Do you add oil to your conditioner?

Do you add oil to your conditioner?

• Total voters
I think it's better to set aside some conditioner and put it in a plastic jar/canister with a "screw on" top. I usually measure the conditioner and measure the oil. For example, for every three to four ounces of conditioner, I add 15 drops of olive oil and 15 drops of any other oil I'm trying to get rid of. Then I stir it thoroughly with a spoon. Then I may throw in a teaspoon of melted cocoa butter and a teaspoon of melted shea butter if I'm trying to get rid of these items. :superbanana:

I don't add oil or anything to my Verifen Complex Advanced Conditioning Treatment, though. :nono:

Last edited:
I've since intergrated oil into my conditioning experience and I love it!! :grin:

Same here....I started when you started this thread Priestess. I always added oil to my DC, but not to my regular rinse-type conditioners. It's wonderful, especially during the Winter. Thanks girl!!!

I add jojoba oil to all conditioners - deep cons & leave ins. I started doing this after reading the hair guide entitled 'Black Women Rejoice'. My hair and scalp have never been healthier...

I mix coconut oil, grapeseed oil and hemp seed oil to my Lustrasilk conditioner. It makes a huge difference IMO.

Yep! Sitting here with lustrasilk shea cholesterol + coconut oil at the moment. My hair likes it :yep:

Definitely. I add EVOO to almost everything. My hair really likes oils so I have a stash of a bunch of different ones that I like to use when making my various concoctions. :yep:

Hi Ladies:

I add castor oil to my final conditioner after every wash and love, love, love the results! :yep: I also add castor oil to my water spray bottle and I spray my hair as I'm roller setting and it makes beautiful curls! :yep: I'll try to post pictures soon.

Ann

most times i do but not always. i really like to add oils to co wash conditioners more so than deep conditioners.

I almost always add oil. My favorite DC mix is Elucence, red palm oil, and raw wildflower honey.

I add JBCO to my Retread conditioner, and jojoba to my Komaza Olive mask. With other conditioners, I use whatever oil strikes my fancy.

Yes, I have added amla oil a couple of times. I said I needed to start back with winter ahead...Looking to prevent dry hair at all cost!! Just stocked up on my amla oil.

I add oil to my conditioner because it enhances the conditioner and it makes my hair in better condition. There is a difference when I don't add oil.

I do! I do! I use either evoo or coconut oil. I swear the first time I tried it my hair winked at me for a job well done.

I didn't see a difference when I tried it either, but I think I'm gonna flip it. I wonder if I add the oil first then the DC, would that work better? I dont' know, I'll try it.

I can't remember what I used the last time, but I'm gonna use Vatika Oil. My hair likes it.

I do and it has worked wonders for my hair. I mix my conditioner and oil in a bowl before applying it. EVOO all day baby.

i don't mix oil in my conditioner, i just slather the deep condition on & top that with oil so it's sort of like you're sealing the moisture in.

I usually add EVOO or EVCO in all my conditoners. I'm DCing right now and I oiled my scalp with my own mixture of mahabhringraj, tea tree, eucalyptus oils, massaged it in and put Lekair w EVCO. It feels soooo good

Back