Whats with all the denominations?

Crissi

Ok im saved and im apart of the Church Of God Of Prophecy, denomination. However I always wonder, why are there so many denominations, whats the difference? does it matter, as long as we all accept Jesus? I'd like you ladies input

TIA

beyondcute

I say we are all brothers and sisters in Christ. Alot of the differences are so small and minute that it wouldnt make a difference. We all believe in the same thing we just practicce it in different ways. Different hymns or ways of worship. When you cut down to the bone we are all the same :) Kinda like human being :) different colors and walks but we all bleed the same and have the same organs, etc.

empressaja

I think this issue is a problem it is not about the name on the church but the NAME above all Names. Folks are to busy trying to seperate they forget the purpose.

Nice & Wavy

It started in the first Church when folks just wanted to do their own thing and turned away from "the way". They didn't want to adhere to the Gospel as it was put to them by the Apostles, so they went their own way. Some even begin to mix the Gospel with pagan doctrines and practices. The Apostle Paul addressed many of them and Jesus addressed the churches in Revelation about this very thing.

Man has always been this way from the beginning and it will not end until "The End."

May God our Father, grant us all to be of one mind and one heart in Him who is the only one that can keep us from falling! AMEN!