Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Frizz Ease

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 21.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PGirl

Ok ladies, I just discovered another serum that I love in addition to NTM Serum. It's Garnier Fructis and I love it. I use it at night on dry hair, with my NTM Leave in and it makes my hair smooth and shiny the next day. On wet hair, it gives incredible slip. I love my NTM, but I'm glad to meet Garnier!

What's your favorite serum and why? If you vote "Other" please post which serum you like.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Silicon Mix Shine Serum! Woot, woot! :woot: The best, most underrrated serum ever!

Coming in second place is PM Skinny Serum, but it doesn't add shine, so it loses a few points for that

Honorable mentions: Silken Child Serum and Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum

Adaoba2012

I recently bought Chi silk infusion and I have fallen in love. But I'm not sure because I use it with lacio lacio and NTM silk touch...it may just be the combo of all 3. Either way my hair has incredible shine!

Last edited:

Solitude

I absolutely :love: serums!!!!

1. Chi Silk Infusion is hands-down the NUMBER ONE SERUM!!!!!
2. Paul Mitchell is a very close second
3. BioSilk if you want the weightless feel
4. GF is cool for no-heat styling
5. Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum smells amazing!!! It's great for date nights.

Last edited:

Esq.2B

OP sorry to hi-jack your thread, I just have a quick question:

Are serums only used by people who use direct heat like flat-irons? Or do non-direct heat users use serum too?

PGirl

Are serums only used by people who use direct heat like flat-irons? Or do non-direct heat users use serum too?

People who use direct heat should certainly consider a serum because they can serve as a heat protectant however, I use serum everyday whether I use direct heat or not. I need serum to help me detangle when wet and it keeps my hair smoother and I love shine. Some serums have a little oil in them like NTM, Garnier and others so they will give you a little moisture as well. Chi Silk Infusium has Hydroylzed Silk which means it's providing protection and strength to the hair. It's costly but chi wins as far as health goes. I don't get the shine from Chi but I see why it's winning the race right now.

Some people "seal" with oil. I "seal" with serum.

Last edited:

SelfStyled

Great Thread. I use and love a couple of Serums. For heat styling I will use Sabino Moisture Block, but I can never seem to get that on my roots, so I like to use the Fantasia pink one in the spray bottle so that I can get heat protection on my roots.

For my airydrying in a bun, I don't want to use the expensive SMB, so I use Fantasia Frizz Buster. I love the consistency of this serum, the ingredients are very similar to my SMB. My hair dries nice and smooth with this serum.

All 3 provide ridiculous shine.

PGirl

Great Thread. I use and love a couple of Serums. For heat styling I will use Sabino Moisture Block, but I can never seem to get that on my roots, so I like to use the Fantasia pink one in the spray bottle so that I can get heat protection on my roots.

For my airydrying in a bun, I don't want to use the expensive SMB, so I use Fantasia Frizz Buster. I love the consistency of this serum, the ingredients are very similar to my SMB. My hair dries nice and smooth with this serum.

All 3 provide ridiculous shine.

Oh I forgot to put Sabino Moisture Block as an option. I just ordered some of this and haven't tried it yet. I have heard good things.

Desarae

I like Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum, Chi Silk Infusion, Sabino MB (not for my hair, but when I do others hair that have really thick hair).

I want to try the PM Super Skinny next.

Americka

I have Sabino, but I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. I'm saving it for when I relax and will be using heat. I previously used Triple Gro Anti-shedding healing serum. I liked it. It saved my hair from further damage during my pre-LHCF days.

pri

Phytodefrisant hair relaxing balm....is great! I use it on wet or dry hair to seal and it leaves my hair soft,shiny and frizz free all day. When used on wet hair it detangles so good. Also, when used as heat protectant leaves hair straight and moisturized.

ETA: helps me a lot when strecthing too. Keeps ng soft and straight.

Last edited:

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
sabino moisture block because it works!
(silken seal and chi silk infusion close seconds because they don't keep my hair from reverting)

cutie29

I have been sooo loving organix anti breakage serum, I've used plenty of others but this is the only one that keeps my hair butter soft and shiny.

