Counterfeit and Expired Products??

ReesieCup

While perusing the Mizani website I came upon this link on counterfeit hair products. I love to purchase "for Professionals only" products for home use. In fact, I just bought the Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer System (from a local Asian owned BSS). Mizani Butter Blend is awesome by the way. It had to be the real deal!

Anyway, Loreal -- which owns Mizani, Kerastase, Redken, Biotherm, among others says that you are taking a risk when you buy from non authorized dealers. The products could be counterfeit, expired or discontinued. You can't be sure unless you buy them from a salon. It sounds incredible, but I've even heard that Procter and Gamble has been fighting this.

Is this the real deal or a scare tactic to garner more profit? Check out the video and share your thoughts. http://www.mizani-usa.com/default.aspx?m=79&rid=300

ReesieCup

RavenMaven

Scare Tactic. It's not like a swat team is going to run up to you at the BSS cashier counter or anything lol.

Mars_Reiko

Interesting. I buy my mizani relaxer from the local bss. I know I take a risk by buying from them but that's a professional use only product and I can't get it anywhere else without a license. I've been doing so for close to 2 years now, and I haven't had a problem yet. Idk, I guess the best thing to do is to use your best judgement. I never purchased a bottle that was damaged or batch #'s removed like those in the video.

Nya33

That is soooo a scare tactic!

For starters i can't buy Mizani Thermasmooth in the salon they want to do the treatment for me which is £52 ($100 appx) depending on the length of your hair! I bought the whole kit over a year ago for £45 inc p&p which is still not finished. The store that is selling did say that some reps from l'oreal had told them that they should discontinue selling but its still there!

However i am aware that sometimes people may be unlucky and will get a dud product but on the whole i trust my local BSS for the salon stuff.

Last edited: