Is it Ok to use MTG on the days proior To Relaxing the Hair?

Candy1978

:)I am going to start using MTG for the first time tomorrow, but I am going to be touching up my hair with Phyto on Thursday 1-4-07. For those of you who use MTG or MTG & Phyto, do you recommend me using MTG on the days prior to Relaxing this Thursday? Also, can I use MTG the same day I relax my hair? Let me know...Thanks in advance :)

Remember Dont's Shop in Asian BSS. Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch? Aron Ranen's Black Hiar Documentery to see the Monopoly being built to shut Black Business owners out of the MULTI BILLION $$$ Black Hair Care industry. Then visit http://www.BOBSA.org to get info on how you can play a very important role in keeping the Black Hair Business In OUR Community

Starian

No, the sulfur in MTG has been known to make relaxers "not take." It's recommended to stop using MTG for at least a week before you're getting a relaxer.

blazingthru

I think I read on a post way back in 2005 that you should not use MTG for atleast a month before any type of chemical applied to the hair. I believe the poster said she was in HELL!!!.

JLove74

I use Phyto and asked my stylist about this. She suggested not using MTG 2-3 weeks prior to your relaxer. Making sure your hair gets really conditioned and moisturized during this time, sime MTG can be drying and since Phyto is No-Lye, some people experience dryness as well. And she also said don't resume using it until about 2-3 weeks after.

BrooklynSouth

Nooooooooo, I would not do it {again!} MTG definitely affects the scalp. A week or two before and the same afterward would be better.

GIRLIE

I did a touch-up two days ago and I have MTG on my scalp right now, no problems here. I wouldn't use it right before relaxing though, maybe stop a week before a relaxer. That's what I do and I never have any problems. I use Elaster QP sensitive no-lyle. HTH

jshor09

i did when i was relaxed . i used it a day before and it burned my scalp. no damage, but i wouldn't use it for a couple days prior to relaxing.

Candy1978

thanks for the advice!! I'm glad I asked before blindly going ahead and using the product. I will relax on thursday, then wait 1 week to use MTG, it seems like that would be the best bet.