What happened to the Off Topic Forum?

frostydoll

Pixel Lady said:
SINGS: We're gonna have a wedding, we're gonna have a wedding :D

I hope it works out for the two of you. I'll be praying for both of you!

Awww thank you! I'm scared of marriage too. I don't want to get married any time soon. We both of us grew up with parents in dysfunctional marriages. My parents are still together and so are his but shouldn't be well mine shouldn't be lol.

There will be meeting the parents going on though. My family should be coming to visit sometime next month so he'll get to meet the whole gang minus my 21 year old sister (mom, dad, 5 of my younger sisters and my 2 younger brothers) Hopefully they make it down here, my mom is a lot of talk sometimes. If not we're going to plan a trip for him to come home with me. And we talked about me going to Chicago during Christmas Break. I'm from Detroit so I can just hop on the train after Christmas and spend New Year's there. This is all tentative obviously but I would really like to meet his mom, she sounds like the sweetest lady. His face just lights up when she calls and he talks about her it's so cute.

PinkPeony

Pixel Lady said:
:eek: :eek: YOU'RE MARRIED??!! *DEAD*

Ah man, well a mom can hope :(
Awww you're to sweet

You don't want me as a DIL,trust me:( ..my MIL thinks I'm the DEBIL:perplexed
Actually my siggy pic was taken on my wedding day... :)

PinkPeony

Pixel Lady said:
Chile, I can NOT see a picture!

I've always said he has an old soul...he is wise and mature way past his years. Always has been, he is my only child like that. Thanks for the comp!

OOOOPS just noticed:lol:

Whipz that sounds great!

frostydoll

ella said:
Awww you're to sweet

Awww:(

How long have you been married? How old are you if you don't mind me asking? You have such a young face. I'm 23 (I'll be 24 on my birthday) and no one ever believes me.

PinkPeony

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Awww thank you! I'm scared of marriage too. I don't want to get married any time soon. We both of us grew up with parents in dysfunctional marriages. My parents are still together and so are his but shouldn't be well mine shouldn't be lol.

There will be meeting the parents going on though. My family should be coming to visit sometime next month so he'll get to meet the whole gang minus my 21 year old sister (mom, dad, 5 of my younger sisters and my 2 younger brothers) Hopefully they make it down here, my mom is a lot of talk sometimes. If not we're going to plan a trip for him to come home with me. And we talked about me going to Chicago during Christmas Break. I'm from Detroit so I can just hop on the train after Christmas and spend New Year's there. This is all tentative obviously but I would really like to meet his mom, she sounds like the sweetest lady. His face just lights up when she calls and he talks about her it's so cute.

Awww Umblessed that's so sweet.
How many siblings do you have?
I always wanted a big family!

*Michelle*

ella said:
Awww you're to sweet

Trust me, I would love you like my own! I'm going to LOVE my DIL's, I want my sons to be happy and I want to spend LOTS of time with my grandchildren while being cognizant of their mom and dad. They would have to be abusive to my kid for me not to love them. My motto is stay out of it, treat them kind and loving and then I will be able to enjoy my kids and their families for a VERY long time! If I'm nice to her my sons won't have to argue about where they are going for the holidays ;) I hope to get at least every other year and thats not too much to ask!

WhipEffectz1

ella said:
OOOOPS just noticed:lol:

Whipz that sounds great!

Hot damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I want your brother!!!!! All my men have looked like him up until now!!!!! Geez, I would love to procreate with him!!!:rolleyes:

frostydoll

ella said:
Awww Umblessed that's so sweet.
How many siblings do you have?
I always wanted a big family!

I have 8 siblings that I was raised with, 6 younger sisters and 2 younger brothers. Only children always say that. When I was younger I would tell people they could have one for free but not the boys lol. Ages range from 24 (soon to be) to 9 (soon to be). They used to drive me crazy when I lived at home.

PinkPeony

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Awww:(

How long have you been married? How old are you if you don't mind me asking? You have such a young face. I'm 23 (I'll be 24 on my birthday) and no one ever believes me.
I'm 24.. if you tell me I look younger I will lub ya forever.
people told me I look like thirty... maybe I dress to conservative ladely:confused:
I married last year in january.
She did a total 180 on me,we were the best friends and all over sudden I'm manipulating her son and so on...:confused:
Yeah that's why I moved to HIS country and not the other way around:ohwell:

What really bugs me is that she isn't straight-forward but acts sweet as a pie
Honestly I think she has some issues:look:

*Michelle*

awwww He's a nice looking young man! I hope he finds a young lady that loves him to death (not in the crazy way) and treats him with the deepest respect!

And I aint mad about the skin color...I like dark men myself. UMM MMM UM...or how ever you say it.

frostydoll

WhipEffectz1 said:
Hot damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I want your brother!!!!! All my men have looked like him up until now!!!!! Geez, I would love to procreate with him!!!:rolleyes:

Girl you are mess! You know you'll probably end up marrying your current SO because he's not your norm right?

