What Do You Think Of This Blow-Dry Method?

JinaRicci

This is the tension method that PinkSkates does. I think it is lower manip.

I use this method except I don't blowdry the underside of my hair any more like the girl in the vid. It raises the cuticles & makes it rough.

♥Lamaravilla♥

This is the tension method that PinkSkates does. I think it is lower manip.

I use this method except I don't blowdry the underside of my hair any more like the girl in the vid. It raises the cuticles & makes it rough.

But wouldn't going back over it with the cool air fix that? Just curious.

JinaRicci

^^I don't know. I used to do this blow-drying my hair on cool with the cold shot afterwards and it's much smoother now that I don't.

Vintageglam

I actually blow my hair on cool bc I have fine hair which does not need too much heat to dry. I just use the coolest setting and the PIK and Ironically I loose less hair this way than say roller-setting.

ETA: I use this method if I want to braid or cornrow my hair. If I want a smooth finish I roller set.

Solitude

That is EXACTLY how I blowdry my hair already, but I am relaxed. The one small difference is that I would never concentrate the blow dryer on my ends that long. It takes forever, but my hair feels soft and shiny rather than dry and fried.

I started doing it as a variation of PinkSkates' "tension" blow dry method.

Jozze

I learned this technique from my Mom. She always blow dried my hair this way when I was younger and now I use this same method on my DD's natural hair before braiding. This is a very gentle method for lightly stretching out the hair. I may use this technique again on my natural hair if I find I'm getting too many ssks as my hair gets longer.

MAMATO

Awesome. I may need to try this method, I normally use a brush to detangle my hair while I am blowdrying... I prefer this method, thanks OP for posting the video :)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
This is how I blowdry my freinds natural hair before flat-ironing. It works really well, I only use the cool setting and the hair gets really straight quickly and she has super thick hair. Plus, because of the low heat used the hair stays smooth and soft. Two thumbs up.

winnettag

Yea, I know this as Pinkskates Tension Method.
It works for a lot of ladies, but my hair is too uneven right now, so I still use my comb attachment for the time being.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Thanks for posting this video- I needed a visual for future blowdrying. My current technique is a FAIL. I have an appointment Tuesday to get my hair blowdried

jayjaycurlz

I am going to try this too - for when I blowdry (which is only when I BKT). I currently use a brush and I see lots of hairs in the brush when I'm finished.