What do you guys think?

Samaria

You may have read my other post saying I'm new to the area in which I live. Anyway, I found a stylist and I called her, I explained to her that I am new here and looking for a good salon. I told her what relaxer I use and she said she doesn't usually carry Mizani(the relaxer I use) but she does special request and so she plans on getting it for me. She told me before she could go on to set up and appointment to do my hair she would have to schedule for me to come in, meet her, get to know her and check the condition of my scalp. I was just wondering, what do you guys think? Do you think there is any reason I should be skeptical of this lady? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but my hair doesn't grow fast at all, and I can't let just anybody play around with my hair. Based on ya'lls experiences/ or opinions I would love some feedback. TIA!!!

chocolate01

I wouldn't be skeptical, most of us a looking for a stylist like her. A lot of people I would have you sitting in the chair by now. It gives you an opportunity to ask questions and get to know her a little before you trust her with your hair.

Tene

I wouldn't be skeptical, at least she wants to talk to you first and want you to get to know her.

Crem

Seems like that the proper thing to do

you should always have a consultation before you go get any process

no need to be skepitcal

PrettyBrownEyes

Samaria said:
You may have read my other post saying I'm new to the area in which I live. Anyway, I found a stylist and I called her, I explained to her that I am new here and looking for a good salon. I told her what relaxer I use and she said she doesn't usually carry Mizani(the relaxer I use) but she does special request and so she plans on getting it for me. She told me before she could go on to set up and appointment to do my hair she would have to schedule for me to come in, meet her, get to know her and check the condition of my scalp. I was just wondering, what do you guys think? Do you think there is any reason I should be skeptical of this lady? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but my hair doesn't grow fast at all, and I can't let just anybody play around with my hair. Based on ya'lls experiences/ or opinions I would love some feedback. TIA!!!

I don't see anywhere in your post a reason to be skeptical of this hairstylist. I think its great just knowing that she would like for you to come in first before just setting up an appointment to apply a chemical to your hair without ever seeing it. :)

Divine Inspiration

I had an experience like this one last week with a male, and the fact that he wanted to sit down and talk about products, regimen, heat etc etc totally put me at ease. He listened to me, and my hair turned out *fabulous* and I totally credit the fact that we talked and he knew that I knew how to care of hair...it was so good that I wrote a journal entry about it, lol. Anyway, good luck girlie!

Cinnabuns

She seems pretty legit to me also. But if your gut feeling is sayingotherwise than I would say to follow your instincts. You may want to check out other beauticians, if caasn you find anymore in your area, until you become suitable with someone whom you can trust.

Samaria

Thank you everybody. She seems like she is trying to work with me. Atleast she's just not like. OK COME IN I'LL RELAX YOUR HAIR. I was just wondering if her wanting to check my scalp would give her a chance to say there's something wrong and to make more money off of it? Well, I will just check her out anyway. But thank you guys for taking the time to give me information. Thank you!