How Do You Do Bantu Knots On NL Hair?

Tinkerbell19

Hey Ladies:grin:

I want to do bantu knots on my hair this wk but I have never done them. Can you please give me some tips for those of you that have done them on NL or SL hair? Also please supply pics if you have any. Thank u so much! :grin:

My pic in my avatar is nl or shorter with bantu knots. I have some in my photo album too.

I did them on dry hair and I was relaxed at the time. I spritzed water and cond mix on them after I twisted. Then went under the dryer for a little while, slept on them, and pulled apart with my fingers. HTH

I attached some pics
bantus.jpg

bantu2-vi.jpg

My pic in my avatar is nl or shorter with bantu knots. I have some in my photo album too.

I did them on dry hair and I was relaxed at the time. I spritzed water and cond mix on them after I twisted. Then went under the dryer for a little while, slept on them, and pulled apart with my fingers. HTH

I attached some pics
View attachment 21881

View attachment 21883

Oh nice! and I checked out your album too:grin: So did u have to bobby pin them to stay in place?

When i've done bantu knots (which i dont do as much before but i did it more often when my hair was a little shorter), i secured them with hair pins, not bobby pins. I feel that they work better with less damage. I would never do fewer than 6 sections. would usually spritz some water on dry hair and add some oil. However, my bantu knot outs always end up big and fluffy instead of hanging curls. I cant wait till my hair gets longer so it will hang better.

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1155.jpg
    DSCN1155.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 23
Do you get better results with wet hair or dry hair?

This ? is for me, yes/no?

Well, when I was relaxed I could only do it on dry hair. I couldn't grip the wet hair like I wanted to, without risking damage. I would spritz a little water on it after I was finished.

Here's a pic of a bantu knot set done on wet hair. My hair was shoulder length and relaxed at the time, and I used 6 knots.
Bantu-1-1.jpg

I plan to try this on my natural hair this weekend...it should be interesting :lol:

Yep smaller glumps of hair and also i braid them before putting them into knots. i find I get better curls. I also do mine on damp hair.

Back