*Michelle*

ella said:
I'm 24.. if you tell me I look younger I will lub ya forever.
people told me I look like thirty... maybe I dress to conservative ladely:confused:
I married last year in january.
She did a total 180 on me,we were the best friends and all over sudden I'm manipulating her son and so on...:confused:
Yeah that's why I moved to HIS country and not the other way around:ohwell:

What really bugs me is that she isn't straight-forward but acts sweet as a pie
Honestly I think she has some issues:look:

:eek: :eek: Somebody was HELLA trippin'! I thought you were about 21-22, honestly.

WhipEffectz1

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Girl you are mess! You know you'll probably end up marrying your current SO because he's not your norm right?

Yeah, he's not. I should post a pic of him right alongside how my other men usually look!:lol:

frostydoll

Pixel Lady said:
Trust me, I would love you like my own! I'm going to LOVE my DIL's, I want my sons to be happy and I want to spend LOTS of time with my grandchildren while being cognizant of their mom and dad. They would have to be abusive to my kid for me not to love them. My motto is stay out of it, treat them kind and loving and then I will be able to enjoy my kids and their families for a VERY long time! If I'm nice to her my sons won't have to argue about where they are going for the holidays ;) I hope to get at least every other year and thats not too much to ask!

Ummm can you be my Future MIL :lol:. My ex's mom stayed out of our relationship I think but I just didn't feel comfortable around her or her family. I felt my family was much more warm to him than his was to me. It could've been my shyness but I definitely didn't feel welcome. I remember telling my mom after I broke up with him that a part of my decision for us not to get back together was his family. I just never felt comfortable and I knew our families wouldn't mesh. I want to be close to my future DH's family.

I've met my sweetie's half sister who lives down here, one of his cousin's and his godbrother and so far so good. I'm even comfortable around his friends surprisingly. Maybe it's because I'm learning to come out of my shell.

PinkPeony

Pixel Lady said:

That's my mom to a T.
She totally stays out of everything we do and keeps telling me that marriage is new to both of us and WE need to work the problems out with each other.
My mom never said a word about me moving to the states even tough I know it broke her heart but my MIL acts like I killed her son because we want o move 3 hours away from them... chile you will see your grandkids every month,my mom will see them every few years... :perplexed

Whipz he is not my real brother.he's the brother of mt BFF and I saw him growing up.
I know that women go nuts over him but to me he is still my little baby.I don't even know how old he is.. to me he is still 13 or so:look:

Blessed people tell me that all the time but i still would have loved an older brother or younger sister.
I think both have their disadvantages and benefits.

Ohhh and I got yahoo msgr

frostydoll

Pixel Lady said:
awwww He's a nice looking young man! I hope he finds a young lady that loves him to death (not in the crazy way) and treats him with the deepest respect!

And I aint mad about the skin color...I like dark men myself. UMM MMM UM...or how ever you say it.

I LOVE chocolate men!!! Does something to me? Yet my sweetie is caramel I think it's his locs that won me over and that midwest swagger.

frostydoll

ella said:
Blessed people tell me that all the time but i still would have loved an older brother or younger sister.
I think both have their disadvantages and benefits.

Ohhh and I got yahoo msgr

Yeah I HATE being the oldest sometimes. It's like I'm the second mom and sometimes they resent me because they're always being compared to me. I told my fam to stop doing that because then they all gang up on me later.

*Michelle*

WhipEffectz1 said:
Okay, let me go search my database!

LOL...ok!

Ella, I'm glad to hear about your mom, I think she is doing the right thing! I'm sorry you are going through these changes though. I hope you and hubby stay near and dear to each other!

Blessed...your smart! I hate to say it but when you get married, you do need to take a GOOD look at his family and their values.

*Michelle*

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
I LOVE chocolate men!!! Does something to me? Yet my sweetie is caramel I think it's his locs that won me over and that midwest swagger.

Yes, yes, yes...me too! Midwest swagger...would that be like Nelly! I do NOT know why but something about him...shhhhhh don't tell anybody. Notice my location says Nellyville...girl I'm in CA :lachen:

PinkPeony

Pixel Lady said:

I hope so too he is such a sweet heart and sooo kind.

LOL:lol:

pixel Lady said:
:eek: :eek: Somebody was HELLA trippin'! I thought you were about 21-22, honestly.
THANK YOU!:D
And Blessed you too!
Are you from Cali by any chance?

Whipz yeah bring out the pics...
I just have yahoo and no AIM btw:)

*Michelle*

UMBlessedBeauty_1 said:
Yeah I HATE being the oldest sometimes. It's like I'm the second mom and sometimes they resent me because they're always being compared to me. I told my fam to stop doing that because then they all gang up on me later.

Yep, I'm the oldest too. I don't compare my kids, cuz I know...

*Michelle*

ella said:
I hope so too he is such a sweet heart and sooo kind.

LOL:lol:

THANK YOU!:D
And Blessed you too!
Are you from Cali by any chance?

Whipz yeah bring out the pics...
I just have yahoo and no AIM btw:)

Hmmm what gave it away....hella? LOL Yep I'm from Cali!