What is 'good' hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAUTYU2U

@Sheena284

Im sorry babygirl I know how it is to ask a question and just want honest opinions, thoughts, or answers. You have to watch what you post here. Walk on eggshells at all times here trust me. There is a lot of sensitivity on this board you REALLY REALLY have to be careful. You gotta understand that for some of the ladies on the board hair and the issues of hair are their life. This is not just some side hobby for them like it is for some of us.....this is their LIFE. I didn't grow up with that "good hair vs bad hair" mentality myself but as some of the ladies in here have honestly said, good hair does seem to be the 3s or the mixed peoples heads. Just be careful here, I had to learn that myself in the beginning!

Well, dayum ... I didn't think it was that serious around here.
:look:

SheenaVee

SND411 Who's crying? And no, I won't ask for it to be closed coz I don't see any problem with it. If you have a problem with it then you ask for it to be closed.

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
@SND411 Lol. What's your problem? :perplexed I'm not getting this.

I think it's weird how you understood what "coolie" hair meant but not "good hair." I also find it interesting that it's usually people with a certain texture of hair that bring up these sort of topics regularly. You know thread titles like "I was told yesterday I had good hair. How insulting!What does this mean?! Do I?":rolleyes: Kind of like how people who are light-skin/mix race create threads about skintone.

Long Hair Care Forum is one of the few places where the community at least tries to celebrate all hair. What was your purpose of asking about "good" hair only to have people post pictures of hair types that the world deems as "bad" hair WHILE many users on this board have the same hair? DO we need to be reminded?

Last edited:

SND411

@SND411 Who's crying? And no, I won't ask for it to be closed coz I don't see any problem with it. If you have a problem with it then you ask for it to be closed.

You just said you were done with the thread, now you don't see a problem with it?

OsnapCnapp!

Well, dayum ... I didn't think it was that serious around here.
:look:

What! Girl.....you must not have been around during Kimmaytube boards,'Why are you natural but you flat iron', 'If you're a 3b what would you do if you were 4b' those weren't the exact titles but the directions the threads took. I mean.....it can get like the wild west up in here!

SND411

LOL @ people saying they didn't know topics regarding "hair" was a serious deal for many BW. If not, why are you paying $6.50 a year for hair tips? Where did the whole "good hair mentality" come from? Why do so many refuse to go natural because they don't have a certain "grade" of hair?

BEAUTYU2U

@OhsnapCnapp! I did miss the Kimmay-gate ... I think I was following another gate at the time.

Did someone say "dance" ?

SheenaVee

SND411

Um, I said we don't use the term 'good hair' over here but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that 'coolie hair' is a similar term... I don't know where in this thread I put I don't have a clue whatsoever what good hair is deemed to be.

And what, should I remove my siggy whenever I post something now? Would that make you feel better? And did I ask people to post pics? Just a simple description would have been fine but people chose to post pictures. And if they want to why can't they?

If you are offended then, well, sorry. Jeez.

Aireen

And I'm not seeing how I got called out or how it got interesting. Just because she dug up an old post of mine? Ok. :-/

That's not why it got interesting. To me, things got interesting when people started arguing back and forth with you and kept persistently accusing. You have to remember in this section of the hair board, everything has been done ad infinitum — questions, BC threads, tips, challenges, setbacks, reveals, and even the drama. So you really can't blame us when we want to point out that things got interesting when some members are clearly starting to get catty and causing their own drama and seeking it on purpose with their posts.

kblc06

@SND411

Why are you being so defensive about this thread. Yes, there are plenty of unnecessary or frivolous topics that come up on this forum repeatedly- I know I've had my share and so have you and now it's Sheena's turn. So what she she has 3c/4a hair, so what you have 4b hair. It's was a simple question and shouldn't impact your self-esteem so deeply. If you don't want to take apart in the discussion because you feel the topic ruins your day than move on to the next one. If you feel as though your hair type is being put down here, there's always napturality.com. Hell, even I started out there. Peace and blessings

I think it's weird how you understood what "coolie" hair meant but not "good hair." I also find it interesting that it's usually people with a certain texture of hair that bring up these sort of topics regularly. You know thread titles like "I was told yesterday I had good hair. How insulting!What does this mean?! Do I?":rolleyes: Kind of like how people who are light-skin/mix race create threads about skintone.

Long Hair Care Forum is one of the few places where the community at least tries to celebrate all hair. What was your purpose of asking about "good" hair only to have people post pictures of hair types that the world deems as "bad" hair WHILE many users on this board have the same hair? DO we need to be reminded?

SND411

@SND411

Um, I said we don't use the term 'good hair' over here but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that 'coolie hair' is a similar term... I don't know where in this thread I put I don't have a clue whatsoever what good hair is deemed to be.

