what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

Day 3- I know this seems backwards, but I need a logo for this product by tomorrow. Please help?!?! Any suggestions....comments ... Created logo (lol) would be really appreciated!!! Yikes ... So many things on my to do list :-/

CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without Heat- http://youtu.be/74NvbIRKNVw

Day 3- I know this seems backwards, but I need a logo for this product by tomorrow. Please help?!?! Any suggestions....comments ... Created logo (lol) would be really appreciated!!! Yikes ... So many things on my to do list :-/ CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without Heat- http://youtu.be/74NvbIRKNVw[/QUOTE

Check out elance.com. Lot's of freelance graph designers that can give you a good deal with a short suspense project.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Calling all INTERNATIONAL CWK Girls.... I have been trying to add the option to ship overseas for the last hour but the problem is... rewards cannot be changed once there are backers in that reward amount :-( However, I was able to add a reward package just for you! I went with the ALL STAR Set for you and I figured this would satisfy more people. I added a package for long hair and medium hair. The package is the $50 package with $5 shipping. Thanks a million for your support.

CWK Straight Plates-Straighten Hair without Heat https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

Hmmm, it looks like it's the DIVA PACK that's international, not the ALL STAR.

Check out fiverr.com, they have some really amazing artists and some even offer 24 hr or same day turn around for a little extra. Good luck.

The CWK plates are currently being discussed on lipstick alley. There is an active thread discussing going on right now, hopefully it results in more donations being made

The CWK plates are currently being discussed on lipstick alley. There is an active thread discussing going on right now, hopefully it results in more donations being made
Just checked that thread and unfortunately they are catching something I suggested in another thread to knbradley. They mention that it's only with heat. They don't know that you don't have to use heat as she cut out that part of the video of hair being air dried. I suggested that part be placed back in. It's a shame as some sales will be lost because of this because people don't know that you can do it both ways (with or without heat) and the skimmers who don't read will just think it's with "low" heat of a hooded dryer when that is not the case. They also don't know how long it lasts without heat.

I still hope that thread helps her but that is a valid concern if you don't want to use heat at all. We know from her previous video on here that you can use heat or no heat but it's not in the kickstarter video. I hope people still come out to support but that is definitely something that needs explanation for a bigger audience at least later.

I realize she will get to her goal probably either way but I was hoping she'd exceed it above and beyond. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and rooting for that. Something like shark tank wants to see high pre order sales and I think she easily could do it if she does everything necessary marketing wise. She may not even need a show like that if she runs with it correctly.

Last edited:
I'm surprised that it's not obvious to people that you don't need heat. :drunk:

Since it seems to be an issue though, I think it would be a good idea to clear that up.

I'm surprised that it's not obvious to people that you don't need heat. :perplexed:

Since it seems to be an issue though, I think it would be a good idea to clear that up.

People need to be told evvvvvvrrrthang:lachen:

I'm not sure how unless she re edits or adds a little quick note at the end. She can download another video even after the kickstarter is already in motion and a few quick words typed saying "CWK can be used without heat too, that the hooded dryer was used to speed up the results" would suffice

I will check it out later today. I am international, but have a US mailbox so I will use that if I can.

luckiestdestiny

:lol::lol: Seriouslyyyyy! I was a bit peeved when i looked at lipstick alley too.

I also think people need to understand that this isn't a styling tool like curl formers--it's a stretching tool. A lot of the lipstick alley ladies (not all of them, just most) want to just slap on plates, comb their hair and walk out of the house looking fierce.

I'm not hating on those ladies or anyone who agrees with them. I respect their decision to wait until the product launches, but that's just the vibe I got from that thread.

I love how knbradley made a note in her video that kinky hair types will have blow dried results. I think that is very realistic. It's a shame some people don't take the time to read and do research before developing an opinion.

ANYWAY, on a more positive note I changed my pledge from $45 to $60 because of the CWK stretching LHCF challenge. I want to make sure I have enough plates because I would be devastated if I could not participate because I was short some. :grin:

Last edited:
Hey knbradley - I want this project to succeed so bad as it will do the community a lot of good. I'm not gonna lie, I'm skeptical it will work for my super kinky 4z hair and I'm almost tempted to wait till after the launch to plunge... BUT I'll pledge anyway before the end of the month..

+ your name is Kelechi and you are my Igbo sister so yea... lol... Supported... I can't wait to review it after I get my hands on it.
I sincerly doubt my hair would lay that flat with that little tension. I feel Luke I would get straightish roots wavy hair and bushy ends
It depends on what you mean by "work". OF course the plates will work on 4c hair; but the degree of stretch or "straightness" will depend on how tightly curled your hair is. She said 4b/c's should expect blowout results. That's a believable and achievable end result.

