What Happened to the Hype (PHYTO)???

MonaLisa

natalied said:
For those ladies thinking of switching back....

Two of my cousins have been using PHYTO for almost two years. They both said they didn't see a huge improvement in their hair during the first two applications. Though no major problems they weren't overly impressed. But their stylist encouraged them to keep getting. By the 3rd application and now a whole year later they are singing the praises of PHYTO based on the overall health of the hair. That is why I will try it for at least two more applications before I make a final decision.

Thanks for sharing that Natalie...makes the positive phyto (like myself got my phyto hit yesterday) users feel good about their purchase. I will continue to make the investment in my hair.

DahomeyAhosi

I plan to remain faithful to phyto. It costs more but now that I am self-relaxing that is no big deal. This relaxer has definitely been better for my hair than any I can remember. My hair sheds less right after the relaxer and is much shinier and stronger.

sweetpeadst

MonaLisa said:
Thanks for sharing that Natalie...makes the positive phyto (like myself got my phyto hit yesterday) users feel good about their purchase. I will continue to make the investment in my hair.

Now when are you going to update your album??????????

Dubois007

There are also pretty soon new user, like me. I'm going to try Phyto the first week of May. Hope I'll have great reviews to share

Allandra

sweetpeadst said:
Are you using it Allandra???
No. I'm still using my beloved Design Essentials Lye Relaxer. Since this relaxer has been good to me for so long, I decided not to jump on the PHYTO bandwagon.

B

ballet_bun

Has anyone given up the product?
-- I have given it up!

What is your reasoning?
-- barely enough cream to give myself a touch-up, since I've been when stretching out 6 months, the cost and not overly impressed.

Is it really worth the hype??
-- the relaxer, NO! However, the Phytonectar Poo is wonderful!

If not what other product would you use in its place?
-- I now use Organics - by Africa's Best mixed with 1 TBS Sheabutter, and I like it better then Phyto so far. I tried Kid's Organic-by Africa's Best before that and it was okay too (before Kids Organics was the Phyto attempt)

Zuppy

I just had my 4th touch up with Phyto, and I still love it. I can do so much more with my hair without heat because the relaxer leaves my hair so soft and managable. With other relaxers lye or no-lye, my hair was always stiff if I didn't use heat. I'm surprised problems others have had, but like we always say.. what works for one doesn't work for all. I'm just glad it's working for me!! :D

As far as the price! My hair is worth every cent!!

MonaLisa

Zuppy said:
I just had my 4th touch up with Phyto, and I still love it. I can do so much more with my hair without heat because the relaxer leaves my hair so soft and managable. With other relaxers lye or no-lye, my hair was always stiff if I didn't use heat. I'm surprised problems others have had, but like we always say.. what works for one doesn't work for all. I'm just glad it's working for me!! :D

As far as the price! My hair is worth every cent!!

I will co-sign on all of it!!!!!....(and now...be silent again...I no longer contribute to the Phyto hype)

junipertree

ballet_bun said:
Has anyone given up the product?
-- I have given it up!

What is your reasoning?
-- barely enough cream to give myself a touch-up, since I've been when stretching out 6 months, the cost and not overly impressed.

Is it really worth the hype??
-- the relaxer, NO! However, the Phytonectar Poo is wonderful!

If not what other product would you use in its place?
-- I now use Organics - by Africa's Best mixed with 1 TBS Sheabutter, and I like it better then Phyto so far. I tried Kid's Organic-by Africa's Best before that and it was okay too (before Kids Organics was the Phyto attempt)

I agree with the part that there is not enough for one touch up! But I have to say it is worth the extra costs. As Zuppy said it makes my hair more manageable and supple without the use of heat - and I've only had one touchup! I go for round two this week.

SherryLove

well, i began using phytorelaxer back in april of 2004; and i still love it.....it relaxes my hair well while imparting nice body and sheen to it...furthermore, it does not burn my scalp and leave sores....

MissB

I had 2 applications of the Phyto which cost $140.00 at the salon. My hair had more body but it just didn't make since to spend that much money for a relaxer when I didn't see a significant difference in my hair. So, I went back to Affirm. Four (4) affirm touch ups equal two Phyto touch ups.

I can take the other $70 bucks and buy some groceries.

ryanshope

I used Phyto when it was still $45; the day after I used it literally...it went to $60! I was like whoa! So I have been using Mizani Sensitive Scalp and I have no complaints what so ever; phyto is a really good product but I can get 4 applications of Mizani for $40 dollars/versus one application of Phyto $60.

ichephren

asphyxxia said:
It's been mentioned that Phytorelaxer doesn't erode the cuticle. How do you guys know this?

