Votes: 41 40.2%
  • Amonium Thioglycolate

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Ammonium Bisulfite

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acapnleo

probably the only one here that uses this... but... African Pride- No Lye (mixed with random oils that I have)- with based scalp (vaseline) = excellent :)

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I was using Creme of Nature No-Lye, but it was killing my scalp and hair not so softly.
Now I use Design Essentials Lo-Lye, and I love it. My hair comes out straight, but not so straight that it has that "plastered to the scalp" look.

dancinstallion

I have come to the conclusion that I am the only one that uses new era relaxer.
I don't want to be alone anymore. So Naturals that are on the fence about relaxing, Then try new Era.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
I usually use Affirm lye (stylist). I'm thinking of using ORS lye or Revlon Realistic Lye for my touch-up since my sister will do it for me.

Last edited:

TeeDee66

No lye is best for me because of my super sensitive scalp. I notice though that it doesn't get my hair completely straight but I'm okay with that because my head's not on fire. I've been using Affirm for 5 years.

Majestye

When I went to a stylist, she used Vitale on me (I used to burn bad!), then the next stylist used Mizani Butter Blend, yet I still burned...

I just recently self-texlaxed and stuck with Mizani Butter Blend (lye)- fine/color treated hair, added 1/4 cup of EVOO and based my scalp very well overnight, added some oil throughout just before I texlaxed and ...not one burn or itch! I'll be sticking with Mizani BB.

Last edited:

dancinstallion

Who uses Motions Gel activated Relaxer?
I just saw a commercial for it and I wanted to know how it works. It sounds like it works like the gel heat activated one I use.

candycan

Hi there! I was so intrigued by this thread! I'm researching acid perms as they are for more fragile hair like my fine 3c/4a hair. I want my curls to be loosened but with a not so damaging relaxer. How is it working for you?

candycan

Haven't tried it, i decided to go one more summer without a relaxer trying to reach 18" before i relax I currently have 14" of natural hair. How's your hair doing?