Just checked that thread and unfortunately they are catching something I suggested in another thread to knbradley. They mention that it's only with heat. They don't know that you don't have to use heat as she cut out that part of the video of hair being air dried.
Well the ladies over here are being very positive; and she has a lot of support coming her way from lhcf. So I would focus on the positive. I'm not worried about LSA. The video seemed to be a no brainer as far as heat is concerned. You can link them to the first CWK video in the meantime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhg...ature=youtu.be . But, I checked Kickstarter, and she can adjust the video if she wants to. Here's a snippet of their FAQ:

Can a project be edited after launching?

Yes! Project creators can edit any of the following, even after launching their project.

— Project description
Project video and image
— New rewards, or rewards without backers
— Project FAQs
— Kickstarter profile bio

^^I hope when this thing blows up she hires you as her vp girl.....your all up in these threads dropping knowledge and answering questions :)
Eta:and luckiedestiny.....yall go hard

Last edited:
It depends on what you mean by "work". OF course the plates will work on 4c hair; but the degree of stretch or "straightness" will depend on how tightly curled your hair is. She said 4b/c's should expect blowout results. That's a believable and achievable end result.

Well the ladies over here are being very positive; and she has a lot of support coming her way from lhcf. So I would focus on the positive. I'm not worried about LSA. The video seemed to be a no brainer as far as heat is concerned. You can link them to the first CWK video in the meantime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhg...ature=youtu.be . But, I checked Kickstarter, and she can adjust the video if she wants to. Here's a snippet of their FAQ:

Can a project be edited after launching?

Yes! Project creators can edit any of the following, even after launching their project.

— Project description
Project video and image
— New rewards, or rewards without backers
— Project FAQs
— Kickstarter profile bio

Oh yes I know as I have had campaigns on kickstarter before. I mentioned that earlier ( that she can edit her video) in the next post #161 and even a suggestion of how. It needn't be long or drawn out. If she can edit... Ihope she does. I know she will make a lot but I don't want her to lose any sales lol which is why I suggested that edit just to tweak things (if possible) so she can capture everyone including those who may be unsure about the heat thing.

Last edited:
I'M assuming you can use a comb as well. I don't do brushes on my length or on wet hair. Your not suppose to do wet hair anyway

I'M assuming you can use a comb as well. I don't do brushes on my length or on wet hair. Your not suppose to do wet hair anyway

You can use whatever you want. I will not be using combs or brushes. My fingers are my only styling tool and they do an excellent job.

I hope to see results from type 4 hair before I order
There are results from a type 4 model in the video. I don't think she is doing anyone else-- so I choose to be satisfied with that. If she attempts to satisfy every request, this project will never get off the ground.

Last edited:
You can use whatever you want. I will not be using combs or brushes. My fingers are my only styling tool and they do an excellent job.

Even better! I was thinking to use my hands as well. As long it is wet or damp your hair stretches better. Thanks I'M glad I wasn't the only one thinking of hands as well virtuenow

There are results from a type 4 model in the video. I don't think she is doing anyone else-- so I choose to be satisfied with that. If she attempts to satisfy every request, this project will never get off the ground.

virtuenow I saw the video and I saw type 4 hair and I wasn't making requests for the owner. I was talking about the ladies who already ordered and I wanted to see their results. I want to see the average consumer results

I haven't decided which package I am doing. I guess I need to measure my hair. But I am in!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I'm surprised that it's not obvious to people that you don't need heat. :drunk:

I'm not sure how unless she re edits or adds a little quick note at the end. She can download another video even after the kickstarter is already in motion and a few quick words typed saying "CWK can be used without heat too, that the hooded dryer was used to speed up the results" would suffice

People will go with what they want to read/hear. She clearly says in the video that she's putting the model under the dryer "to expedite the process."

Last edited:
Hey... I don't think my question was ever answered knbradley

Beamodel

Hey Lady, I am getting the plates for the same reason as you...just to stretch my roots. The package I ordered was: PJ long hair pack: 24 medium plates and 12 small plates for $25

I figured 24 medium plates would be more than enough for my hair all around. I'm basing this on the fact that I normally use about 20 rollers when I roller set so if would probably work out good.

The 12 small plates that comes with the package are a bonus! Seem like they may work even better to catch the shorter hair around the front hairline or for natural layers that may be shorter in the crown.

If you think you need more than the next pack up may work well too. I think it's called the Diva Pack.

HTH

lulu97

Thank you. That's the exact one I went on and purchased. Thanks for your input. I think that should be enough for new growth too :)

Back