What exactly does clarifying do for the hair?

Connie

I see this term a lot on haircare products and in this forum. What is a clarifier, what benefit is it for the hair, and do you use it before or after you shampoo. Can you get a shampoo that has a clarifier, or no? Any recommendations? I currently use Suave's Tropical Coconut shampoo and conditioner, and I admit the only time I get a deep conditioning is when I get my retouches (Bad, I know). Any recommendations for deep conditioners, Ladies? I'd love something that gives your hair some volume.

Clarifying removes buildup from the hair. I use a clarifying shampoo first (Nexxus aloe rid is a good one) and follow it with a moistuirzing shampoo, then deep condition. If you don't condition wash frequently, it's best to deep condition at least once per week. Lustrasilk shea butter plus is a good deep conditioner, Sally's has it and it is cheap too. HHG :)

If you're looking for a good, quick, inexpensive deep conditioner, Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Deep Conditioner (3 Minute Masque) is really good. I also like Motions After-Shampoo Moisture Plus Conditioner (says to leave it on for 15 minutes) and Doo Gro Deep Down Intense Penetrating Conditioner.

Back