What's a really cheap moisturizing conditioner?

God's Anointed

I've been looking for cheap moisturizing conditioners and I can't seem to find any that are really good. I know there are threads about moisturizing conditioners but no one seems to name any cheap ones. So someone please help a sista out in finding something really cheap to use after a protein treatment.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I've been looking for cheap moisturizing conditioners and I can't seem to find any that are really good. I know there are threads about moisturizing conditioners but no one seems to name any cheap ones. So someone please help a sista out in finding something really cheap to use after a protein treatment.
Dove Intense Moisture is good. I use it all the time after protein treatments, and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. Sunsilk has some really good ones too.

Neroli

Cholesteral conditioners
White Rain conditioners
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa gets five stars, my new cheapie love

KhandiB

Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
or
Motions Moisture Plus

My 2 faves, mix some cholesterol and oil in them joints and your hair is like butta. Although Tresemme has made my hair way softer than any other conditioner Ever

adw425

Tresemme Moisture Rich
Tresemme Remoisture
Clairol Hello Hydration
Suave Humectant
Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing conditioner
LaBella Rainforest Water Banana conditioner
Jason Natural sea kelp conditioner
Aussie Moist conditioner
Aussie Mega conditioner

PatTodd

I keep telling the board how much I love love love Suave Waterfall Mist (but I seem to be the only one around here - but that's OK, more for me!!! :grin:) I use it for everything - conditioner wash, detangling and anti-frizz/leave in. It gives my hair fantastic slip and smells great too, and it is only about $1 a bottle. And it is silicone and paraben free!!! I buy 'em 10 at a time :yep:.

Nice & Wavy

I keep telling the board how much I love love love Suave Waterfall Mist (but I seem to be the only one around here - but that's OK, more for me!!! :grin:) I use it for everything - conditioner wash, detangling and anti-frizz/leave in. It gives my hair fantastic slip and smells great too, and it is only about $1 a bottle. And it is silicone and paraben free!!! I buy 'em 10 at a time :yep:.

Hi Hair Twin,

I must have missed that one! I'm going to get it and try it and then let you know how my hair likes it....I'm sure it will, we are hair twins right?

:grin::grin::grin:

gymfreak336

I like sunsilk hydra care conditioner (pink bottle). Its cheap and it gets the job done. I also like the one in the green bottle.

prospurr4

Motions Moisture Plus and VO5 conditioners are my staples. I even use VO5 as a leave-in when I want something creamy (as opposed to watery).

SleepyJean

Motions Moisture Plus and VO5 conditioners are my staples. I even use VO5 as a leave-in when I want something creamy (as opposed to watery).

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle...I think it retails for less than $4.00.

I haven't used my V05 conditioner, but I've ALWAYS heard good things about it. Suave Humectant is really good, also. If you want good moisturizing DCer, Pantene Deep Hydrating/Fortifying Treatment (They're exactly the same. One just has a little more) and Aussie 3 minute miracle(the new one that's ALL purple) is the best hands down!

Last edited:

Namilani

I haven't even tried any cheap moisturizing conditioners in a while besides Motions Moisture Plus, so I can only tell you I love that one! I'm planning on trying Aubrey Organics (relatively inexpensive) pretty soon, too. I think I like Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner when I tried it circa 2005 or so, but considering I just gave some I away I'm not so sure it was a keeper.

lizjoseph

If you're looking for really cheap there's always:
VO5
Suave
White Rain Conditioners

All of these run about $1. They're even cheaper when they're on sale.....matter of fact I think I just saw a post for VO5 at CVS for .77 a bottle....Oh and yes Trader Joe's NourishSpa is GREAT!! Great slip and great smell. The bottle costs 2.49 and you will not regret it......if you do......please send it to me.....:look:.. LOL

God's Anointed

So, i have used some of the conditioners that you guys have named here and I was wondering if maybe I just used them wrong or something. I have Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter, MNT and Motions Moisture Plus. I also have Wella In-Depth. Do you guys think that the Sallys Generic Humectress might do the trick? I remember using it a while ago and it was pretty good but does anyone here use it after a protein treatment and still get a good result?

Neroli

So, i have used some of the conditioners that you guys have named here and I was wondering if maybe I just used them wrong or something. I have Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter, MNT and Motions Moisture Plus. I also have Wella In-Depth. Do you guys think that the Sallys Generic Humectress might do the trick? I remember using it a while ago and it was pretty good but does anyone here use it after a protein treatment and still get a good result?

I love the Sally's generic humectress and I guess it is technically a cheapie - it's $5.99 for 16oz and it works like the real thing IMO. (I think a REAL cheapie should cost less than $3.00 for 16oz, but that's just me!).

I am a nexxus girl from decades before LHCF and love the original classic line and humectress is still my hair's holy grail, even after all the experimenting, etc., I end up back with nexxus, with a better understanding of how to use the different products. Sally's humectress tracks the nexxus humectress, ingredient for ingredient and gives me results that are almost identical. The suave humectress doesn't even pretend to have the same ingredients and, IMO, is in no way comparable to nexxus humectress, although it may have merits on its own. I use Sally's humectress and therappee when I'm in a financial pinch, with no harm done. Definitley worth trying . . .