what would you do?(kinda long)

Would you shave your head or go for the extensions?

• If you can rock it, go for it.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Hell to the no girl stick with the braids.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

babs19

Im just so mad with everything right now. nearly three years ago now i bc'd when i found out i wa pregnant. everything was going o plan and i was SL after my first year. After i had my son my hair broke just in the middle of my head uncontrollably. I deceided to wear braids but that didnt last long. For strange reason i decided to relax soi can just wear a bun and still nurture the areas. But now 2 years later im not retaining length, i have bad breakage and my hair is uneven. I dont really want to wear braids. ive worn hair extension my whole live and am sooo sick of them.
im serioulsy contemplating shaving my head and starting again. U have no problems wearing my head shaved but my mother thinks i should gradually cut it whilst wearing hair extensions..:ohwell:

im at a lost and have tried everything, the annoying thing is i wasn abusing my hair when it broke it was due to a hormone imbalance and there was nothing i could do. i mean this was three years ago i should be APL by now instead i am STILL SL.

What would you do?:sad:

nikki2229

If you feel comfortable/confident rocking the BC then I say go for it.
If length is important to you and your feel that you can save some of your hair by taking care of it and gradually trimming with the braids then that is an option also.

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question but it's hard to advise one to do with their hair.

that_1_grrrl

Have you discussed this with a doctor? There might be a reason your hair broke off after giving birth.

I agree with nikki2229. If you do not mind rocking a shaved head, go for it. If you're having trouble with retention, a weave *might* be too much stress for that area.

Eclass215

I say cut it and start over if it will look cute and you feel confident wearing that style. Braiding will only keep the unhealthy hair around longer - you want to get rid of it!

babs19

ladies who have shaved there her did you do it yourself, a friend or did you go to the barber shop?

Eclass215

ladies who have shaved there her did you do it yourself, a friend or did you go to the barber shop?

I went to the barber shop and had my friend's boyfriend do it for me. I don't think I could do it myself.

Last edited:

Lei*Lei

Have you discussed this with a doctor? There might be a reason your hair broke off after giving birth.

It could be a hormonal problem that is causing your hair to break off.

If it's not a medical issue...I'd say shave it off! If thats what you really want to do, just do it!

India*32

I went to the barber shop and had my friend's boyfriend do it for me. I don't think I could do it myself.

How long was your hair when you had it shaved? Did they just take the clippers and start shaving or cut your hair down low? I'm cutting or shaving this mess off. I'm tired of the relaxer taking the life out of my hair.

I can be reached at SimoneReynold. Thanks Eclass

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Don't worry about what other people think. If you don't mind rockin a fade or twa, then do it! It's time you were happy with your hair again :)

exubah

You might want to rock wigs instead of extensions (these maybe adding stress to already stressed tresses). Try cutting off all of the damaged ends and see what length you have remaining. If you can get your own hair braided with the remaining length you can wear wigs while giving your hair a rest from chemicals and extensions.

IF it was me..I would wear a wig not a weave. Weaves in my experience can sometimes make your hair weaker. If your hair is breaking I don't think you should put added stress your hair. If you feel you can rock the low cut..do it..but i wouldn't do the extensions.:yep: