What is 'good' hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
Sheena284, this whole thread is ridiculous. At a time where more and more young black women seek to learn more about their natural hair, you create this pathetic thread. Do you know this is one of the most popular hair boards for black women worldwide? What is the point of rehashing terms like "good hair", allowing new members to view this thread showcasing pictures of what the world deems as "bad hair"? How is that good for their consciousness? Do we REALLY need to delve into this mentality AGAIN? Go to the library and read up history books about the history of "good hair."

TO MANY PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE HAIR BOARDS, good hair = healthy hair. Of course, you want the ignorant answers.

chicha

I'm sorry... Why can't the OP ask her question without all the popcorn pics? Also, she's asking what's perceived as good hair, not your personal definition. I could understand all these gifs the thread went south but it's already popping up in the first page? Dang... :perplexed

Steps 1: I know. She asked a question. Answer it if you want to or like it. Don't answer if you don't want to or don't like it. Or if you don't like what she asked. Don't answer. Simple as 1, 2, 3.

No one has to like what someone else asks here. As long as she's being kind to others and respectful what's the issue about? Now take that answer and return to step one.

Bullying or pressure towards bullying to not ask and post is wrong.

SND411

Sheena284

You wrote in regards to a user mentioning comments from a racist board:

It's not like I'm an idiot that doesn't know that there's racist crap out there, but I think repeating all this negative sh*t about black people/women just adds to the problem IMO. I mean, some people could have been having a bloody great day, and then sh*t like that, which they did not seek out, gets thrown in their face and pisses them off, ykwim?

Aren't you doing the same thing?

chicha

^^ This is why people can't ask questions. It's not her asking the questions. It's some posters who start mess in the threads.

There is a sticky I believe in the "Off Topic" area that says "Enough ALREADY". Posts in there says respect others and if you dont agree with it, keep it moving.

If you don't agree with what she posted, if you don't like it, keep it moving.

Otherwise you are the person starting the confusion and crap.

D*m leave the chic alone.

SND411

^^ This is why people can't ask questions. It's not her asking the questions. It's some posters who start mess in the threads.

There is a sticky I believe in the "Off Topic" area that says "Enough ALREADY". Posts in there says respect others and if you dont agree with it, keep it moving.

If you don't agree with what she posted, if you don't like it, keep it moving.

Otherwise you are the person starting the confusion and crap.

D*m leave the chic alone.

Cry me a river. How many times do you have to defend the OP? This is like your 10th post on here saying the same thing. Is she your cousin or something? Dang, I'm sure the OP can handle herself.

HauteHippie

Sheena284

It's not like I'm an idiot that doesn't know that there's racist crap out there, but I think repeating all this negative sh*t about black people/women just adds to the problem IMO. I mean, some people could have been having a bloody great day, and then sh*t like that, which they did not seek out, gets thrown in their face and pisses them off, ykwim?

Fo' real? Out pops the LHCFBI.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

greenandchic

Yeah I think she had that little bit left from the texturizing. Either way yeah its a 4-ish hair type. And I don't think many consider that good hair.

I have 4 type hair and I've heard the "good hair" thing many times. Like other's said, its subjective.

SheenaVee

SND411

I really can't be arsed with this whole thread anymore, to be honest. Like I said, Ok, fair enough you think I'm doing whatever in this thread. It's obvious that whatever I type will not make a difference so I'm tired lol. I got a few responses which answered what I was asking so I'm done with it.

No idea what my post from that other thread has to do with asking 'what people might have thought of, before they came on the hair boards, when they thought of 'good hair' but if you say it does, I apologise.

Almaz

Alrighttttyyyy THEN LCHFBI on the case man Where is Osama? Is he REALLY dead? You tell me :lachen::lachen:

@Sheena284

SheenaVee

And lol the people accusing ME of starting drama are the same ones making comments about things getting 'interesting'. Ok, I guess that's what you were waiting for. Hope you have fun.

SND411

@SND411

I really can't be arsed with this whole thread anymore, to be honest. Like I said, Ok, fair enough you think I'm doing whatever in this thread. It's obvious that whatever I type will not make a difference so I'm tired lol. I got a few responses which answered what I was asking so I'm done with it.

No idea what my post from that other thread has to do with asking 'what people might have thought of, before they came on the hair boards, when they thought of 'good hair' but if you say it does, I apologise.
Then bye, oh "good haired one" :worship2:

SND411

Is this a joke? I mean, is that you in your siggy?

She posted twice saying nearly the same thing. She was probably looking for another user to counter with "really? looking at your hair, I would say that's good hair." :rolleyes:

MizzBrown

She posted twice saying nearly the same thing. She was probably looking for another user to counter with "really? looking at your hair, I would say that's good hair." :rolleyes:

Oh she was serious? I thought I just misread. I mean, we got pictures. I dont see why we acting like this?

SmileyNY

And lol the people accusing ME of starting drama are the same ones making comments about things getting 'interesting'. Ok, I guess that's what you were waiting for. Hope you have fun.

I didn't accuse you of starting drama... But starting drama & being smart enough to see it coming are two different things.

In all fairness, it did get interesting :look: Why get mad at others for simply mentioning reality. You should be mad at the one who actually called you out.

All that said... I really don't think you intended to start anything & make ppl mad... and I don't see you as a villain. This is just a controversial subject because the answers are subjective. Live & learn.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

LadyRaider

I would imagine that anyone on LHCF would have a history of being told they had good hair... whether it is manageability, length, or just having it looking CUTE all the time.

We are hair enthusiasts for a reason. There could be exceptions, but I daresay the vast majority of us have "good hair."

Platinum

And so it begins...

It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday! :club::beer::cheers:

SheenaVee

SmileyNY I'm not mad, just bored of it. Of course I knew what could potentially happen in a thread like this, (like I said, I searched before I posted to see if there was another thread like this already,) but why should I be afraid to post a thread just because of that? And I'm not seeing how I got called out or how it got interesting. Just because she dug up an old post of mine? Ok. :-/

BEAUTYU2U

I would imagine that anyone on LHCF would have a history of being told they had good hair... whether it is manageability, length, or just having it looking CUTE all the time.

We are hair enthusiasts for a reason. There could be exceptions, but I daresay the vast majority of us have "good hair."

You're such a peacemaker. You go girl! :lol:

LadyRaider

The OP reminds me of my brother. Yeah he was up to something, but there's no evidence, just that people who KNOW stuff like that, just KNOW he's up to something.

But he's all cool, you know? Like... "What? I was just curious!"

All right... maybe I recognize it because I'm like that as well. :) An Aggie friend called me an "Egger" once...as in Egging things on. Who me? I didn't do nuffin!

Written without viciousness or animosity. I'm just glad Sheena made this thread as I am trying to submit my conference proposal to a JACKED UP server for the 6th time!

OsnapCnapp!

Sheena284

Im sorry babygirl I know how it is to ask a question and just want honest opinions, thoughts, or answers. You have to watch what you post here. Walk on eggshells at all times here trust me. There is a lot of sensitivity on this board you REALLY REALLY have to be careful. You gotta understand that for some of the ladies on the board hair and the issues of hair are their life. This is not just some side hobby for them like it is for some of us.....this is their LIFE. I didn't grow up with that "good hair vs bad hair" mentality myself but as some of the ladies in here have honestly said, good hair does seem to be the 3s or the mixed peoples heads. Just be careful here, I had to learn that myself in the beginning!

SND411

If you're going to keep crying how people have reacted to this unnecessary thread, you might as well ask it to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.