What type of hair should I use for my Braids?

Sade

I have a question I am going to Colombia for 3 months and I decided to get my hair in braids. Anyway, the styles below are the ones I am thinking of doing but I don't know what type of hair I should get. Human or synthetic? and how much hair I should get? If you look in my album you will see the lenght of my hair and color. Also, for people in the Washington DC area, does anyone know of a good braider that they can refer me to? Money is not an issue I just want to make sure that my braids are done/ styled properly. Please any suggestions about the type of hair and braider will help. Thanks inadvance for your suggestions.

Sade

Neroli

I have used synthetic "yaki pony" hair for similar braided style. It's soft with slightly curled ends that stay curl when washed. I get any brand, so along as it's "yaki pony" and you can eye-ball the hair to see how the ends look.

PS: I never use human hair anymore because it doesn't hold up well at all, especially if you want to wash occasionally. There are now many many excellent synthetic hair that looks and feels like human hair, but lasts much much longer and costs much much less.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
The style you want needs human hair. If you want it to last for 3 months however, you may want to consider a different style. This is because human hair gets really frizzy, so 3 months with it may be a big push.

I'm currently 2 1/2 months into individual box braids down to my tailbone with 100% Kankelon hair. The brand is called Black & Gold and it came in a silver package. This same brand has hair that comes in a purple and gold package as well, but the hair in the silver package is supposedly a higher quality Kankelon and is pre-dipped.

I have a ton of newgrowth but the braids themself look pretty new. I've washed every week and every night I spray the braids and cover with a stocking cap. I'm taking them out this weekend but I could easily go another month without the braids looking worn.