Fotki Stalkers, what are you pet peeves about people's fotkis?

Ok, question.........should you reply to every single comment in your album? For example.......if you get a comment like "cute style", "pretty", "nice hair", etc. etc.......is it rude not to reply?

I appreciate every single commplement in my album and I really do my best to reply to every one if only a simple "Thank you" but it really is time consuming. I have a full time job and sometimes this seems like a second one:ohwell:. It's getting a bit overwhelming.

I don't really expect responses to compliments. However, I do like how some people put in their description of the album 'thank you for the comments.." so that they don't have to respond individually; but really, it's not important to me.

When people ask questions, it would be nice to get a response. Those are the type of comments I'm referring to when I say 'when people don't respond to comments'.

Yeah, I usually feel sad when so many people have visited and I don't get any comments:sad:

I hear ya and I understand especially when it comes to something as personal as our hair. I've been trying to do better and just leave a comment in the guestbook but sometimes I just want to chill and look at pics w/o having to do any typing. Honestly, it's nothing personal. It's more so me being lazy:yawn:.

Ok, question.........should you reply to every single comment in your album? For example.......if you get a comment like "cute style", "pretty", "nice hair", etc. etc.......is it rude not to reply?

I appreciate every single commplement in my album and I really do my best to reply to every one if only a simple "Thank you" but it really is time consuming. I have a full time job and sometimes this seems like a second one:ohwell:. It's getting a bit overwhelming.
You're right- it is very time consumming. I've tried to leave a thank you for each one, but then you seem like you have a canned response and don't mean it... I really appreciate each comment too. I don't think a thank you is necessary for every single one though. When I update my fotki, I'm gonna put somewhere maybe in the topic of the picture something like "Thank you so much in advance if you chose to leave a comment, I appreciate that" ... I dunno.:look:

You're right- it is very time consumming. I've tried to leave a thank you for each one, but then you seem like you have a canned response and don't mean it...

thats why i dont......
i will answer questions but i normally dont respond to the other "comments", though now and then i will post a "thanks everyone for all your comments! :) " cause i do appreciate them.

You're right- it is very time consumming. I've tried to leave a thank you for each one, but then you seem like you have a canned response and don't mean it... I really appreciate each comment too. I don't think a thank you is necessary for every single one though. When I update my fotki, I'm gonna put somewhere maybe in the topic of the picture something like "Thank you so much in advance if you chose to leave a comment, I appreciate that" ... I dunno.:look:
Good idea. I really do appreciate all complements though. Especially since most days they are the only ones I get:ohwell:. They bring a smile to my face.

i am still tryin to organize my fotki. i have been off for such a while with moving around and everything, and i am still trying to figure out the best way to organize everything

mine was. A crazy heffer ...some long story who I know IRL decided to 'hunt me down' on the net, then started snooping the fotki. I also had my suspicions she was on here too so decided to put my password on PM me for passwords only. She even created a fake fotki too I caught her out. But I know for a fact she Googles me. The next time I see her, I'm going to lay her a$$ out. She's caused a lot of (non-fotki related) trouble and it's about time she gots a slappin.
I remember that incident.

Originally posted by Queeny20
Select the folder by clicking on the box. On the left hand side click where it says "move select to" and then select the folder you want to put them under. Q

Ahhhh...thanks so much Q! I've been wantin g to do that with my fotki, and could not figure it out.

Good idea. I really do appreciate all complements though. Especially since most days they are the only ones I get:ohwell:. They bring a smile to my face.
ITA, they truely do. That's why I don't understand when I see people say that they don't care if people leave comments or not... I do because I'm keeping it real with myself... who doesn't like compliments? They make you feel good!:yep: My heart won't stop beating if I don't get them, but when I do, it's nice.

IMHO, you should.:yep: You would say thank you if someone gave you a compliment in real life right? I don't think fotki is any different.

But that's just me. I reply to EVERY comment because I appreciate people coming to my fotki. They didn't have to reply.

But if you don't feel like it I can see why. But be consistent (just my opinion). Don't reply to HairDownmyAss1201 and not to ScalpLength15. :lol:

I REALLY appreciate the people who come daily (contrary to the other posts).:yep:

I don't reply to every comment. Guess I'm just lazy. But I reply to every commenter, so if someone leaves one comment I'll reply to that and if they leave several I'll reply to at least one of them.

:blush: heeeeeeee. i don't reply to all but i do my very best to visit their fotki albums and leave some love in their albums too.

The only pet peeve I have is when some people have too many folders/subfolders and they are all locked. One more: There are some others that have different passwords for each album and/or folder. WTH :wallbash:. When it comes to comments, I do reply to every single comment(sometimes not right away) not only because I'm nice but just to let others know that their comments are appreciated.:grin:

IMHO, you should.:yep: You would say thank you if someone gave you a compliment in real life right? I don't think fotki is any different.

But that's just me. I reply to EVERY comment because I appreciate people coming to my fotki. They didn't have to reply.