Last edited:

tiffers

I have Sabino, but I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. I'm saving it for when I relax and will be using heat. I previously used Triple Gro Anti-shedding healing serum. I liked it. It saved my hair from further damage during my pre-LHCF days.
I ordered this online and was thoroughly pissed when it arrived. It was a pretty much liqiud vaseline (ingredients were mineral oil, petroleam, lanolin, preseratives and fragrance :perplexed ) and smelled like Blue Magic grease. I decided to try it once just to give it a chance and it weighed my hair down so bad. I didn't even use a lot. My hair was a greasy mess. I bought it thinking it was a serum :nono:

BrooklynSouth

AVON has a few-the ADVANCE TECHNIQUES DRY END SERUM-the small bottles are perfect travel and purse sized; the best was the wheat germ formula but they don't have it anymore.

tiffers

I use them when I rollerset. But even when I just airdry in a bun, I use a serum for slip, smoothness and extra shine :yep:

Like PGirl, I use serums to seal. My hair hates oils

Nonie

I couldn't vote coz I wanted to vote for John Frieda Frizz Ease but they are listed as two different things. It's my favorite because it was the first I tried when I was relaxed and I love how it left my hair feeling. I tried others and they were not better or worse, but I tend not to change things if they aren't causing me any issues so I stick to the devil I know.

Incidentally, I recently used it during my press (actually two items from the John Frieda line) and got the best press ever. No burnt smell at all (can't say that ever happened before). So I'm 100% sold on JF. Besides, they are the serum I have known the longest and I reckon, they have been "in the business" long enough to be pretty good at what they do.

Americka

I ordered this online and was thoroughly pissed when it arrived. It was a pretty much liqiud vaseline (ingredients were mineral oil, petroleam, lanolin, preseratives and fragrance :perplexed ) and smelled like Blue Magic grease. I decided to try it once just to give it a chance and it weighed my hair down so bad. I didn't even use a lot. My hair was a greasy mess. I bought it thinking it was a serum :nono:

:blush:! Keep in mind that I bought this during my pre-LHCF days. I knew nothing about the dangers of mineral oil, petroleum, and checking for ingredients. Considering how I was frying my hair on a daily basis, it helped to a certain extent because I was retaining some growth. And my hair likes...loves oils and grease. As I increase the time between relaxers, my new growth requires heavier oils and grease. That's what I like about this forum - we can learn from each other's experience. :yep:

tiffers

:blush:! Keep in mind that I bought this during my pre-LHCF days. I knew nothing about the dangers of mineral oil, petroleum, and checking for ingredients. Considering how I was frying my hair on a daily basis, it helped to a certain extent because I was retaining some growth. And my hair likes...loves oils and grease. As I increase the time between relaxers, my new growth requires heavier oils and grease. That's what I like about this forum - we can learn from each other's experience. :yep:
I don't even wanna THINK about the stuff I was using in my head before LHCF! :lachen:

How did you use it? On your scalp? Did it help you with shedding? That's the main reason I bought it and it didn't help at all. If it woulda helped my shedding, I'd still be using it!

Americka

I don't even wanna THINK about the stuff I was using in my head before LHCF! :lachen:

How did you use it? On your scalp? Did it help you with shedding? That's the main reason I bought it and it didn't help at all. If it woulda helped my shedding, I'd still be using it!

Yes, I used it on my scalp and the length of my hair. It helped me with shedding, but my real problem was breakage. I may repurchase it. However, I like trying new products that go a step beyond the previous product. Any recommendations?

PGirl

I couldn't vote coz I wanted to vote for John Frieda Frizz Ease but they are listed as two different things.

Oh when I put Frizz Ease I was thinking of this product that I used a long time ago. Now I'm wondering if in fact this is a JF product. It has a long plastic tube down into the bottom of the jar that you use to dip out some of the serum. It looks different than the JF serum that I have. Maybe it's the same stuff????

Is this...

Same as this stuff????

vkb247

I don't have much experience with serums. I have only tried Fantasia which wasn't great and then yesterday I bought One 'n Only Ceramic Silk Thermal Protection Shine Boost. There is also a cream and a spray in this line and they are all heat protectants. I bought the serum because it had the best ingredients and I figured it would last the longest because you only need a couple of drops. I have used it in the relaxer and in the protein step post relaxer when texlaxing my nieces hair because it has silk and hydrolyzed protein. It also has glycerin in it and the only cone it is dimethicaone so it can be cowashed out! I added a little bit to the front of my hair this morning and it added a nice shine. I am looking forward to using it to blow dry my hair and see how straight I can get it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
WOW ! Thanks Ladies. I've been thinking I need Serum in my Life this Summer for my Phony Buns.:think:

Never used a serum before and kept wondering if it was/is the Same as a "Glosser?" Couldn't figure out the difference.

This Thread has definitely given me some good options to think about.

You Ladies are Wonderful.:blush: Thank you all soooo much.

mzcris

my favorite serum is fantasia...and i rollerset my hair quit often and i use it along with my leave in conditioner when i rollerset.

Natural Glow

My favorite is either Chi Silk Infusion or this
Fantasia IC Heat Protector Straightening Serum. Love them both.

Last edited: