What do you use to slick your Hair Down?

Candy1978

I need some help with keeping my hair in place. Right now, all I use is JAM,..I use ALOT of JAm and my hair always ends up looking greasy and is untouchable. i am wondering what can i use to slick down my hair, and keep it in place w/o that greasy feeling or look? can someone please help me out?? ..thanks :)

4a/b

Almost SL
1st:Full Sl
2nd: APL
3rd Slightly Past BSL

Using MTG (everyday), Infusium 23 leavin, cathy Howse Deep Conditioner, Shine, Jam, and Phyto Index 2

Don;t Shop Asian BSS. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch? to see Aron Ranen's Black Hair Documentery, and see how Asian BSS ownerare creating a monopoly to keep black business owners out of the MULTI BILLION $$$$ Black Hair Care Industry. When you see it, it will make you want to hollar :mad: :mad: ..

sarel

Gels tend to flake up on my hair and make it look dull. If I'm wearing a ponytail or bun, I just use a cream moisturizer, some oil, and gently brush it back w/ a boar bristle brush. After that I tie it down w/ a scarf and I'm good to go.

Hope that helps!

Candy1978

THANKS !!! Those tips really help..I knew that I need to do something different so my hair won't look like a greas ball all day.....plus I do makeup in a beauty salons , and I get sick of the stylsts ( who already want to get their hands in my head) telling me that my hair looks messed up, cause it's sooo oily. Ok maybe they don't say messed up, but they might as well seeming they are ALWASY trying to give me hair advice...lol, I will use some of these tips

AKA-Tude

I use paul mitchell LAB extreme thickening glue.

It holds hair in place like crazy, esp. my nape which tends to pop out during the day.

I got a couple of bottles from the hair salon in Walmart, but I suppose you can get it from anywhere that sells paul mitchell stuff.

I heard about it from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" b4 we moved over here.

Last edited:

locoabouthair

I spray my hair first w/ a mix distilled water/glycerin/jojoba oil.

Then I put Fantasia IC hair polisher gel on my edges......brush then bam! a slicked pony tail -lol!

amwcah

I use a little Jamacian Castor Oil, my fingers, and a scarf. I tried the Jam, but that's just too greasy with no added benefit to my hair but slicking. My fingers and a scarf lays my hair perfectly. I was skeptical at first about not brushing, but it seems to be working just find.

Brownie

sunshinebeautiful said:
Beyond the Zone Stiff Head

Does this flake? Can you scratch your head without it flaking? I know World of Curls does not flake, but it can be greasy.

SilkyandSmooth

I use Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening gel. I have almost 3 months worth of new growth and this gel holds my hair down like it's nothing. It doesn't dry the hair out or anything.

JustKiya

I use Oyin's Burnt Sugar, with a doorag tied on top to keep my hair slicked back - works every day, smells WONDERFUL, and doesn't leave any funky flakes or anything

glamazon386

The greasy part is why I stopped using Jam. Try QP Glaze. I use Fantasia gel now though bc the Glaze kept taking the polish off my fingernails.

keluric

My hair lays down really, really easily but sometimes I use either t-tree growth creme (great consistency), aloe vera gel, fantasia ic gel w/ sparklelites or citre shine anti-frizz serum with a gel.

bajanplums1

sarel said:
Gels tend to flake up on my hair and make it look dull. If I'm wearing a ponytail or bun, I just use a cream moisturizer, some oil, and gently brush it back w/ a boar bristle brush. After that I tie it down w/ a scarf and I'm good to go.

Hope that helps!

bingo, the same method works wonderfully for me.

Babygurl

amina kamal said:
Fantasia IC works well it has good hold and doesnt flake. It does dry hard but softens after a day or so.

Im also a fan of Fantasia IC Gel...and I found that if I add a few drops of oil and rub the combo together in my hands before applying, it doesnt dry hard but still holds ALL day.

InquiringMind

I use profectiv daily anti-breakage stengthener. I hate gels and haven't used gels since i was a child. I think creams work as a good smoother. Once my perm starts going out, I use a head scarf with the cream to smooth the sides down.

JuicesN'Berries

I usually use a protein, non alcohol based gel (preferably queen helene cholesterol gel) and Castor oil. I believe the gel holds it but the castor oil softens it. So I never have that hard brittle hair that you have to wash before you do anything with it kinda hair!

SoAnxious12

i use mango butter mostly. But if my hair is acting really mean and nasty that day, i may use elasta qp mango butter mixed in with Fantasia IC Sparkelites gel for super hold.

xstacy2

i use plain ole hair conditioner . what ever you have sitting around not being used. it keeps my hair laying down and it seems like it helping it grow back . the front hair line.

RoseGolden

keluric said:
My hair lays down really, really easily but sometimes I use either t-tree growth creme (great consistency), aloe vera gel, fantasia ic gel w/ sparklelites or citre shine anti-frizz serum with a gel.

Who makes that?

RZILYNT

Elasta mango butter works wonders for my hair :p I smooth it on and tie a scarf on my head for nite time and it stays put for the day.