What is texlax??

Whimsy

So I was talking to a friend re: my relaxer and she said it sucks now that i'll have to wear my hair straight all the time. I told her no cuz it'll be curly when I wash it. She said I didnt get a relaxer then. BUT she didnt say what exactly i got. Now I know i saw relaxer written on the jar used on my hair...so that got me thinking, I saw the term tex-lax use here a couple times...but so my question is:

What is texlax? is that relaxing but not combing it thru? relaxing but taking it out early? OR is it a separate product?

JLove74

Whimsy said:
What is texlax? is that relaxing but not combing it thru? relaxing but taking it out early? OR is it a separate product?

Texlaxing is using whatever relaxer you choose, but only leaving it in for about half the time and not smoothing the relaxer.

Royal Glory

Whimsy said:
So I was talking to a friend re: my relaxer and she said it sucks now that i'll have to wear my hair straight all the time. I told her no cuz it'll be curly when I wash it. She said I didnt get a relaxer then. BUT she didnt say what exactly i got. Now I know i saw relaxer written on the jar used on my hair...so that got me thinking, I saw the term tex-lax use here a couple times...but so my question is:

Hi Whimsy.

Glad you asked that, because I've been wondering myself and just didn't get around to asking. (Or maybe I thought I reached my quota of newbie questions for the month!)

Humm. Sounds like a neat thing to do.

What are the benefits of texlaxing? Or do I need to ask that in a separate thread?

JLove74

Royal Glory said:
Hi Whimsy.

Glad you asked that, because I've been wondering myself and just didn't get around to asking. (Or maybe I thought I reached my quota of newbie questions for the month!)

Humm. Sounds like a neat thing to do.

What are the benefits of texlaxing? Or do I need to ask that in a separate thread?

The main benefit, for me anyways, is that texlaxing gives body to my hair. I like big hair, as you tell by my siggy pic :)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
texlaxing is also a lesser degree of straitness. Some do it on purpose and some like me, don't!:lol: My texlaxed hair is very hard to style. I don't like it very much.:ohwell:

RosesBlack

Texlaxing for me has been a life saver. I used to relax bone straight every time and I've discovered a.)I don't need to b.)it's way more stress on my hair than I need and most importantly no matter how straight I relax/beat on my hair it's still going to be big and poofy. Now I love it.