what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

luckiestdestiny

Someone brought up in another thread how we are planning to use our straight plates. I think it was virtuenow. Either way what are your plans ladies? Mine is more stretched out and twist outs/buns with occasionally straight. What about you?

luckiestdestiny

Just checked. She's already at 15% on the first day! 85% to go to get the plates. Not too shabby. Hope she gets a feature on a blog. I think it's so innovative she deserves it.

Soratachi

@knbradley
I want to pay at least $5 for the thank you email, but I'm oversea.

Edit: Found the option to donate without rewards:grin:

You could put options that covers overseas shipping. I could spend more and do a review on my 4c hair.
I'll post this on BHM.

Last edited:

nlamr2013

I'm wondering about the business aspects of the CWK and am wondering if the "kink" can be straightened out via a small business loan of some sort. I don't see much value in donating 1,000 dollars and getting lunch with the founder and mention of my business via an insert. If the owner is reading this, why not a stock option?

Other than that, I'd love to have the product.

Yes that would definitely attract larger investors. Especially if you show the lengths of these threads.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Just ordered the diva pack for medium hair...can't wait to use these on myself and my girls especially. May have to go back and order another one because my babies have thick hair.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I just got the Diva pack for long hair. I got them because I stretch my relaxers and hope that this will aid in helping my stretches be easier.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Someone brought up in another thread how we are planning to use our straight plates. I think it was virtuenow. Either way what are your plans ladies? Mine is more stretched out and twist outs/buns with occasionally straight. What about you?

I'm just looking to stretch out my roots between touch ups because my natural hair is tightly coiled which is prone to ssk's and tangles.

CaraWalker

im just looking for some way to groom my hair after shampooing. the longer i wear my natural hair out the more i dont particularly care what it looks like (im pretty happy with a raggedy ponytail because i like the way my hair feels and i have peace of mind knowing im not damaging my hair). so this could be a way for me to style my hair generally in a more put together way between washes.

luckiestdestiny

I want to see rhis on kinkier hair like 4b or c

You might have to wait till they get in stores for that (and hope it won't be a long wait) or else pre order and come back and show us. The campaign has already launched. At least she has a type 4 covered in addition to a 3 that's more than most places touting products for natural hair. That way you can estimate. Usually they (the hair industry) use a type 3 model for products for kinky hair, so I was glad she included another hair type that is kinkier.

knbradley

knbradley

knbradley

It has been about an hour since the KS launched. She's already raised $335. I'm assuming that most of the people are from LHCF. If so, which packages are you buying? I went through the video again and I'm still undecided as to which one to get for my (just grazing) SL hair. I'd hate to end up with too little or too many of the wrong sizes!

Good morning! Yes the campaign is off to a GREAT start. It's day one and we are almost at $1500! The sizes that are being bought varies. What is you hair length? I can try to offer suggestions.

Please find my "CWK Girls" group on Facebook to keep up with this 30 day journey

CWK Straight Plates-Straighten Hair without Heat https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

knbradley

Does anyone know if she's willing to ship internationally? On Kickstarter it only mentions the US. :ohwell:

Yikes.... I didn't realize that it wasn't an option. I will look on kickstarter today to see if I can add it. My only concern would be the shipping cost. Where do you live? I think one other reader is just having hers shipped to a family/friend and having them shipped to her. Do you have family in the US?

Please find my "CWK Girls" group on Facebook to keep up with this 30 day journey

CWK Straight Plates-Straighten Hair without Heat https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1855194586/cwk-straight-plates-straighten-hair-without-heat

knbradley

I just pm'd her. Hope she's not overloaded with pms:lol:. Let's hope she changes that because it should be simple to do it, but I'm sure there will be an extra shipping charge...unless there's a reason I don't know about (as to why it can't be shipped). Fingers crossed for you.

Yeah I am worried about the shopping price but I am looking into it :) thanks friend!

knbradley

We want to keep it all one place. Last time she had threads poof because of too many threads about the same subject. I also saw another thread started about it too so I'm thinking this is enough. plus she has her own in the vendor forum.

