What is your "signature" style?

natstar said:
For me its becoming my clip up bun in my avatar. I wear that all the time now and I am building up a collection of clips. It's really convenient.

Can you show a larger pic of it please. I would like to try it.

Either pixie braids or a partial updo when my hair is not braided. My updos tend to come out looking really pretty because they show off the varying degrees of my natural hair. I'm thinking about letting pixie braids go because it's becoming too time-consuming for me to take them down.

jjjackie said:
Can you show a larger pic of it please. I would like to try it.

Here it goes. To make it larger, you can click on the pic.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I wear some type of updo everyday. I normally pin curl my hair at night and in the morning, pile all the curls on top and clip it up or twist it up. Sometimes I'll wear a curly ponytail.

natstar said:
Here it goes. To make it larger, you can click on the pic.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks. I think is really creative and would love to try it but I do not think my hair is long enough yet (8-10"). Sorry for all they questions but how do you do it?

My signature style would be a bun with two braids in the front.

Last edited:
The bun is really working out for alot of us. I can't wait for my hair to gain a few more inches so I can rock my favorite hairstyle of all the "ballerina" bun. I don't know why I love it but I do. I tried to find black bun rings but all I found were blonde colored styrofoam tubes. I got mad and decided to take a black sock, cut off the toe, roll it up and have my mom sew black satin around the ring. I works good but I want my hair to be a little longer for the best effect.

One braid either at the crown or the nape. I put the braid in a baggy and cover with a bun or braid cover, or a silk scarf.

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
~~~Bun~~~ :)

Yeah, me too.:ohwell:
LOL! Then when i wear my hair down or a different style or something my coworkers make a big fuss (i hate that!). Like when i got my touchup and wore it down for the hide your hair til april fools challenge someone asked me," oh you got your hair done for easter, huh?":ohwell:

jjjackie said:
Thanks. I think is really creative and would love to try it but I do not think my hair is long enough yet (8-10"). Sorry for all they questions but how do you do it?

My signature style would be a bun with two braids in the front.

Thanks- I don't know for sure about length. I think you should at least attempt it on stretched out hair and see where you are at. You can always use bobby pins. Or you can wait until you feel comfortable w/ the length to attempt it again. If you can do a bun already, you should be able to do this style.
I replied to a thread w/ more info on how I clip it up etc. Just let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=123118

I usually wear my hair down until about 7 weeks post touch up, then it's a bun with a headband around it (to keep me from brushing my edges too much).

Wash n go puff is my signature style. I wear it everyday, partly because I love it and partly because I'm too lazy to style my hair any other way lol.

Well with me, it would have to be my pony puff! :p
My hair is natural so I just spritz with a special water/glycerin mix my mom makes (enhances my curl pattern and adds shine), put a little coconut oil (softens and moisturizes), and aloe vera gel to pull my hair up in the pony puff. This style is so me and so much fun! I love the attention it gets :grin:

Back