What is bizarre about YOUR hair?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

The bizarre thing about my hair:

It seems like the good Lord played a cruel joke on me. The back half and sides of my hair is like a 3c/4a. From the crown to the hairline is 4b. You can even see where the hair totally seperates into the two different textures when wearinga wash and go. It's like he drew a line in my head and was like "ok, you down here will be curly and you up top will be cottony" God MUST have a sense of humor because it is just the strangest/funniest thing :lachen:

What is bizarre about your hair?

It waves throughout the whole head and then has the nerve to curl at the bottom!What is that??Either be wavy or be curly:lachen:

No matter how I curl or straighten my hair so it will lay flat across my back , eventually the right side always flips up :rolleyes:

the left side is much much thicker than the right side and the back part is thinner than the top

oh and my hair shrinks badly

..it's drier than the Sahara Desert, the right side is weird, and the back is scared to come out and play.

The difference in texture. The front half of my hair is of the 3b type, while the back half is of the 3c type. Right now, I have about two months of new growth. When I run my fingers through the front of my hair, I can hardly feel the difference between the new growth and the texlaxed part. It's a completely different story when I run my fingers through the back. :yep:

My right side is shorter, and thinner than my left side. The middle of my hair is the thickest, and my hair shrinks like nobody's business:lachen:

No matter how long the relaxer stays on the nape of the neck part...that part of my hair never seems to smooth out nicely like the rest of my hair! :wallbash:

My hair gets extremely dry after I shampoo and if I don't put products on it right away it will shrivel up into knots and break off :blush:

*It changes textures. My crown is 4b, some is 4a and i have a teensy bit of 3c. When I stretch I have pretty coils and cottony mats in patches.

*My hair will mat in a heartbeat when I stretch too long. I've never seen anything like it.

*It lightens up when I'm in the sun. It did the same thing when I was natural too. (I thought it was the relaxer making my hair brown)

*When I stress out my temples are as good as gone.

*I have to add protein weekly/biweekly. If I don't my hair doesn't like me.

*It used to love color, now it hates it with a passion.

Iluvsmahgrass, we must be sistas from anotha motha! Seriously, my hair WANTS to be locks so badly! A week after a relaxer, I can wash it and it already starts to clump together! It's sooooo dry that it needs to constantly be moisturized, but the only moisturizers that work CAUSE IT TO DREAD!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wallbash:

that I also have soft 3b/c loose wavy hair at the nape(which doesnot need a relaxer)... 4a on the sides and front hairline... and then I have 4z highly textured coils w/much shrinkage in the crown area.. It is very challenging trying to maintain moisture in the crown area. Now that I am stretching 6 months at a time... You can run your hand throughout my head and feel all three different textures:ohwell: :lachen:

Last edited:
It's longer on the left side that on the right;:spinning:

It's a fine texture in the front- thicker, wavier in the back;

Grows faster in the back than in the front;:spinning:

Stays straight for a long time after a relaxer, then gets really kinky all of a sudden;:perplexed

Grows out nicely, then starts to break off for what seems like no reason ( I haven't made any changes to my routine).:sad:

I was working on APL (almost there) and pops & breaks start. This has me thinking about cutting my hair off & starting again...:nono:

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It's longer on the left side that on the right;:spinning:

It's a fine texture in the front- thicker, wavier in the back;

Grows faster in the back than in the front;:spinning:

Stays straight for a long time after a relaxer, then gets really kinky all of a sudden;:perplexed

Grows out nicely, then starts to break off for what seems like no reason ( I haven't made any changes to my routine).:sad:

I was working on APL (almost there) and pops & breaks start. This has me thinking about cutting my hair off & starting again...:nono:

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

@the bolded.. same here and I have to keep trimming it so it won't look so warped since the rest of my hair hasn't caught up with the back:nono:

My 2 blonde birthmarks. My little cousin has them too...in the exact same spots. My mom said when I was a baby people used to mug her cuz they thought she dyed my hair:lachen:

when I put on straightening creams and serums it decides to go straight
whne i put on curl creams and gel it decides to go straight

I thought I was the only one suffering from different textures. The perimeter of my hair grows wavy, really doesnt need to be relaxed. However the crown is like a birds nest. It is so dry and tangly and keeps breaking. I really don't know what texture any of my hair is anymore b/c the front grows straight but so does the crown it's just alot coarser and wiry. I dont know...its just way to dry.

My hair grows faster at the crown than the back, so right now the top part of my hair is longer than the back. If it were reversed, I would probably be APL by now:wallbash: I guess I'm APL on top:perplexed

My hair grows faster at the crown than the back, so right now the top part of my hair is longer than the back. If it were reversed, I would probably be APL by now:wallbash: I guess I'm APL on top:perplexed
:lachen:I'm sorry i don't meant to laugh. It just came off as funny. I can totally understand the growth frustration :yep:

Girl it's all good:yep: This is still pretty new to me, so when I look at all these beautiful heads of hair on the board and then look at my "APL" growing hair on top, I'm like wth?

People always complain about their nape hair breaking. My nape is mostly thick coarse teeny tiny spirals (is this 4a?:perplexed). its very strong and straigthens well and is very silky and never ever breaks.

But then right above that is thin brittle super nappy patch that always breaks and never gets straight when relaxed. So i end up with this tail/mullet thing going on all the time bc the nape grows so fast while the area above it is breaking off. :ohwell: it shows bad bc my hair is short and layered. hopefully when i grow it out it won't be so obvious.

and i have two red streaks in the front on each side near the temples. my mother and her brother have the same thing.

bwoy someof theses stories are sure funny, I've never heard of APL GOWING ON TOP. I swear being on thos board sure does release some of my stress. ANYWAY, whats weird about my hair.

Mostly the same like many of u ladies, my crown grows faster than anywhere else
My temples are truly stubborn and craves moisture
When i stretch for long say 3-4mths my scalp sucks oil like a vaccum
My bang loves TLC and extra special attention and it can definately relate to being drier than the sahara desert.
My nape gets stubborn after a long stretch.

The texture changes considerably about every seven (7) years or so. It's not due to products. May be due to hormones.

It tangles at the root, in the middle and at the very ends.

the very very very front of my hair in a small 1/2 wide 1 inch long patch has 4a hair, it drives me nuts, because when all my other hairs are smooth (esp when doing a ponytail) the very front will puff up or get lil hairs that pop up, its long enough now that i usually just tuck that portain behind my ears when wearing a wash a go, because of how different it behaves.

The first few inches of my hair is all love...nice little wavvies and curlies :)However, the last 5 inches of my hair is completely bone straight. No matter what I do, I cannot get those two textures to blend:wallbash:

My hair doesn't like any type of protein

My hair doesn't like oils

There's a palm sized dry spot on my crown, no matter what I do, it doesn't go away

If I go swimming a bunch of days in a row, my hair will naturally get purple highlights :confused: My hair isn't dyed or anything, so I don't know what it is that causes the purple color. But it sure does look pretty :grin:

Where shall i begin!! My hair is sooo freakin weird!

1) the first in is bone straight
2) my hair is naturally oily, I do not add oil or else i shall be one shiny monkey!
3) I think my hair likes protein better than moisture
4) The front is 3b the middle is 4a and the rest is 3c
5) the longer it gets, the more it wants to flip up when flat ironed
6) i only have volume in the middle of my head
7) theres a weird patch of hair in the back that grows almost 1in past the nape, in a v-shape and its getting longer (i'm changing into a werewolf lol)

Last edited:
Back