Hairstyles and Earrings

Isis

I admit it, I'm earring challenged :lol:

I love wearing low, braided buns and French Twists and I know I probably need big earrings with them (like hoops) but I don't always wear them. I also love braidouts but don't know what earrings look best with these styles either. Sometimes I'll wear little post earrings with every style, just to wear something in my ears. :look:

If you do wear earrings, pleae list your favorite hairstyle (or styles) and the kind of earrings you wear that look good with it.

Armyqt

I love hoops. Especially with buns. I also like to wear longer drop earrings with other styles.

Ms Lala

I wear hoops 80% of the time , dangles 15% and smaller earrings on special occasions only. I look best w/big earrings, especially when my hair is pulled back. I would wear different styles of earrings if I had them but I'm just not putting money into purchasing jewelry right now. When I do want to switch up I just buy some cheap earrings from Claires or Target to give me a change.

Miss*Tress

Big earrings, hoops, chandeliers, you name it, I've got it - I actually feel undressed without earrings.

However, it's OK if you're not an earring person. It's better to wear none at all than styles that aren't flattering for you. One of my cousins always has her eye makeup done and never or rarely wears earrings. Do what works for you, Isis, and what you like when you look in the mirror.

shunta

trimbride said:
I love Chandelier Earrings. I wear them everyday even though they may not be the most professional.

Yep:yep: these are my absolute favorite. I love, love, love these earrings.:D

keluric

I have just about every style of earring. Hoops look good with puffs but I've worn dangly earrings at night with a nice effect. I like studs for work or interviews or conservative hoops (the small ones) work too. My new favorites are probably the earrings with the filigree work that seem to be popular. I think really big earrings look great with big hair :)

leleepop

I think if you trying to work your way to start with hoops. I wear hoops pretty much with anything. They are kinda like black and khakis.imho Then you can venture to the chandelier,studs,drops,etc. These earrings look great with dresses and up styles or down with casual jeans. I think at the end of the day it all about having fun with fashion.

Last edited:

caribeandiva

Human being
omg i'm an earring junkie. my favorites are hoops, chandeliers and diamond studs. Hoops and chandeliers are for when you wear your long hair down straight or curly. studs are mostly for updoes. you can always change that according to your mood. i can't wait to have long hair so i can look extra good with them.

Isis

Miss*Tress said:
Big earrings, hoops, chandeliers, you name it, I've got it - I actually feel undressed without earrings.

However, it's OK if you're not an earring person. It's better to wear none at all than styles that aren't flattering for you. One of my cousins always has her eye makeup done and never or rarely wears earrings. Do what works for you, Isis, and what you like when you look in the mirror.

Thank you MissTress. I would really love to be an earring person, I'm just starting late. You're right though, I'll certainly do what works for me and looks good on me. :yep:

Isis

Thank you ladies! I love your suggestions!!

Caribeandiva - I have my :eye: on some diamond studs.
Armyqt - I can see from some of the pics on LHCF how hoops work with buns, especially those big ones! I am curious about those long, drop earrings.
JFemme - I'm drawn to silver too. I think I'll definitely start with silver. :yep:
I agree Keluric that big earrings look great on big hair.
Leleepop - so you're saying hoops are good basic, staple earrings. :scratchch
Ms Lala - I didn't even notice Claire's sold earrings. I always walk straight to the hair toys. I'll have to check it out on my next visit.

Last edited:

Isis

trimbride said:
I love Chandelier Earrings. I wear them everyday even though they may not be the most professional.

These are very pretty! From the other posts, it sounds like they should go well with hair worn down.

dimpalz

I try not to be too typical. Like when I first BCed everyone said I needed to wear hoops and I was like "I don't wanna be the girl with the short hair and hoops" cos everyone does that. I think it's best if you try to be a bit different. Those dangly earrings in the pic posted remind me of the ones beyonce is wearing with her (lacefront??? lol) bun at the award show. That brings a more spanish vibe so I guess it depends what you're going for. You can't go wrong with a pair of small drip earrings tho, I love in those cos I'm not going back to hoops until it'll be less expected of me i.e. when my hair gets longer

crlsweetie912

I usually think like this. If my hair is down, I wear smaller earrings if it;s just everyday. Larger earrings/more sparkly for a special event. If i wear my hair up or in a bun, I wear larger/flashier earrings. But I think anything goes. There are no rules, wear whatever you like!

angelita842002

I love big eaarings. hoops, chandeliers, droopy ones. Claires is my fav place to get that fashion jewlery for cheap. Since my hair is always up i wear earings. rare occasion that its down i usually wear smaller earrings but who knows. I use what i want when i feel like i wanna.:)

Radianthealth

You can't tell me nuthin when I am wearing my low side bun with a small flower and my Spanish Flamenco style Chandelier earrings and freshly arched eyebrowns....watch out now...I'm show stoppin!!!:grin:

LovelyZ

I consider myself a jewelry minimalist.

