would live past the age of 25. I thankful for my two children that the doctors said I would never have.

When I think about some of the things that I recongnize that He has done, it's really overwhelming. That he could think and be concerned about someone like me. But then I remember I am His daughter and all fathers treasure their daughters.

Thank you Lord Gd.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
sometimes i cry because he took pity on me and rescued me. i think about where i was and how he is brought me from the pit of hell to a place of peace.
how today i can thank him for his discipline. his love,his mercy,slow to anger rich in love. i even chuckle because i know he has a sense of humor. always lifting me up. his kindness endures forever and ever. he is more than worthy than any words can say.

Nice & Wavy

sometimes i cry because he took pity on me and rescued me. i think about where i was and how he is brought me from the pit of hell to a place of peace.
how today i can thank him for his discipline. his love,his mercy,slow to anger rich in love. i even chuckle because i know he has a sense of humor. always lifting me up. his kindness endures forever and ever. he is more than worthy than any words can say.

Your post has me in tears....thank you for every word you typed!

MrsQueeny

I guess I should post in my own thread huh? Man I cannot even begin to thank God enough for all He has done for me. He has blessed me in so many ways. My life is a testimony all by itself. The fact that I am still here, and in my right mind with all the things I have been through let's me know God is still in control.

He took a little girl from the projects who saw nothing but death, destruction and despair and raised me up to preach his word.

He blessed me with a wonderful man of God who loves me inspite of my crazy ways.

He blessed me with 3 beautiful little girls who make me smile everyday.

He has finally restored all the things the devil took from me. I have a relationship with my father now, my mother is saved, he blessed me with real friends who love me, pray for me, and have my back.

I never thought I could be as happy as I am but He made it all possible. If He never does another thing for me, He has already done enough!!! Q

star

Last night this post came to me and immediately satan began to put doubt in my mind. First he told me no one would post because they don't view me in high regard. I know I can and have been un Christian like at times and that may have turned some people off. He also said that others have done some un Christian things on the forum too so they don't want to appear as hypocrites by posting in this thread.

Amen!! My sister!! And, devil has egg on his face:wallbash: right about now. LET GOD ARISE and HIS ENEMIES BE SCATTERED. Ain't nobody made but the devil.
HE reigns, He reigns, Yes Jesus Reigns.:grin::grin::grin::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Jenaee

When I look at what he has done in 2007 alone....The favor he has shown me...how he brought me out of depression, thoughts of suicide, self hate...all these things. But GOD!!!! I cannot praise Him enough. I will no longer keep silent. He has done so many great things..

He got me out of a dead end job into a job I needed a BA (which I dont have)

He supplied my financial needs

Im no longer lonely.

He's given me friends and allowing me to meet new friends on LHCF :love2:

He's opening so many doors for me. And I thank HIM!! Praise HIM Yall!!!

janiebaby

I love this thread!!! God has been so good to me.

He brought me out of depression.

He made me stay on course and I finally graduated!

He brought me closer to Him by not answering some of my prayers.

He's made me take a closer look at myself and made me submit my flaws to Him.

He drew me to a fantastic church home.

God is awesome!

PoeticJustice

When I look at what he has done in 2007 alone....The favor he has shown me...how he brought me out of depression, thoughts of suicide, self hate...all these things. But GOD!!!! I cannot praise Him enough. I will no longer keep silent. He has done so many great things..

He got me out of a dead end job into a job I needed a BA (which I dont have)

He supplied my financial needs

Im no longer lonely.

He's given me friends and allowing me to meet new friends on LHCF :love2:

He's opening so many doors for me. And I thank HIM!! Praise HIM Yall!!!

Praise God!!

PoeticJustice

God is so good! I love the title... this automatically made me start singing :grin:

I think about how He delivered me from pain and suffering and loneliness and despair this time two years ago. But praise God I'm in my right mind!! :yep:

I'm thankful for my children and their health. For the healing of my son and restoration.

I'm thankful for his favor, his kindness and grace. That I can lean on Him and trust Him enough to stop being fearful. I stepped out on faith and leaving a J-O-B entering a place of promise and better position.

