What Do You Do?

If you see a bad hair practice in Fotki...do you say something?

• I don't give a *^&^%!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may say something if they ask for advice or tips..

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I'll speak my mind and if they don't like it, tough!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I keep it moving! Worry about yourself!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I have absolutely no opinion about this...

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

supermodelsonya

Curious...Fotki can be a very rewarding place to share your hair journey with others....but it can also be a nasty place where people log in anonymously and make snide comments about your hair.

Sometimes constructive criticism can be taken the wrong way. (I mean, who likes to be criticized?)

So, you're stalking some fotki's and you come across one where someone's claiming to be SL but they are really NL, or if someone is advocating bad hair practices :look:

Do you say something? Do you keep it moving?

Last edited:

Nonie

I agree with Samanthajones. Unsolicited advice, especially from strangers, is usually not welcome. What's more, some practices that seem wrong and unsafe to some people actually seem to serve others well, so that your suggestion may end up being unhelpful in that person's case.

supermodelsonya

I agree with Samanthajones. Unsolicited advice, especially from strangers, is usually not welcome. What's more, some practices that seem wrong and unsafe to some people actually seem to serve others well, so that your suggestion may end up being unhelpful in that person's case.

I guess what I meant by unsafe hair practices would be overlapping relaxers, coloring after a relaxer, things of that nature.

Nonie

I guess what I meant by unsafe hair practices would be overlapping relaxers, coloring after a relaxer, things of that nature.

I know you mean well, but you're less likely to offend if you just posted something like. "You seem to enjoy your hair a lot, like I do. Do you also visit hair forums like www.longhaircareforum.com?"

Subtle but it sends her in the direction where she could get that info on her own without it being shoved in her face (coz you know that's how your help will be viewed by one who isn't so nice).

supermodelsonya

I know you mean well, but you're less likely to offend if you just posted something like. "You seem to enjoy your hair a lot, like I do. Do you also visit hair forums like www.longhaircareforum.com?"

Subtle but it sends her in the direction where she could get that info on her own without it being shoved in her face (coz you know that's how your help will be viewed by one who isn't so nice).

Good advice. Although, I don't say ANYTHING AT ALL. Unless it's one of my e-friends and they ask me for advice. Complete strangers? I keep it pushing!:drunk:

Lucky's Mom

Wow. Would this person have a Fotki?

I still would be silent on the matter... There are lots of people on the boards.... They do all sorts of things. And then they have to learn on thier own. I have been there too.... But unwelcome advice is not what people want.....

supermodelsonya

Wow. Would this person have a Fotki?

I still would be silent on the matter... There are lots of people on the boards.... They do all sorts of things. And then they have to learn on thier own. I have been there too.... But unwelcome advice is not what people want.....

To answer your question...yes...I've seen a few....Like I said...I keep it moving. I'm sure a lot of you have seen these "tutorials" on Youtube as well. I've seen some pretty heated messages posted there too.

Again I just keep it...:drunk:

blue_flower

I keep it moving. Unless the person is showing a tutorial on how to relax a 3 year old's hair, I won't say anything.