Whats the proper way to Pre-poo

Mandy4610

I am not sure how I should pre-poo my hair. Do I have to wet it or do I apply conditioner to dry hair? Could someone please explain how I should pre-poo? What steps do I follow before and after?
TIA

wheezy807

It's a variety of ways to preepoo. You could preepoo with oils or conditioner. I preepoo with conditioner on dry hair and sometimes i leave it in overnight w/plastic cap. Or i leave it in 1/2 to 1hr then rinse and shampoo. Kinda like a reverse, dc then poo. When i preepoo with oils same thing and shampoo it out instead and followed by dc. Some wet their hair, some dont, some rinse out followed by shampoo, some dont,etc. There's a thousand ways to preepoo. I say experiment and find what works for you, have fun!

lollyoo

on dry hair either use conditioner alone, oil(s) alone or mixture of the two.
i use coconut and amla oil mix only most of the time.

Wanderland

I don't think there is a "correct" way just preferences.
I usually pre-poo on dry hair w/ a protein based conditioner for about an hour w/ a hot towel, but sometimes if the conditioner is a little too thick (like redken's rescue force) I mix with a cheapie conditioner to thin it.
I also sometimes do it overnight...or even get under the dryer.
It just depends on how lazy I'm feeling or what condition my hair is in.

fivetimestwo

I pre-poo with oil only. I found that conditioner did nothing for me except make my conditioner go faster. I usually use Amla lite but if I run out I use olive oil instead.

Tee

I don't think there is a "correct" way just preferences.
I usually pre-poo on dry hair w/ a protein based conditioner for about an hour w/ a hot towel, but sometimes if the conditioner is a little too thick (like redken's rescue force) I mix with a cheapie conditioner to thin it.
I also sometimes do it overnight...or even get under the dryer.
It just depends on how lazy I'm feeling or what condition my hair is in.

I agree with the bold. I pre-poo with conditioner or oil on dry hair. Sometimes I use a heating cap, sometimes I just the hot towel method, and sometimes I just let it sit overnight and rinse with no heat.
Find what works best for you and stick with it. :yep:

Brownie518

I agree with the bold. I pre-poo with conditioner or oil on dry hair. Sometimes I use a heating cap, sometimes I just the hot towel method, and sometimes I just let it sit overnight and rinse with no heat.
Find what works best for you and stick with it. :yep:

Letitia, Hiiiiii!!! :happydance::wavey:
That's good advice. Sometimes I want just one oil (castor, evoo, amla, jasmine, red palm) or a mix of oils. Or maybe a mix of oils, glycerin, honeyquat, or other additives. Maybe conditioner, or conditioner and oils. Depending on what's going on with my hair at the time, I may do different things. Try out a few that sound good to you and make a note of what you use and how, and the results. Let us know what you come up with!!! I just made a new mix of hydrolyzed oat and wheat, rosewater, glycerin, marine collagen, honeyquat, and jojoba oil, all bathed in Silk Amino Acids. I spray this on and either let it sit alone or add a conditioner on top. Either way, my hair comes out silky, soft, strong, and luscious. I love it!!:grin: