What will you be moisturising and sealing with tonight??

Britt

Welp, after being a member of this board for years, I decided to moisturize my ends w/ my hair milk concoction. Perhaps I put a wee bit too much on my ends, but ummm, yeah... My swinging hair is pretty much kinda gone. I still don't understand how people are putting stuff on their ends 1x, 2x, a day... or even everyday. How could one's ends be so dry? In theory putting moisturizer on your ends sounds like a good idea especially for us relaxed girls. I think I just need to use less, although I didn't use much to begin with.

fyb87

Nada! I moisturize one a week maybe. My conditioners, leave-in's and stylers are already very moisturizing. If I moisturize more than once a week I will become overmoisturized. I use Castor Oil mainly on my ends and most of my length making sure I avoid the scalp.

Closeout

Welp, after being a member of this board for years, I decided to moisturize my ends w/ my hair milk concoction. Perhaps I put a wee bit too much on my ends, but ummm, yeah... My swinging hair is pretty much kinda gone. I still don't understand how people are putting stuff on their ends 1x, 2x, a day... or even everyday. How could one's ends be so dry? In theory putting moisturizer on your ends sounds like a good idea especially for us relaxed girls. I think I just need to use less, although I didn't use much to begin with.

have your tried the baggy method??it really helps keep my ends hydrated and soft!!

Britt

have your tried the baggy method??it really helps keep my ends hydrated and soft!!

My hair isn't really long enough to baggy. My hair is in a bob. I tried baggying a few years ago when my hair was long, and my ends just felt kinda too moist... wasn't for me.

LaidBak

Mine rubs off because I have to wear a cotton hat every day (uniform hat). So I moisturize daily to counteract the friction and replace the stuff my hat absorbs.

ItsyBitsy

Last night I trimmed my ends (about 1/2 inch) afterwards I applied a light mist of Aveda Damage Control followed with NTM Silk Touch leave in.

Britt

Mine rubs off because I have to wear a cotton hat every day (uniform hat). So I moisturize daily to counteract the friction and replace the stuff my hat absorbs.

Oh ok.. well this makes sense...
But I guess I don't understand if you are properly deep conditioning your hair and all goes well w/ that, what's the need to moisturize multiple times a day? I mean, if your hair is that dry, then something is really off.. IDK, just wondered this for the longest :spinning: . Eh, to each its own.

LaidBak

Oh ok.. well this makes sense...
But I guess I don't understand if you are properly deep conditioning your hair and all goes well w/ that, what's the need to moisturize multiple times a day? I mean, if your hair is that dry, then something is really off.. IDK, just wondered this for the longest :spinning: . Eh, to each its own.

No, you're right. When I am not wearing my uniform and nothing is on my head my hair can go for days w/o needing a moisture boost.
Some Ladies may have porosity issues causing them to have to up their moisturizing. Or maybe extreme environmental circumstances?

baddison

natural for good
Very Light spritz with Doo Gro Leave In Growth Treatment
Apply Giovanni Direct Leave In
Seal with ORS Carrot Oil

panamoni

Well, my JC Nourish n Shine arrived today so I want to use that tonight. Not sure if I'll use anything else with it. Maybe some JBCO...lately I've been moisturizing w ORS Olive Oil Cream and sealing w EVCO and JBCO.

ladytee2

I put my hair in a bun Tuesday and I didnt take it down Yesterday. I just put a little of my spay mix and some sheabutter on the halo frizz and scarfed before bed. Today by noon my halo frizz was out of control. This equals dryness to me. But then I am natuarly dry from head to toe. My skin is already feeling the weather change. It feels dry and itchy.

jdbe

I moisturize with Lacio lacio and seal with a Shea butter, coconut oil, and jojoba oil mix. I started doing this bc it is what I had on hand but now that I am seeing some of the other responses do you think it is ok to use Lacio lacio as a daily moisturizer?

UKGURL

im moisturizing with scurl and sealing with castor oil. i have been doing this for a while now and cant get over how soft my hair is by moroning time.

baddison

natural for good
Very Light spritz with Doo Gro Leave In Growth Treatment
Apply Giovanni Direct Leave In
Seal with ORS Carrot Oil

Yup.....done!! For added strength/moisture,I parted into 5 fat twists, and dropped each twist into a baggy....mmmmmmmm:lick::lick:

My ends love this.

melodies815

I know it's not yesterday anymore...but I am moisturizing and sealing with shea butter tonight after saran wrap deep conditioning all day long (a first for me.) I work from home...

cj

Nice Lady

I will be using Hollywood Olive Oil Creme as a moisturizer and seal with Carrot Oil Tube because I am visiting my parents.