What Hairstyles Do You Wear That...

Isis

... always turn heads? I understand many of us, like me, are on bun challenges but maybe you have some styles (worn up or down) to share that consistently turn heads and attract compliments. I only have two styles right now that looks good every time. Maybe we can collect some from one another and see if any of them works for us in the same way.

As I’ve mentioned in a previous post or two, when I wear my French Twist (or French Roll), I consistently get looks and stares and compliments from men and women. I’m not exactly sure why but I think it could be because the French Twist always looks like you have a lot more hair up there (even if your hair is shorter). And many times I let a lock hang down on the side in a spiral, mainly so I can enjoy and get a sense of my length while wearing a protective style. It can also look elegant and dressy and if it’s a messy French Twist, it can still look good.

So what hairstyles do you have to share that always looks good and attracts compliments?

Isis

I'm still practicing with the braidouts, haven't mastered it yet. Those updos sound really pretty...

miss_brown

Definitely my twist-outs. Men seem to think it's sexy (especially the bf) and women seem to think it's trendy and unique. In either case, I think that it's low maintenance, no heat, and very cute.

Islandgirl

waves, the hairdresser doesn't use a crimping iron, i think its a wave barrel? i'm not sure, but that hairstyle always turned heads when i wore that when my hair was longer.

Lindy

I'd say when I wear my hair real curly with a headband or with a side part, I get the most compliments...

Ipanema

For some reason I get lots of looks & compliments when I wear 2-stranded twists set on rollers. I don't think they look all that special (and they're much too time-consuming to put in), but other people seem to love the look on me.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
jrw said:
When I wear my hair loose, I also get compliments, especially when it is straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same for me.

Angelicus

I akways get compliments when I wear my hair down in twist-outs (wet two strand braids, air dried, then taken aloose). When I wear it straight (parted down the middle) I am forever asked if I am middle eastern

People also like it when I wear my hair in two long pigtails.

ccd

Asummertyme said " how do you do twist outs"..

YEAHHHHH!!! Peachtree has a beautiful twist out photo in her album!!!!!!( i saw it last night) I was trying to figure out exactly how to connect it back like that....it's like a cornrow but with 2 strands?????

help ladies ...I how do you do a twist out I'd like to try the twist out tooo

Tracy

I've been occasionally wearing my hair in what I call "Boticelli Curls"...

I use solar rollers - about 5 or 6 and wrap large pieces of my hair around the curler and tie it with a satin scarf. In the AM, I take them out and finger comb and then I take a very tiny claw clip (it's no larger than a dime) and pull half my hair up and leave the rest down....I have a bang at the front that is curled from the roller as well. If I don't feel like rolling it I get a similar look by pulling my hair into a bun at the top of my head at night. that gives a looser wave - but still pretty.

It's giving you Brigette Bardot fresh from a little romp in the sack...

Very sexy, carefree and feminine looking.

Isis

I love these styles! Seems like the majority are waves or curls that catch attention...

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
I akways get compliments when I wear my hair down in twist-outs (wet two strand braids, air dried, then taken aloose). When I wear it straight (parted down the middle) I am forever asked if I am middle eastern

People also like it when I wear my hair in two long pigtails.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anky - How thick do you make your two-strand twists? Do you sleep on them while it's airdrying? Any breakage with your twists? Do you retain length with this style or does your hair shrink after it's airdried? Please excuse all of my questions but I've never tried this and I love it on other people!

inthepink

I usually get a compliment when I wear my curly updos. To do those, I do 3 big braids and roll the ends with medium sized perm rods. Take down the next morning and finger separate. Then, twist around once and put on a barrette, banana clip, or butterfly clip. Sometimes I just use a scrunchy.

I've got a few ideas from this board now to add my styles list!