what does this mean guys?

I was analyzing the ends of my hair and i noticed that on one of every few bunch of strands there is a knot on the end. The tiny knot is always located at the same place: the end on one individual strand. What does this mean. Someone please diagnose my hair...lol..

Victorian

old head
It means you have natural hair :lol: But seriously because of the natural curl pattern, strands are bound to do that from time to time. No need to worry. A lot of naturals find that if they start noticing an increase in the number of little knots they find, or they are bigger than usual (several strands form the knot) a trim may help.

CinnaMocha

No need to worry, that has happened to me with my relaxed hair (once or twice--not in the least an everyday event). At first it bothered me, then one day I decided I will get the little bugger out (with a straight pin, precise hands and time on my hand I did). There are just times, when I am so unoccupied. If really is bothering you than I agree with BlackCardinal, a trim would be helpful.

KittenLongPaw

Yeah, they're just knots. I've heard them referred to as pixie knots :) I go through my hair occasionally and trim them off individually as I find they make my hair tangle more. People with straight hair get them too, but it might be easier to get them if your hair curls.

deedabug

trimming doesnt help me with that problem...the drier my hair is the more this happens...

use ur best moisturizer on ur ends....often