But if you don't feel like it I can see why. But be consistent (just my opinion). Don't reply to HairDownmyAss1201 and not to ScalpLength15. :lol:

I REALLY appreciate the people who come daily (contrary to the other posts).:yep:

That's hilarious and I totally agree. I reply to all comments in my fotki (I don't have a ton, like some ladies, so it's pretty easy for my to pop into my fotki and say thank you to any new comments).

Like someone else said, who doesn't like receiving compliments? I know I do :yep:.

That's hilarious and I totally agree. I reply to all comments in my fotki (I don't have a ton, like some ladies, so it's pretty easy for my to pop into my fotki and say thank you to any new comments).

Like someone else said, who doesn't like receiving compliments? I know I do :yep:.
Okay, let me ask the people who respond to every comment- because I think that's what I'm going to go back to doing- responding to every one. IF you get a person who comments on two or more pics, do you just respond to one of the comments or all of the comments that the person left that day? I was saying thank you once instead of all the times.

Okay, let me ask the people who respond to every comment- because I think that's what I'm going to go back to doing- responding to every one. IF you get a person who comments on two or more pics, do you just respond to one of the comments or all of the comments that the person left that day? I was saying thank you once instead of all the times.

I reply to each one, even if it's by the same person. For me, when I check my fotki, I may have 1-3 new comments every few weeks so it's super easy to say thanks to everyone.

I don't know how many comments some people get who have 100's of people a day visiting their fotki (maybe I'll find out one day :look:). But if a person had a lot of comments from the same person one day then I think it would be okay to thank them in their last post for that comment and all the others.

Example: "Thanks for visiting my fotki and leaving all the nice compliments. I really appreciate them. :) :)"

That's the kind of response I would leave if I didn't have time to thank them for every comment.

Ok, question.........should you reply to every single comment in your album?

no, imo. i started putting a "thanks for all the comments etc" note in my album description instead. i found i was being more rude by responding to a few comments and not to the others. i will answer all questions though since i feel they actually need a response. i usually go to a persons fotki and leave comments on albums or gb.

actually, another pet peeve of mine is going to someone fotki and leaving about 3-5 comments on about 2+ separate occasions but them never coming to yours at all.

Last edited:
no, imo. i started putting a "thanks for all the comments etc" note in my album description instead. i found i was being more rude by responding to a few comments and not to the others. i will answer all questions though since i feel though actually need a response. i usually go to a persons fotki and leave comments on albums or gb, though.

actually, another pet peeve of mine is going to someone fotki and leaving a about 3-5 comments on about 2+ separate occasions but them never coming to yours at all.

I've never thought about this. It would be nice gesture if you left a comment in someone's fotki they left a comment or thank you in yours. I should start doing this.

no, imo. i started putting a "thanks for all the comments etc" note in my album description instead. i found i was being more rude by responding to a few comments and not to the others. i will answer all questions though since i feel though actually need a response. i usually go to a persons fotki and leave comments on albums or gb, though.

actually, another pet peeve of mine is going to someone fotki and leaving a about 3-5 comments on about 2+ separate occasions but them never coming to yours at all.
I know I'm gulity of this.

Sometimes I dont go fotki surfing for weeks at a time and I know I dont get to all the people who leave comments. I hope no one takes it as an insult though.

I reply to each one, even if it's by the same person. For me, when I check my fotki, I may have 1-3 new comments every few weeks so it's super easy to say thanks to everyone.

now that my album activity has quietened down i get about 2-4 comments a day. when i update, i get at 8-10 comments a day for a good 7 or so days. i appreciate all my comments but it can be a lot to deal with. if i replied to every comment, as well as going to the fotki of every single person who replies to me (i do this) then i would be so busy. this even applies to the albums where i only have a few pics so get about 30 or so comments.

i've seen some people who get 300+ comments on their monthly albums and saw one with 800+ yesterday :spinning:. i know they must love that people are really feelin' their hair but i don't know how the heck they deal with that.

I've never thought about this. It would be nice gesture if you left a comment in someone's fotki they left a comment or thank you in yours. I should start doing this.
That is what I normally do. If you leave me a comment, I will definitely leave you some. I feel like it was nice for someone to take the time to go through my photos and tell me what they thought, so I can do the same in return.

Great thread! can't wait to see all these improved Fotkis.I know my fotki is not perfect but atleast I give you fair warning. with that said my pet peeves are fotki's that are unorganized, only two pictures, pictures of everything but your hair (this is my cat this is her favorite toy.. :lachen:) there are others I just can't remember right now... one of my favorite fotki is Jenteel! Hers is organized and full of information.

This was a great thread!:grin:
When I make a Fotki album (HWF signing in) I will have a lot of good info to start with.

That's a good idea on how to respond to comments. I never knew how to go about that--I'm bad at compliments in real life too. I do answer direct questions.

Holy smokes! Your fotki is immaculate! :grin:

Oh thank you. I have personal pics on there too, but I'm not about to have it password free. I have roboform so I never have to put the password in again. I have 69 fotki passwords from all of the albums on roboform so if I fancy taking a peek it does it for me.

Back