What type of relaxer do you recommend???

I would say to try the Motions Oil Mild, most 4s said it didn't work for them & left them way underprocessed, so it's a very light relaxer and in essence that's what you want so that is my suggestion.

[ QUOTE ]
hER hair looks like a fresh perm IMO
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Almost missed this one.

High Priestess I get that a lot from people. And they always ask me why I relax. I just didn't know what to do with her wavy hair because it is so dry. In the shower it would be all wavy and then it would frizz up when dry so I decided to relax! I think that I will reclassify her as a 2c/3. I went back and looked at several hair typing charts and she fits the 2c category according to this chart naturally curl hair types

Keep in mind that only about 3 inches of her natural texture is showing the rest is relaxed bone straight. If it were not relaxed she would have a soft wave pattern through out all of her hair.

Thanks for all of the input ladies!

DSD: your daughter's hair is beautiful.. no matter what hairtype she is! Her hair definetely has more wave than coil, and looks very easy to handle.

Just a side note.. most ladies who have switched from no-lye to lye say that their hair processed faster with the no-lye, so when they switched and used the same timing most ended up with underprocessed hair. So look out for that IF you make the switch.

She is lucky to have a mom like you caring for her hair so vigilantly.

Back