For work I usually wear a pulled back style (bun, ponytail, or claws) with delicate sterling silver hoops.

For weekends, I wear my hair in a pulled back style or rollerset and I wear mid-size silver hoops (large hoops make me look 14!).

For special occasions, I wear classic pearl earrings with a high-neck top or if I am wearing a stand-out necklace and drop earrings for low cut tops and more simple necklaces.

Qetesh

I wear large earrings usually all the time, big hair and big earrings :)

It may be too much but I am used to it, I find that the large chunky type, IE large circular like these-
they tend to look 10 times better when my hair is up in a bun but the chandler type
can be worn with big hair or with my hair up and still look good. Just my opinion

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I feel naked w/o earrings. I usually wear big hoops. I do not like small earrings. I have some huge hoops that I wear w/ my big hair and they look great but I have a hard time turning my head, lol. I will wear just about any earring though, as long as it's big. I think they make the simplest hairstyles more stylish and glamorous.

I've been admiring your earrings in your siggy keluric.

IrisDaVirus

Lately I've been wearing a lot of sterling silver earrings. I usually do studs and hoops and I won't wear earrings bigger than a quarter. Anything else feels too heavy on my ears. I've bought some absolutely gorgeous earrings (mostly sterling silver hoops) from Macy's in the past few months and I get a lot of compliments when I wear them.

Last edited:

Isis

dimpalz said:
I try not to be too typical. Like when I first BCed everyone said I needed to wear hoops and I was like "I don't wanna be the girl with the short hair and hoops" cos everyone does that. I think it's best if you try to be a bit different. Those dangly earrings in the pic posted remind me of the ones beyonce is wearing with her (lacefront??? lol) bun at the award show. That brings a more spanish vibe so I guess it depends what you're going for. You can't go wrong with a pair of small drip earrings tho, I love in those cos I'm not going back to hoops until it'll be less expected of me i.e. when my hair gets longer
Good point! I too like wearing something unique-- not freaky though, just unique and pretty.

Isis

trimbride said:
You can't tell me nuthin when I am wearing my low side bun with a small flower and my Spanish Flamenco style Chandelier earrings and freshly arched eyebrowns....watch out now...I'm show stoppin!!!:grin:

[URL="http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:wV9pWCZnpZgo-M:http://www.3-ibm.com/prom_updos/images/updo/bun%2520with%2520comb.jpg"]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:wV9pWCZnpZgo-M:http://www.3-ibm.com/prom_updos/images/updo/bun%2520with%2520comb.jpg[/URL]
Oh, I can easily imagine this look with those earrings -- I bet you look beautiful and get lots of compliments!
I too love low back and side buns with a small flower (but no earrings:lol: ).

Isis

Qetesh - thank you for your pics and explanations too. Those earrings are pretty! I like your pic in your siggy too!

Pokahantas - I'm picturing myself with big hoops. They do look glamorous on others I've seen on TV.

DTWgrl - Pearl post earrings (if that's what you mean) look classy to me. I bet it looks pretty on you too.

LovelyZ - I see you wear different types of silver earrings for different occasions, including pearl earrings. If large hoops make you look 14, that may come in handy when you're older!

Angelita842002 and Crlsweetie912 - it sounds like wearing what you feel like wearing is working for you! You both mentioned though that you preferred wearing small earrings when your hair is down.

Isis

IrisDaVirus said:
Lately I've been wearing a lot of sterling silver earrings. I usually do studs and hoops and I won't wear earrings bigger than a quarter. Anything else feels too heavy on my ears. I've bought some absolutely gorgeous earrings (mostly sterling silver hoops) from Macy's in the past few months and I get a lot of compliments when I wear them.
I now have sterling silver earrings on my list. :yep: How are the hoops from Macy's, for example, be different than hoops from say, Target if they are both sterling silver?

ChasingBliss

angelita842002 said:
I love big eaarings. hoops, chandeliers, droopy ones. Claires is my fav place to get that fashion jewlery for cheap. Since my hair is always up i wear earings. rare occasion that its down i usually wear smaller earrings but who knows. I use what i want when i feel like i wanna.:)

Claires is my favorite place too along with Icing and Afaze. I have TONS of earings: chandeliers, studs with big crystals and little ones, different colored gems, you name it I have it. I used to wear hoops but I hate them now with a passion, around my way they are so typical... I just got tired of seeing them.