And what, should I remove my siggy whenever I post something now? Would that make you feel better? And did I ask people to post pics? Just a simple description would have been fine but people chose to post pictures. And if they want to why can't they?

If you are offended then, well, sorry. Jeez.
ANd it does not take a rocket science to understand the connotations of "good hair." I mean, obviously you heard it from somewhere.

Search youtube next time.

LadyRaider

Beauty Rules! I'll join you if I can get this proposal submitted.

But some up there did have a point. There was a girl... a GREAT girl.. who's first post was "My hair is so long, people think I'm mixed. It sucks"

She got jumped on HARD... but she's a good gal. Who was that again? She had waist length hair with color and she cut it shorter recently? November before last???

SND411

@SND411

Why are you being so defensive about this thread. Yes, there are plenty of unnecessary or frivolous topics that come up on this forum repeatedly- I know I've had my share and so have you and now it's Sheena's turn. So what she she has 3c/4a hair, so what you have 4b hair. It's was a simple question and shouldn't impact your self-esteem so deeply. If you don't want to take apart in the discussion because you feel the topic ruins your day than move on to the next one. Peace and blessings

Funny how you are assuming because I have 4b hair that I must have self-esteem issues in regards to this thread.

Platinum

But some up there did have a point. There was a girl... a GREAT girl.. who's first post was "My hair is so long, people think I'm mixed. It sucks"

She got jumped on HARD... but she's a good gal. Who was that again? She had waist length hair with color and she cut it shorter recently? November before last???

Was that AdoraAdora?

Embyra

she made SEVERAL threads talking about people thinking she was mixed thats why people went for her like dogs to a bone

chicha

Cry me a river. How many times do you have to defend the OP? This is like your 10th post on here saying the same thing. Is she your cousin or something? Dang, I'm sure the OP can handle herself.

The sad part is, some or a poster has actually put me in the position to do so.

It's also your 10th time jumping down her throat. Why do this? Why start stuff in the thread?

Once again you like it and post. You don't like it then respect the OP, the thread and the board enough to not start an argument. I don't always agree with posts but I do feel its that person's RIGHT to feel that way, as long as they are not starting mess.

kblc06

Funny how you are assuming because I have 4b hair that I must have self-esteem issues in regards to this thread.

If I recall correctly you've previously stated that you did, nor did I ever state that you had self-esteem issues, I was just referring to what you posted up thread . If I'm confusing you with another poster, my apologies :yep: @SND411r

--> Here's where you state your hair is 4b http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=524139

Last edited:

Aireen

OMGGGG I remember herrrr! She was texlaxed right? Advocated for the juice a lot?

BEAUTYU2U

I thought the end of Adora Squared was that post where she "cut all of her hair" but never posted the pictures. :lol:

chicha

The girl asked a question and someone has gone into the philosphy books of old, went down her posting history, and took time out of personal busy schedules to look up all who posts on similar subjects to philosophized whether they have a similar hair texture.

And SHE has the problem? She didn't even both myself or you. She's just like me and others who are TRYING TO POST IN PEACE.

But someone is threatening that. The only one who's repeatedly trying to BULLY the girl. Is that militant, REVOLUTION that important?

She didin't say good hair was the best and we black people should all want it. Or bad hair was sad and woe to those who have it. SOMEONE ELSE is MAKING this thread out to be something that it is not.

I think she's just trying to post in PEACE.

Last edited:

Embyra

It was AWESOME! :grin:

looool i cant lie i thought it was hilarious :look:
If it was just one thread then it would have been unfair but if you insist on posting multiple threads pertaining to woe is me and my ''mixed'' hair/facial feature sorrows then um yeah:look::yawn:

sheena doesn't post firestarter threads so the way some people are acting seems kinda extra to ME

SheenaVee

SND411 Don't need to search youtube thanks. I know perfectly well what the connotations are.

Did my thread say, what is the true definition of good hair? No. If it did the responses would have been, "healthy hair of all textures, types, shades, whatever is good hair'.

But as I said in the very first post WE ALREADY KNOW THIS. People were writing what they used to think of as good hair BEFORE they got into hair care and hair boards and whatnot. Or what a lot of people still think of as 'good hair' off the boards. I even wrote on one post it would be what we would call the 'ignorant' definition.

How is that enforcing the stereotypes? If anything, it's making fun of it. People commented on how sad it was that we even have terms like 'good hair and coolie hair and baby hair'. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that the pics and definitions posted are not the true definition.

If a thread offends you or you don't like the premise why keep reading?

LadyRaider

Woot! Oldy but classic! (classically creepy)

Status
Not open for further replies.