What I haven't seen...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
What I haven\'t seen...

I just realized that I haven't seen any hair breakage in a long time. I have seen hairs that have shed (long hairs) from time to time, but not any broken hairs (short hairs). This is a good thing. I don't know when the change happened, but it must mean that I'm doing something right--even with all of my PJness.

I think the no/minimal heat regimen is a big plus and a big factor. I think that quality products comes secondary to that. Actually, I would even put gentle handling of the hair before the products. Protective styles help too--but mainly because they keep the hair in one position all day and therefore there aren't any tangles.

How's your hair?

Re: What I haven\'t seen...

You have completely just read my mind. I've been noticing the same thing too SG. It's since I've put the heat down, which I think is the major factor. And I agree secondarily, it's the high quality products I've been using consistently. It sure feels good
grin.gif

I'm having a lot more fun with my hair now! I haven't seen breakage in a long time either and I believe it's from using moisturizers every night and making sure I wear a satin scarf to bed. I also take my time while combing my hair making sure I comb my sensitive nape area by itself. I'm excited to see my how my hair will respond now that I have a routine down; and since using the Neurtogena I can finally stop using the hair drier (it's been the only line that leaves my air-dried hair soft and not a hot mess-I didn't even have to flat iron my hair afterwards).

My hair is pretty healthy to say it is relaxed...I too haven't noticed any breakage since I stopped blowdrying my hair back in 1995....Keep up the good work, SuperGirl....I also noticed that my hair does not shed as much now that I am using Phytorelaxer....

SherryLove,

Please don't tempt the people on the challenge! I am glad that the Phytorelaxer is working for you.

I haven't had any breakage or shedding since January.
smile.gif
The only heat I use is my soft bonnet dryer for my pre-shampoo treatments.

Sherrylove,

You are making that Phytorelaxer sound gooder and gooder
laugh.gif

I can't say the same. I think I am still having seasonal shedding. I've recently starting using ElastaPQ Creme Shampoo and Motions Oil Moisturizing Conditioner, which has tremendously reduced the shedding.

She sure is!! Unfortunately I'm still shedding (I thought this was normal) I still experience breakage from time to time as well because my hair is fine.

Cleo,

Maybe we can put that relaxer on our wish list for July 1st because I am tired of shedding.

No breakage AT ALL since I've been natural I think it's due to the fact that I don't use any heat on my hair at all. If I want the blowout (as in afro blowout) look, I just comb my hair with the K-cutter while damp and it dries stretched out!
smile.gif

My hair hasn't been breaking since I stopped using heat last summer. I love it!
clap.gif

The only exception, which I've nipped in the bud, was my nape area breaking. Now I know it was because of how I tied my satin scarf down tightly in the same spot.

Well, my hair is still suffering the ill effects of being overlapped in November. I swear I'd be at bra-strap in about 2 months if it hadn't been for that stylist. (I'm petite, and now that I'm actually taking care of my hair I notice it grows at a decent rate).
I just trimmed about an inch 2 days ago in hopes of stopping the breakage. We will see.
I'm optimistic though because I have a really great regimen planned and my hair grows well. Perhaps by Jan 1st 2005. We shall see.
Happy growing everyone!

I still get a little breakage here and there but I know the reasons are the transitioning and the transitioning from a "bad" relaxer experience. I am content with the small level of breakage that I do get.

I am combatting dryness presently though.
perplexed.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
No breakage AT ALL since I've been natural I think it's due to the fact that I don't use any heat on my hair at all. If I want the blowout (as in afro blowout) look, I just comb my hair with the K-cutter while damp and it dries stretched out!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

same here
smile.gif
I havent noticed any breakage at all. im self challenging no heat for one year.... 1 month down 11 more to go
grin.gif

None here either. I've finally figured out my protein moisture balance. Gentle handing is definitely part of the puzzle too. Other than that, I just leave my hair alone.

Hi I'm new here. I'm thinking about going natural and would like to know what the k kutter is and where I can get it.
smile.gif

me neither...oh wait...i saw too little light brown strands the other day...but other than that i see bulbs on all the strands ( i try to check em all!)

My hair hasnt been breaking much since Oct 2003. But just recently, I experienced some breakage with a braidout...not doing that style again!

I haven't used heat in a long time but I do experience breakage periodically but I believe I'm just being too rough with my hair.

i only break when im too stubborn to get a trim. i should trimmed before i went into braids. when i came out, my ends needed some help.
but im all good now.

I'm trying to wean myself from the heat (blow dryer and flat iron once every 7-10 days), but I think I get less breakage this way as opposed to air drying completely.
I've been diligent when it comes to protecting it with the heat and I baby it with lots of moisturizing treatments.
I'd like to try some surge again. It was just the protein boost I needed. I can definitely tell the difference in the softness of the new growth too.

I think I'm @ an all time low, but I'm obsessive when it comes to checking for broken hairs. Everytime I put oils in I check my palms.
nono.gif
laugh.gif
I use it as my washing barometer. If I see 4-6 broken hairs, it's crying for a rinse and moisture, and it gets it! No matter what I always see at least one between washes and I find more in my comb on wash day.
ohwell.gif
(Glad to know I'm not the only one analyzing each fallen hair!
tongue.gif
)

The more moisturized they are the less breakage I see and aloe vera gel is keeping me moist.
smile.gif
I also know that I need to take 1" off my ends, due to previous heat over exposure. I'm sure being w/o heat is saving my ends right now!

That sounds good to me MissB! Wait, I just realized that I'm due for my next retouch June 13
ohwell.gif
...Can we make an exception?
smirk.gif

I'm still get a little bit of breakage....mostly caused from my hair knotting up. I learned that I'm never going shampoo my hair all out again, from now on I'm doing it in sections....last weekend was one big tangle...
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
axon12 said:
Hi I'm new here. I'm thinking about going natural and would like to know what the k kutter is and where I can get it.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The K-Cutter is a comb, with metal widely spaced teeth. I got mine from an Asian owned beauty supply. Click on the link for a Picture

Back