PICS....What do you think?

simplie_lovable

So... I got a new job (yay) that I am very excited about and the girls who work there always look good today was my orientation I decided yesterday to go and get my hair done. I wanted to look good so I decided to go to the Dominicans to get a blowout (This is like my 3rd time using heat From June I am on 6 months stretched. Anyways I went to the Dominicans, I told them what I wanted them to do with my hair. So some lady took me to the back n she started pouring water on my head then she stopped and asked "are you natural?" I told her no it’s just that I have lots of new growth. End of story she puts me under the dryer then once I was done another lady took over the blow drying. She was having a little difficulty with doing my hair (new growth) so some other lady decided to help her out , and the entire time they were talking about my hair ( which I could care less). At some other point the lady who had washed my hair came and started talking to me, she told me that I needed a relaxer and,blah,blah,blah. I just told her no and that I wanted to go a long time without one. Of course she and the other lady continued talking about my hair. When she was finally done with my hair I did not really like it but I noticed that it grew. I am going to get a relaxer in December that is when I am going to end my 6 month stretched. So my question is do you think that I am going to be APL in February? February is going to be my one year anniversary. PICS:
first picture is from the beginning February 2009 the other ones are 4rm yesterday

Attachments

• 3-6-09.jpg
    3-6-09.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 222

nikki2229

I think you can make it to APL by February.
I don't think you should stick around while people who are getting paid to do your hair are talking about you. I know you said you didn't care but take your business to someone who will appreciate it.

msa

Good progress :yep:. I think you can make it by February just keep up what you're doing.

simplie_lovable

Thank you ladies. Does anyone know what I can do about my hair not being full? I would really love for my hair to be long and full I do not like long thin hair.

Live4Me

Girl you will definitely be APL before Feb. Maybe not full, but def touching. As for thickness, consider not relaxing straight when you get one. Leave some texture -- that will keep it full. Plus, the hair that's on your head prior to LHCF may be thin due to not knowing how to care for it. I know there's a line in my hair from pre-LHCF to post-LHCF hair. There's def a thickness difference. HHG!

Fhrizzball

I use henna but that's not for everyone. Protein treatments seem to work for people here that and I know some people that the volumizing products seem to work for them. And of course there is good ole fashion Castor oil but I really haven't notice that working on me but I just use if for sealing.

simplie_lovable

Thank you ladies I just love this site. You girls give great advice and I appreciate all the help that I am getting from you. Thanks

shamarie

IMO I think you may APL by Dec 2009, esp when you get that relaxer.

ETA: Wait....looking at that thrid pic, you look to be about half a inch away form APL....so you may be there in a month.....hey i would like to see your progress in 30 days if you dont mind.

Last edited:

Nayeli

ITA - you may hit it before February. Great progress! Give your ends so time to catch up and you will notice a difference in the fullness.

tenjoy

You should make it by Feb. Stay away from dominican blowouts, they are horrible for your hair.

Nazarite27

So true!

This is partly why I gave up on the Dominican Salons back in 2004 -- the main reason was that severely overprocessed relaxer. :wallbash:

There is absolutely no way I am going to pay you to mistreat and disrespect me and my hair!! It's bad enough that they don't have the GUTS to talk negatively about you in English, but they'll take that American money!!! :nono:

I think you can make it to APL by February.
I don't think you should stick around while people who are getting paid to do your hair are talking about you. I know you said you didn't care but take your business to someone who will appreciate it.