Yes ma'am, boy did I learn my lesson... Lol! I am only commenting on threads that others start. If you all start threads or start challenges about the plates and mention me ... I will comment on the post. Other than that I am sticking to this thread ... Lol.

knbradley

30 inches would be WL on most women. my hair is not quite bsl and it measures around 16 inches. im not sure i understand the measurements listed. i would probably need a ton of these things. im glad this is open for a month. im broke :lol:

You are so funny!! I totally understand. I wish kickstarter offers a payment plan :-/ well make sure you get your order in bc it the campaign continues going at this rate we may get the funding for the first production run. This is the most stressful month of my life :) trying to get it in. Have a good day!!!

knbradley

has she mentioned what pricing would look like if she is able to be backed by a manufacturer? also she mentions her production would be done overseas :perplexed who is backing this project? i wish there were more details/i hope it can just be in stores at the end of the day

Yes, I joke with my husband all the time about my Chinese boyfriend, Randy. I met him several months ago and he saw the vision of my project. Trust me I search all over for companies to produce the product in the US but OMG ... It is so expensive.

Here is what I am thinking on sales plan:
-Kickstarter Launch to test the market- first round of production

- internet sales - once all orders are filled and shipped from the first production

Once we launch on the internet I will look into getting in stores, licensing and trying to getting on sharktank :)

knbradley

About to go ahead and grab The Head Turner Pack for Long Hair: 24 Long Plates, 20 Medium Plates, 12 Small Plates. Cost $60 I can't wait to play around with these plates in conjunction with my rollers. They will come just in time for fall/winter roller sets! I'm thinking a mohawk style set...1 plate to stretch my roots and the rest of the hair on a roller. I don't care to use them to straighten my entire head of hair....I'll leave that to my hair stylist and her magic pressing comb. lol Come on lurkers and members...we need to get sister girl off the ground. lol

Yeeeessss.... I love to hear about different ideas on how we can use these plates! I cannot wait to see all of the video tutorials on YouTube :) we are creative girls so the possibilities are endless!!!

knbradley

I wonder can you put them in horizontally. Just a random thought...... even though I know it will get more hair vertically

Horizontal.... Hmmmmm... That's a thought!!! I am sure that it would work. I love hearing the different ideas for how we can use these plates, keep em coming :)

knbradley

I'm wondering about the business aspects of the CWK and am wondering if the "kink" can be straightened out via a small business loan of some sort. I don't see much value in donating 1,000 dollars and getting lunch with the founder and mention of my business via an insert. If the owner is reading this, why not a stock option? Other than that, I'd love to have the product.

Stock options?!?! Wow... Girl, to be honest with you I really haven't thought that big... Lol. I was just trying to get it launched but now that you mentioned it I need to add that to my research list. This project is keeping me busy and I have been so surprised and excited with the response. You will be the first to know if get to the point where I can offer stock options. Thanks for your support.

knbradley

It says the available sizes are: 2X10... 2X6... 2X1 These are inches, right? I think my hair is about 14-16 inches, so that I'd need a 10 and a 6, right? And in the video she says she would need 12-14 longer plates and 12-14 smaller ones for that model. Have I umderstood this correctly? And if so, I'd be covered by the Long Hair All Star Pack?

Yes these dimensions are in inches. With your hair length you should be covered with the All Star Pack. Thank you so much for your support
:)

Amarilles

Yikes.... I didn't realize that it wasn't an option. I will look on kickstarter today to see if I can add it. My only concern would be the shipping cost. Where do you live? I think one other reader is just having hers shipped to a family/friend and having them shipped to her. Do you have family in the US?

Ahh...well okay, I addressed my kit to my address in the states. Pleeease do remember the overseas ladies in the future though! We like hair goodies too! :lol:

knbradley

knbradley -- I'm so excited about these plates! Have you considered looking into finding investors?

Thank you so much!!! I am so excited about these plates that I can barely sleep!!! This project is so exciting and fun to watch! I feel like I have a lot of family cheering for me. I love this site. The support has been so encouraging. I haven't reached out to investors yet. I decided to try kickstarter and test the market first. I might try to get investors later on once I have proof on concept. I will keep you posted. Take care!

knbradley

I too don't see much incentive to donating $1000 and over, offering more packs could've made things more interesting. I now keep flipflopping on whether I should open up the pockets for perks I don't care about or just do what's enough for me based on the amount of plates offered. If international shipping isn't available I'll have my parents mail me the goodies. I'm definitely not missing out on this just for being across the pond! :lol:

Yeah you are probably right. I should have offered more sets for girls to share with their natural friends. I didn't think about it. I am going to see if I have the option to change the reward for the $500/$1000 donors since I don't have any donors in that area yet. I will let you know. I am also looking into the international shipping as well. Take care!