What is the best shampoo for naturals?

chitowngal330

I know many natural heads here don't use shampoo. I have been using Elucence Moisture Balancing shampoo and conditioner. I :love2: the conditioner, makes my hair soft and easy to detangle, but the shampoo makes my hair feel "squeaky clean" and NOT in a good way. I'm looking for a replacement poo...any ideas?

Qualitee

I :love:Elucence Moisture Balancing shampoo. I understand what you mean about the extra clean feeling. I love it! It leaves my hair so soft too. I hope you get your answer ((HUGS))

Akemi

I've recently began using the Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural Sulfate Free Daily Shampoo (such a long name). I really like it. I first bought the sample size for about $3. I liked it so much that I got the full size afterwards. It's the first sufate free shampoo I've tried (out of 3) that makes my hair feel moisturized and supple and not stripped. It is exclusively at CVS.

MCMLXXII

Hi: My all time fave shampoo is Cream of Nature (green cap). It's complete perfection. Available at Sally's.

However, lately I've been using poo's and conditioners from the Hydrathermal Naturals line. The shampoos are very rich and lush...and you only need a little. :yep:

Link: http://www.healthyhairjourney.com/

chitowngal330

:bump:

any other ideas?

Silly question: what are shampoo bars and how are they different (or better) than regular shampoo? :scratchch

KizzieNapps

I use a shikaikai shampoo bar. It cost all of $2 at my local indian grocer. It leaves my hair super soft and clean. When I clarify I use Paul Mitchell's Shampoo 2 ($7). It has SLS but it does not strip my natural strands my hair is ALWAYS soft after I use.

KizzieNapps

:bump:

any other ideas?

Silly question: what are shampoo bars and how are they different (or better) than regular shampoo? :scratchch

Poo bars will look just like soap but its shampoo in a bar. For me they are better because a lot of them are all natural and do not have Sodium Laureth Sulfate in them which strips and dries the hair. They clean your hair well while keeping your strands soft.

Str8~Curly

I love Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. For almost 2 years, every time I try to stray away (from boredom) I always come back.

naijamerican

I use the Elucence Moisture Balancing shampoo. The other shampoo I really love is from the Aveda Dry Remedy line. That shampoo is the bomb! :D

glamazon386

Right now I'm using Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo. I also like DevaCurl No Poo and the Miss Jessie's Shampoo. Anything without SLS works for me. Anything with it, I have to use sparingly and follow up with a moisturizing poo.

msa

baking soda and water. cheap, easily accessible, and it gets the job done without drying out my hair. cuts through all the oil I put on my hair.

NappturalWomyn

Baking soda shampoo recipe
Chagrin Valley's Mud and Clay; Nettle; Herb Garden shampoo bars
Liquid shampoos just didn't work for me at all...one disappointment after another...

stargazer613

Currently, I'm really enjoying Naked Naturals Citrus & Keratin Shampoo. It does a great job at removing buildup without making the hair feel dry. I purchased it from Walgreens for about $7.

Also, I really like Aveda Scalp Benefits, Alba Botanica Hawaiian Honeydew Shampoo and Activate Hydrate Shampoo (this one is discontinued but you might be able to find it online somewhere).

BrooklynSouth

I know many natural heads here don't use shampoo. I have been using Elucence Moisture Balancing shampoo and conditioner. I :love2: the conditioner, makes my hair soft and easy to detangle, but the shampoo makes my hair feel "squeaky clean" and NOT in a good way. I'm looking for a replacement poo...any ideas?

Now...you are more confused than ever! Takes experimentation to find which is BEST for YOUR HAIR, Chitowngal. Only way to find THE shampoo, THE conditioner, THE oil, THE leave-in, etc...is to experiment..it's all about trial and error...there really is no snap answer to your hair health and growth. People raved about MOTIONS CPR...I used it and it gave me instant breakage...really..the way to find your products is to experiment:yep:.