I'm sick of buying expensive products!!!

California

:) Hey everybody. I'm in need/search of purchasing some new cheap conditoners. Moisturizing, Deep, Protein, and Leave-In. Can you tell me of some good ones? And some good ones without the alcohol too? I can find cheap shampoos that are good, but the conditioner is hard to find. TIA :)

aileendq

As I leave in, I adore Cantu Leave In (not the breakage formula, the actual leave in cond.) It has at the top of the list of ingredients shea butter. A large tub costs 5.99 at CVS.

Leslie_C

I really like Africas Best Hair Mayonaise leave in. It makes my hair very soft and moisturized. Less than 3 bucks! Elasta QP recovery oil moisturizer leave in, also about 2.50! Elasta QP breakage control serum for protein.

Moisturizing rinse out conditioners.....Daily Defense Tender Apple, Aussie 3 minute miracle deep, Neutrogena triple moisture is about the best Ive found for under 5 bucks, some of the suave generics are pretty decent, You can also doctor up almost any conditioner to make it more moisturizing by adding olive or coconut oil and/or honey.

cocopuff

I like

Vo5 Honeydew Smoothie Conditioner, Us Kids by Ultra Sheen Moisturizing Condiitoner, Parnevu Organic Hair Mayonnaise

Just For Me kids shampoo, Elasta QP Cream Conditioning shampoo, DPL Moisturizing shampoo, Soft & Beautuful Botanicals Moisturizing Shampoo

African Royale Hot Six Oil, Kemi Oyl Conditionig Spray, Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade, Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Creme Moisturizer

You can also try Essations Supercharged Conditioner and Syntonics Botanical Moisturizing Detangling shampoo ($2.49 for 8 oz.). Both at irbysbeautysupply.com.

Ayeshia

cocopuff said:
I like

Vo5 Honeydew Smoothie Conditioner, Us Kids by Ultra Sheen Moisturizing Condiitoner, Parnevu Organic Hair Mayonnaise

Just For Me kids shampoo, Elasta QP Cream Conditioning shampoo, DPL Moisturizing shampoo, Soft & Beautuful Botanicals Moisturizing Shampoo

African Royale Hot Six Oil, Kemi Oyl Conditionig Spray, Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade, Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Creme Moisturizer

You can also try Essations Supercharged Conditioner and Syntonics Botanical Moisturizing Detangling shampoo ($2.49 for 8 oz.). Both at irbysbeautysupply.com.

These are good...Suave Nauturals particularly the Coconut, Vanilla Floral, and the milk n honey are great as well. :)

DangerouslyShy

three letters
NTM
deep hair recovery mask for deep conditioner
deep daily conditioner for moisturizing
silk touch for the leave-in

if they have a protien conditioner i have no idea what it is, but i use infusium

Amina

Also some of these products can be found at your local family dollar/dollar general store. I got mad at myself during the week b/c I paid more at Wal-mart and Sally's when some of the things could be found in cheaper stores. God knows I don't need to be spending a lot of money on a student budget.

California

:D Thanks ladies for helping me out. Every conditioner listed I copied down, so that when I go to the store I can see what they have to offer. (((Hugs)))

lonesomedove

DangerouslyShy said:
three letters
NTM
deep hair recovery mask for deep conditioner
deep daily conditioner for moisturizing
silk touch for the leave-in

if they have a protien conditioner i have no idea what it is, but i use infusium

Where is this sold? I keep hearing so many people mention NTM, is that the name or is that the abbreviation? Thanks.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I LOVE tresemme conditioners, especially the B12 w/gelatin and vitamin E. I don't know if the vitamins do anything special, but theses conditioners have been a godsend for my transitioning daily co wash regimen.

Allandra

lonesomedove said:
Where is this sold? I keep hearing so many people mention NTM, is that the name or is that the abbreviation? Thanks.
NTM = Neutrogena Triple Moisture

The NTM line can be purchased at CVS, Walmart and target. It's a great line. I use the shampoo, deep daily conditioner and the serum.

SandySea

Being a student on a budget, I gave up buying expensive products a long time ago and my hair is in better condition than it has been in for years. These are my favorite and faithful cheap products:

Cream of Nature (extra body)--very rich lather.
Motions CPR--I absolutely love this conditioner. It is the mainstay of my regimen.
Motions Moisture Plus--CW's and for mixture with CPR.
Cholesterol (Queene Helene)--I started using this because it's what my mom used on me as a kid. I really like the way it makes my hair feel. Good between serious conditionings.
Aphogee (the stink kind)--only when my hair is breaking, which is rare these days.
Generic Nexxus products from Sally's.
Profectiv Breakfree--hate the smell, but love the results.
Elasta QP leave-in--when I want my hair soft and fluffy.

I'll stop here. These products have served me and my pockets very well.

bajanplums1

I had to switch to inexpensive products because all summer i was studying and not working. I have had excellent results with:
* Motions CPR in the bottle & Motions Moisture Silk Protein Conditioner
* Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
* Wild Growth Oil
* IC Fantasia Serum
* Cream of Nature Poo

I'm talking no issues with breakage, growth, shine and movement.

taraglam2

I was sick of shelling out bucks for expensive products as well--and my hair was still looking a hot mess. I started using affordable mass market and drugstore hair care products and I am getting more compliments on my hair as the days go by.

GARNIER Fructis
Long & Strong Shampoo
Long & Strong Conditioner
Sleek & Shine Deep Conditioner
Long & Strong Leave-In Conditioner

Clairol Herbal Essences
Replenishing Conditioner
Leave-In Conditioner

Neutrogena Triple Moisture
Daily Deep Conditioner
Masque

Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner

There are many more ! Hope that you find some that you and your hair really like. :)

Brownie

I really like the biolage generic leave in (Sally's). It's the only thing I've found that my hair likes.

honeisos

aileendq said:
As I leave in, I adore Cantu Leave In (not the breakage formula, the actual leave in cond.) It has at the top of the list of ingredients shea butter. A large tub costs 5.99 at CVS.

this is my daily leave in ... love this stuff! you can get it for 4.99 at the BB

Motion CPR co sign

VO5 moisture milks 99 cents !

Tresseme for dry hair or colored ... love it cheap !

DPR 11 , from eslasta QP

Last edited:

Lorraine

I am a big fan of GENERIC products sold at Sally's. It's the generic version of Nexxus Paul Mitchell, etc.

carrie

Lorraine said:
I am a big fan of GENERIC products sold at Sally's. It's the generic version of Nexxus Paul Mitchell, etc.
I was JUST gonna say this!!!!!!! All of them are great.

Aslo I like got 2 be's emergency deep conditioner, Queen Helene's cholesterol and Elasta QP's protein treatment.