He's also opening so many doors for me and I'm thanking Him right now for all He's done and continuing to do me.

I'm thanking Him in advance for the blessing to be bestowed upon my father in all areas of his life and to bring him out of the storm he is going through right now.

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!!

BlessedStarlette

Queeny I love this thread , just by a starting a thread so simple you never know who's life you are touching.

when I think about the goodness that is occuring in my life , all I have to say is who but GOD.

When I lost my job in 2006 right after having my son , I was worried . I am now going into 2008 and I have not wanted for anything nor has my son. Lord I thank you . I was able to go back to school and be with my son .

I thank him for my support team , my mom, my son grandmother, my sister a host of others.

I know I am changing because I am seeking god more . I find myself asking questions , praying, I am not 100% there , many never be but thank god for his love , a love I have been resisting to accept constantly fighting to accept him as my lord and savior.

I seeked help from some special ladies of the Lord on this forum and through your help and love I am not so resistant ,everday I yearn for more .

Nice and wavey thank you for the scriptures and taking the time to answer my pm . ( I love the enduring truth site )

dlewis , your such a wonder woman , thank you for your words of encouragement.
shimmy, I thank you for your prayer and always seeing the beauty in others.

So I believe God is working his way into my life, i See and I feel it .

My life is not where I want it to be , but praise GOD for each day I am given another chance at life.

Nicole

Nice & Wavy

When I think about the Lord
How He saved me, how He raised me
How He filled me, with the Holy Ghost
How He healed me to the uttermost.

When I think about the Lord
How He picked me up and turned me around
How He placed my feet, on solid ground....

It makes me want to shout
HALLELUJAH, THANK YOU JESUS
Lord you're worthy of all the Glory and
All the Honor and all the Praise.

It makes me want to shout
HALLELUJAH, THANK YOU JESUS!

(ephesians 2:4-7, 2 corinthians 5:17)

Truly, ladies...He is worthy of all the Glory, Honor and Praise!

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Queeny I love this thread , just by a starting a thread so simple you never know who's life you are touching.

when I think about the goodness that is occuring in my life , all I have to say is who but GOD.

When I lost my job in 2006 right after having my son , I was worried . I am now going into 2008 and I have not wanted for anything nor has my son. Lord I thank you . I was able to go back to school and be with my son .

I thank him for my support team , my mom, my son grandmother, my sister a host of others.

I know I am changing because I am seeking god more . I find myself asking questions , praying, I am not 100% there , many never be but thank god for his love , a love I have been resisting to accept constantly fighting to accept him as my lord and savior.

I seeked help from some special ladies of the Lord on this forum and through your help and love I am not so resistant ,everday I yearn for more .

Nice and wavey thank you for the scriptures and taking the time to answer my pm . ( I love the enduring truth site )

dlewis , your such a wonder woman , thank you for your words of encouragement.
shimmy, I thank you for your prayer and always seeing the beauty in others.

So I believe God is working his way into my life, i See and I feel it .

My life is not where I want it to be , but praise GOD for each day I am given another chance at life.

Nicole

Nicole, you are my sister and I love you...I thank God for you everyday!

2008 is the year of the Breakthrough for you...watch and see what God is going to do with you!!!

CurleeDST

The God I serve is an awesome God. He can make a way out of NO WAY! He can make believers out of doubters and he LOVES ME! Eventhough I am not worthy of his love he loves me anyway! When I think of that, it reminds me to love others not because of what they have done to or for me but just BECAUSE!

Have a wonderful, safe and blessed evening ladies!!! 2008 is right around the corner!

God is so good!
He has made it obvious this past weekend that He's already working in a situation I shared with a few ladies on this board. I have faith and I know nothing is impossible for Him! If anything the situation has drawn me closer to Him so I'm better for this trial I'm going through. I'm looking forward to a complete breakthrough in 2008! :grin:

EbonyEyes

Awesome thread Queeny!

When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all He's done for me, my soul cries out "Hallelujah! Thank God for saving me!"

My redeemer liveth!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am so joyful for that!

