Instead of gel??

Prettyinpink00

Hey guys i ned a little help. I have a 3c/4a type of hair and for years i have used dark brown gel to hold it down in a ponytail. What can i use instead? Is there anyting that will hold it in place without making it super hard and dry. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

i have great results mixing World of Curls activator with clear gel. the curl activator keeps it moist. the gel keeps it in place.
smile.gif

There are lots of other gels that are so much better than that dark brown gel. My personal favorite is Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel. It doesn't get hair, has no alcohol, and has sunscreen.

As much as I hated ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer, if I applied some to my edges and brushed, my hair looked really nice, particularly the edges.

I have recently started wearing my hair in one ponytail with a single braid and one of those hairballs that you see little girls wear. Anyway, I've been using shea butter on damp hair to help lay my ponytail down, and it works like a charm. After my hair dries, it very soft and shiny.

I second Fantasia Frizz Buster Gel along with a moisturizer like CDHHB, CDMM, or Curve's Buttercreme (I got the free sample...so you may just ignore that suggestion)

Third on Fantasia Frizz Buster Gel (thanks syoulee1
grin.gif
)

And I also LOVE Let's Jam (no alcohol and edges hold and look very smooth).
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
There are lots of other gels that are so much better than that dark brown gel. My personal favorite is Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel. It doesn't get hair, has no alcohol, and has sunscreen.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really like it to HAIRLOVE.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I really like it to HAIRLOVE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great!! I'm glad you do!

Back