A Question About Clarifying....

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Hi ladies.....

I use Suave Clarifying shampoo for build up on my hair(very rarely though). Is the clarifying shampoo for buildup on the scalp as well? Would an ACV rinse help the scalp? OR...should I use something like Sulfur 8 Medicated Shampoo for my scalp? :confused:

ChosenByGod told me she'll shampoo her hair and still have a buildup on the scalp. My scalp hasn't really felt clean lately...That got me to thinking. Maybe a clarifier would help but I've never read about it helping with build up on the scalp, just the hair itself.

Any advice?

TIA

~op~

rayne

That's a really good question. Now that you mention it, I don't think clarifiers get my scalp squeaky clean either. The only time I get that feeling is when I use one of those minty type shampoos and even then I have to massage my scalp like crazy and wash it at least 4 times....and it still doesn't feel completely clean.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help :perplexed

JenJen2721

I've been having good results using 1 TBSP of baking soda in 2 cups of warm water....I put it in a spout bottle and apply to my scalp and massage in it very well. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse out. It's definitely a cheap solution.

Tracy

JenJen2721 said:
I've been having good results using 1 TBSP of baking soda in 2 cups of warm water....I put it in a spout bottle and apply to my scalp and massage in it very well. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse out. It's definitely a cheap solution.

I was going to suggest the same (tho tentatively - bc I've never done it myself).

I also suggest maybe just changing the clarifying shampoo as well and focusing it on the scalp. I always use shampoo primarily to clean my scalp, not my hair. I put shampoo in my palms, spread it down my fingers and put my fingers underneath my length to get straight to the scalp......

ACV would work well too though, and so would lemon juice added to your shampoo....

adrienne0914

JenJen2721 said:

this is a good idea. do you use it before, after or instead of the clarifying shampoo?

JenJen2721

Hi Adrienne! :wave:

I use it instead of clarifying shampoo....after I rinse the baking soda and water out...I go straight to deep conditioning. If you try it, let us know how it works for you. :notworthy:

miracle

I've found EQP Scalp Stimulating Shampoo and Organics Scalp Stimulating Therapy Shampoo to be great for clarifying the hair as well as exfoliating the scalp of dandruff/product build-up. EQP's brand is my favorite because it leaves my scalp "tingling" clean.

BLESSED1

I use the suave on my scalp only every 4 weeks with good results. But I CW everyday and the only product that I apply directly to my scalp is surge14 which is watery, so I don't get that much buildup on my scalp to begin with. And I think the daily washing aids in that too...I agree with trying another clarifying shampoo if the other natural solutions don't work for you.

Allandra

When I shampoo my hair, I place my applicator top (top with a nozzle) on my shampoo bottle. Then I apply the shampoo to my scalp. I do this to make sure my scalp gets nice and clean. It works every time. :)

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Thanks for all the responses....

Allandra said:
When I shampoo my hair, I place my applicator top (top with a nozzle) on my shampoo bottle. Then I apply the shampoo to my scalp. I do this to make sure my scalp gets nice and clean. It works every time. :)

Hmmm....:scratchch: I've been considering this. Sort of like "greasing" your scalp with the shampoo.

Miracle:

Is the Organics, Africa's Best Organics? The ones that make Carrot Tea-Tree Oil Therap, the Mayonaise and the Tea-Tree Moisturizer? I use their products alot. I have to look for this one you mention. The EQP sounds good as well, the tingling has me intrigued. Meanwhile, JenJen, the baking soda sounds good too.

~op~

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Hey ladies!

Again I want to thank you all for the responses.

I decided to try the method Tracy uses and JenJen2721. It was getting too late for me to grease my scalp with the poo so I took the short cut. After my washing/cond. I got out and check and I STILL had a little junk on my scalp, but it wasn't itching anymore. I prepared the Baking Soda and water(2 tbsp and a cup and a half of warm water) Parted and squirted, parted and squirted and.......It worked, it worked, it worked :woot: :yay: :woot: :yay:

My scalp felt like your face feels after a deep cleansing. Fresh and tight. My pores felt unclogged and open. After rinsing, my hair felt stripped but not as stripped as with a clarifying poo. It still felt kinda soft. I just deep conditioned with my CPR and the softness returned immediately!

My scalp is very happy this morning.... :grin:
The details are in my journal.

Thanks JenJen!!

~op~

miracle

onepraying said:
Thanks for all the responses....

Hmmm....:scratchch: I've been considering this. Sort of like "greasing" your scalp with the shampoo.

Miracle:

Is the Organics, Africa's Best Organics? The ones that make Carrot Tea-Tree Oil Therap, the Mayonaise and the Tea-Tree Moisturizer? I use their products alot. I have to look for this one you mention. The EQP sounds good as well, the tingling has me intrigued. Meanwhile, JenJen, the baking soda sounds good too.

~op~

Yeah, it's the Africa's Best Organics. Excellent product!!!!!!!:)