2007 was a rough year. God revealed to me that people I thought were my friends were not my friends at all and that really hurt. A romantic relationship that I really wanted to work fell apart. I strugged with feelings of rejection and self-loathing. And at the beginning of November, I cried over my grandmother's passing for the first time in almost 8 years. I felt like my heart was breaking all over again.

But you know, my God is soooooo good! With His loving hand, He grabbed me from the pit of despair and put joy back in my heart. And through the pain, I could see how God was moving. He used an 87 year old woman to let me know that He loved me and approved of me. Everytime I saw her, she would say to me "I just love you. I'm so proud of you!" I wonder if she knew that she was God's mouthpiece. She died on November 25 of this year - 3 days after the eight year anniversary of my grandmother's death. I miss her but I will remember her as a woman of love, love for God first and love for others. And her life will continue to serve as an inspiration for me.

I've realized more than ever that God truly is the Lover of my soul and no one will ever love me like He does.

For the past month, I've been starting my mornings with prayer and the Word of God and closing the evenings with prayer and the Word of God. Fellowship with the Holy Spirit is awesome!!! I believe my relationship with God has strengthened and I look forward to how much closer we are going to become in the new year.

I'm still praying for Christian friends who are on fire for the Lord. I want us to pray together, share our testimonies, share how God is moving on our behalf, and just have general fun together. But Jehovah Jireh my provider is still and will always be more than enough for me. He is my best friend and I can lean on him for everything I need. He will provide those Christian friends when He feels the time is right.

To conclude, I LOVE my Heavenly Father, I LOVE Jesus the Christ, and I LOVE the Holy Spirt. To God be the glory for the great things He has done and the great things He shall do!

meka

You deserve the glory and the honor,
I lift my hands in worship and I bless Your Holy name.

[Chorus:]
You are great, You do miracles.
So great, there is no one else like You,
there is no one else like You.

there is no one else.

[Ending:]
There is no one else like You.

Queeny, please believe that God has placed you in my life for a reason. I was sitting here, just got home from work, frustrated, angry, busted, broke down, and disgusted! I popped over here to read this and my my my my my. I needed to read this! All I can say God is good!

MrsQueeny

[Chorus:]
there is no one else like You.

there is no one else.

[Ending:]
There is no one else like You.

Queeny, please believe that God has placed you in my life for a reason. I was sitting here, just got home from work, frustrated, angry, busted, broke down, and disgusted! I popped over here to read this and my my my my my. I needed to read this! All I can say God is good!
I love you too girlie. Just know your storm is about to pass!!! Can't wait to see you in February. Q

smuice

My heart skips a beat!...God is truly Great Wonderful and undeniably amazing.

There is no other man who walks the earth that makes me feel the way God does...He opens my eyes...heals my heart and lets me know that my dreams are a reality my pain and problems are a test and no matter what he loves me- no matter how imperfect I am.

I pray that everyone who has posted in this thread is able to become even closer to God this year- I hope he reveals himself to you and me in a way that is beyond our wildest dreams...I LOVE GOD...I LOVE JESUS...he will reign forever in my heart...:spinning:

Zuhus

My heart simply overflows with joy! This far He has brought me and hase never ever let me down. Thank you Lord. You deserve all the praise and glory.......ever so faithful!

Tee

I could go on and on and on with so much here.

But most importantly, When I think of the goodness of Jesus I am thankful to be the person I am today. I really feel like a raw clump of clay that he is having fun molding and molding and molding. I am forever growing and look forward to continuous growing in Christ.

I am thankful for many of the wonderful ladies here. :love4:

Precious_1

I think about how he has always been there even when I refused to acknowledge and ignore him, he never left my side. He has never let me down. I think about how selfish i was always asking and taking, taking ,taking from him, and I never put in the real work to be close to him. I thank Jesus and God that he saved me this past November 2007. I thank god for the gift of discernment he placed on my life, and the gift of dreams that come to me from time to time. I think about how he picked me up and placed me in the most wonderful church ever, that teaches me the word, and makes me even more excited about his word. I thank god that I am able to repent. I thank god that my son is healthy, because I see so many children that are not at the hospital i work at....i could go on and on.....

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Thank God for His mercy and unconditional love, even when I don't deserve it. My God is an Awesome God worthy to be praised!