What to do about the nape

laurend085

When I had my assymetrical bob my nape was shaved for the style. Currently I have kinky twists which I've had for a month so far. Some of them have fallen out of the nape already and I have also removed those that were hangin on by a thread. My nape tends to feel a little dry to me and its a problem with wearing styles in my hair because its too short it cant be pulled back or anything, it looks like a little puff ball and causes my other hair to puff out also. As I run my fingers through it, it feels tangly. I will be taking down my kinky twists in about a month and know that I will be tempted to relax because I'm sure my hair has not grown long enough to even cover it. I want to grow out my nape and I've read not to use heat on it either. What can I do?

laurend085

I don't think so and I cant cornrow. I know when the girls were doin my twists they had a hard time catchin it.

nymane

I'd DC regularly, M&S daily, make sure it gets sufficient protein and protect it at night time.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

DON'T relax your nape!!! That can be a sensitive area, is often gets processed the longest , since folks usually start from the back and move forward when applying. I had the same problem a year ago, and stopped processing that area. I kept it moisturized, and you may have your braiders put smaller braids in that area (use human hair if you can, cuz it's not as heavy or rough on your hair as synthetic). My nape has grown out and is about four inches long now, and it's the only part of my hair that's 100% natural, lol.

Good luck!

Salsarisma

Great tips! I have the same problem with my nape. I'm going to see if it's long enough for my sister to cornrow!