What is the LEAST amount of growth you have gotten in a year...

What is the LEAST amount of growth you have gotten in a year?

• 0 inches

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • 1-3 inches

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • 4-6 inches

Votes: 35 36.1%

• Total voters

Jewell

IDK, I'd say maybe 4-5, when I was scissor happy, and trimming every time I turned around. At least my ends were healthy and thick, but not much progress in the length department! Thank God I know how to maintain the ends, retain, and don't need scissors to do it.

Chameleonchick

Wow 11 people put zero I don't think that is possible. Even if it is breaking it is still growing as fast as it breaks.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
When I started my hair journey, I would sometimes end up with shorter hair after a year of trying to grow it out. :perplexed

That's like minus-growth :lol:

Then I stopped abusing my hair and it started growing (retaining).

indarican

i found that my hair grows very quickly but i cant retain it worth nothing. There was once a time that i grew close to 4 inches of hair in a month and a half, because i wrapped and oil sheened my hair every day like a crazy woman, i didnt wash my hair and my new growth was very very tamed because of all the oil in my hair. The bad part, it all broke off when i started washing and relaxing again. But at least i know it grows.

Katherina

my hair didn't get any longer for about 6 years. then i started cutting it and it would only grow to CBL and start breaking again. now i do believe it's always grown about 6 inches per year. it just wasn't retaining well until last year. :)

HeChangedMyName

I don't know. Since being on the boards, i've been trending at 6" per year, but because i'm addicted to wearing my hair out, I never see the full results of that because of loss on the ends. i know because I colored my hair in July last year and as of last night when i was looking at how much healthier my non-colored hair is, I measured roughly 3" of growth.

I wish i had the patience to PS and retain a years worth of ends.