What type of brush guys??

Samaria

I want to buy a brush for my hair, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to what type? Please help! Thanks, and I will say I (ithink)am 3c/4a

MiWay

I've also heard about a Denman brush...not sure where to get one though. I use a 100% boar bristle brush, which is great for smoothing my edges.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
msbrown76 said:
I've also heard about a Denman brush...not sure where to get one though. I use a 100% boar bristle brush, which is great for smoothing my edges.

ITA....however, cheaper knockoff Denmans work just as good. My denman paddle little bristle thingys kept coming out and that puppy cost me $9... :ohwell: I'm using the traditional "white girl" detangle brush like this Denman one:
except cheaper MUCH cheaper....and my 'old skool' nylon brush as well as the boar's hair for smoothing...All of these are used for styling purposes ONLY not to brush 100x every night before bed... :lol:

Now I HAVE'NT tried this denman:
I'm still leery of the teeth coming out though...

morehairplease

onepraying,

where did you purchase the brush in the first pic?
tia

onepraying said:
ITA....however, cheaper knockoff Denmans work just as good. My denman paddle little bristle thingys kept coming out and that puppy cost me $9... :ohwell: I'm using the traditional "white girl" detangle brush like this Denman one:
except cheaper MUCH cheaper....and my 'old skool' nylon brush as well as the boar's hair for smoothing...All of these are used for styling purposes ONLY not to brush 100x every night before bed... :lol:

yokourt

I use the Denman all black brush with the rubber base
D5 Large Styling brush - 9 rows of bristle

I got it from Sally's about a year ago and teeth have never come out

The bristles massage the scalp, stimulating bloodflow.The brush head and bristles are all "one-piece", so they do not snag or tear the hair. In addition, the ends of the bristles are rounded to prevent them from scratching.

They are recommended for people with sensitive heads, for children or for thinning hairlines.

The D5 is a heavyweight version of the standard 9 row styling brush. Additional weight has been added to the handle. This is preferred by many stylists who like to "feel" this powerful product in their hands. Again, it is great for long hair.

Last edited:

honeisos

I use the ace brush for dry hair to smooth out edges or brush up a puff and the denman brush for the shower.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
onepraying said:

That denman brush is great! I have had mine for a year and the teeth are all there.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
nubianqt86 said:
That denman brush is great! I have had mine for a year and the teeth are all there.
I really want to try that brush with the white teeth! I'm glad to know yours and yokourts teeth haven't come out...that sounds funny... :lol:

Maybe I got a bad brush... :mad:

Healthb4Length

I used the Denman brush to detangle my grandma's waistlength type 3c hair and it did a phenominal job! I was impressed, I will be ordering some of these brushes for myself in the new year, I hope that it works for my type 4a hair as well.

Sunshine_One

Are these (Denman) brushes really good for detangly natural hair? I saw one on monday at Trade secret for $12.50. I was thinking of purchasing but wanted input from folks here on the board first.

Sun

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Sunshine_One said:
Are these (Denman) brushes really good for detangly natural hair? I saw one on monday at Trade secret for $12.50. I was thinking of purchasing but wanted input from folks here on the board first.

Sun
YES!!! Like a dream, especially while wet or damp and especially when you have a good leave-in with great slippage! You just need to find the right one for you...

neonbright

I just bought a Goody Ouchless Snagless Styling brush. I was watching some show and they were talking about these, and stating how great they are on all types are hair. There is serval styles for you hair type, so I got the "fine" and it seems so far great and only $5.00 at Walmart...