What Hair Style(s) Attract the Most Compliments for You?

I get lots of compliments when I spiral curl or wave my hair. Very few compliments when i wear it straight.

I get the most compliments when I wear my hair down and curly :)
Ponytails and buns never get compliments LOL

I get alot of compliments from different hairstyles but prominently when I do cornrows, flat twists or just after a bantu knots-out(=curly:D ).

Last edited:
i get stares not compliments. trust me, i am not having a pity party over it, it's just the facts.

whether the 'do is up, down, ponytailed, curly or straight, don't matter. it's a very uncomfortable feeling especially if you think it looks good but no one says a word. now that i'm transitioning, it's even worse (yall know the deal with transitioners i'm sure :D).

i always wonder if something's wrong with my hair :( . if it wasn't for my own family (kids, mom, husband God bless 'em) i'd be thinking my hair looked like a HAM 24/7.

Sooooooooo when you guys get those compliments..........soak 'em up like a sponge and ENJOY 'em, it's much better than getting a fisheye.

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Why is that people (men especially) think you're bald-headed or short-haired when your hair's in a bun? I mean you have to have some length and/or fullness to get a decent or nice-looking one anyway!! That being said, no bun compliments for me :( !

When my hair is down with loose spiral curls with slightly bended ends (I call it my imitation doobie since I have no clue as how to make one). I'm getting ready to pick up braid-outs (finally had be a semi-successful one) :) !!

SO TRUE!!! I was thinking that today. I'm on a bunning challenge, so latley I've been looking at other women's(mostly Black) hair buns to get an idea how long their hair is, provided that the bun is real;)

Precious_1 said:
Sylver, you know with hair like that you probably intimidate the hell out of most people especially women you dont know, we all love your hair here, thats probably why its like that. I am just being real, i know if you walked into the room with all that, i would be like d@mmit lets go home, lol :)
Girl, I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard. :lachen:

I usually where buns and ponytails so many dont get to see my hair down that often. I know that when I do get it done many tend to like me wearing the rollersets but, definitely wearing it straight down. It's grown quite a bit over the last seven months and I'll be sure to update my fotki.

Blessings to you all,

I get compliments when my hair is especially full of fluffy, flippy curls...kinda "big" and full of bounce. I also get them when I wear it in a french roll, either smooth and tight or fluffy and loose. My female boss complimented me in my bouffant-"ish" updo. (I don't really back comb it though...just flip it and fluff it so it is kind of high on my head and then pin the bottoms up with those little loose hair clips.)

I have been experimenting with wrapping it some times and wearing it straight. My twenty-something daughters like that look and I was getting more than the usual amount of attention from coworkers. People said it made me look "like a teenager" and that it was "sexy". But I don't really like it straight on me because I have a round face. I think curls look better on me.

Last edited:
Strangely enough I get the most compliments when i have a tara weave (the short short spiky weave). Go figure.:confused:

I really get a lot of attention with my curly wash-n-go. Men holla, some women tend to stare, and WW tend to grab it and play in it.:ohwell:

Softresses

Softresses said:
I really get a lot of attention with my curly wash-n-go. Men holla, some women tend to stare, and WW tend to grab it and play in it.:ohwell:

Softresses

LOL :lachen:

I get the most compliments/attention when I wear a sew-in weave.

i get compliments when i wear my hair slicked back in a bun or ponytail with lots of waves, when i wear twists, cornrows, and especially when i straighten my hair. then i'm told i must be mixed or have indian in my family for my hair to be that long...why can't a black woman just have healthy long hair? she has to be mixed or something...

i notice people love big hair/ alot of hair

i remember when i would get my hair blow dried just for a trim dudes went crazy! - i love ur hair:love: i don't usually do it b/c the attention is unbearable

i get alot of compliments on my braidouts and wash-n-go's
people always ask "is that ur hair?"
i' always like people are gonna be like no way when it's longer:perplexed

So far it seems it's a toss up between my curly interlocks and cornrows. I prefer the cornrows personally.

i have been wearing my hair in spirals since about august so around thanksgiving i did a rollerset with the purple magnetic rollers and wore my hair down for a week. i HATED it but everyone kept complementing me.

its like C'MON NOW me and my mother work on my hair every week putting it in a different spiral style and i get complements when im wearing it down and it looks all raggedy. BLAH

Lately I've gotten lots of compliments when I've worn my big fluffy all over the place braid out. Lots of people noticed how much my hair has grown and how shiny it is.

I also get a lot of compliments when my hair is short (really short about half inch) and spiky and/or purple.

When I wear my hair just out and airdried all curly and wild I get the most compliments.

Back