I know b/c I have fine hair and when I put a phytoed against my natural hair,it was the same thickness. Meaning that my cuticle had not been melted away. When I blowdry my hair, it is as big as when I had it natural. Also, I phytoed my hair less than 10 hrs after I washed my hair, and I scratched my scalp and I felt not one tingle. It also gives me really bouncy hair. These are things that I never experienced with lye relaxers.

UmSumayyah

Well I went back to African Pride after Phyto and regretted it. I am trying to decide whether to use Mizani with a little oil or Phyto. Let you all know in 3 months.

Mizani_Mrs

thank you all SO MUCH for being honest about your phyto results. I am a phyto lover deep down (really i am) although i am not using it currently. Okay, long story short...I tried it once (in feb) and I liked it, my hair was soft and still full. but i had after-relaxer breakage. which probably because i let my sister apply it. so i can't really blame the relaxer. As for my opinion, the softness/silkiness just isn't enough to warrant the expensive cost so I wanted to see if anyone has info about it not degrading the quality of the hair. A few of you posted that it doesn't erode the hair's cuticle. this DEFINITELY makes it worth every red cent and I'd jump on the bandwagon forever if I can get proof (just need to wait for Phyto or u guys for more testimonials). I'm just thinking that alot of you guys says you get shine...Is the reason is because the cuticle isn't being eroded, so therefore light is able to reflect off the hair?

Also another issue is that when i wash my hair, like the middle of my strands become poofy and extremely tangled...i believe this is the hair that i relaxed using phyto...i'd hate for all of my hair to be like that. although i do like the idea of having a full thick head of hair....

what's a girl to do??? I love Mizani and I am very happy with the results...but if phyto is proven to not erode the cuticle and be overall healthier after a few uses...then i'm so there!!! :look:

Mizani_Mrs

Ok here's how i justified the price. Usually i'll go to a salon and get my hair relaxed 5xyr $53 plus a $10tip, which equals $315/yr.

Instead I will buy Phyto and start self-relaxing 5x/yr for $60, which equals $300...

lkg4healthyhair said:
I added up the price for me and it comes out pretty much the same:

Affirm is $45 per touchup
I was getting a relaxer every 6 weeks, that's 8 per year = $360 per year

Phyto is $60 per box
I will be getting a relaxer every 12 weeks so that's 4 times a year = $240 PLUS $35 each application =$140 Totaling $380

If I were to split the box per application the price would be half $190 per year, I may try it next time. I just don't trust myself or anyone else to do it accurately.

qtgirl

I'm thinking about switching because of the price. I am a self relaxer and $30 a retouch is a bit much IMO. I've had 4 retouches with Phyto and although I like it a lot, I think that maybe I might switch to Elucence or Profective.

jasmin

Also another issue is that when i wash my hair, like the middle of my strands become poofy and extremely tangled...i believe this is the hair that i relaxed using phyto...i'd hate for all of my hair to be like that. although i do like the idea of having a full thick head of hair....

This is what happened to me after 2-3 weeks. Just not for my hair.

Armyqt

Still using Phyto and will continue to do so. I even turned a friend on to it and she loves her hair.

kitchen_tician

Mizani_Mrs said:

jasmin said:
This is what happened to me after 2-3 weeks. Just not for my hair.

This normally happens to me whenever I use a "No-Lye" relaxer. :ohwell: But it works well for many others.

L

lkg4healthyhair

Mizani_Mrs said:
Ok here's how i justified the price. Usually i'll go to a salon and get my hair relaxed 5xyr $53 plus a $10tip, which equals $315/yr.

Instead I will buy Phyto and start self-relaxing 5x/yr for $60, which equals $300...

If you order from beautyofasite.com. The phyto is $45. This would be even less for you $225.

I wish I could self relax correctly. It would save me so much money.

junipertree

I can't say enough great things about Phyto. Introducing me to Phyto is the best thing that ever came out of joining this forum. Thanks to: sweetpeadst, sherrylove, monalisa, and others!!! I just did my second retouch with it last Thursday and I can see a definite change in my hair texture - more body, less need to use heat (I used to blow dry everyday, now my dominican blow outs last a week without much heat). My hair is at its healthiest. It is worth every penny. I do wish they would put more in the container. My hairdresser literally scrapes the jar to do one touch-up. That means - $60 per package, $50 for hairdresser w/tip (since I can't apply myself). $110 three times a year means $330 a year. I could not see myself doing it any other way.