What do you do when...

Bb92

... God has given you a passion that is completely mismatched with the opportunities in your life?

My talents, desires and lifelong dreams are completely different from what my circumstances are right now. Everytime I try to pursue my dream I get nowhere.

LifeafterLHCF

All I can add is you will have to go out on faith my love.Because God put it in you then it possible to happen.At times we have to go through a waiting period in order to really be dynamic in the passion we have to learn some things while we wait.

I will use me a example.I want to be a pro mua,and hr consultant.Went back to school after my 1st ba and got a 2nd ba in hr but can't find a job at all in the field.I work a job that is death like to me but God will show me I can do great in the field of HR but I have to learn some things now ie temper,money management,confidence etc before he will release things in my life.He won't elevate in life until things are in order.

Prudent1

Brooke,
Just echoing what GoddessMaker said. She is spot on. God usually places desires, dreams, etc in our hearts long before we will see them come to fruition. Why:whyme::pullhair:? Because he is grooming us and teaching us, and pruning us, and basically even though the desire is quite strong we are not ready yet:seesaw:. What has helped me and continues to help me while I wait is to remember historical content like how Hannah waited, Joseph's wait to be reunited with his family, David's plight as he was running and living in the caves (yet he was king!), etc. These ppl waited 30, 40, or more years to have the dreams God placed in their heart fulfilled. Many of us have not even lived 30 or 40 year let alone been walking with God for that amount of time:ohwell:.
Also I focus on passages like these-
Isa 40:31-But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Psa 27:14-Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psa 34:1-I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

You catch my drift? We have to learn to wait with the right attitude (being happy, glad, and thankful no matter what is or is not going on around us). We cannot be moved by our feelings or thoughts. They change depending on circumstances. The word of God does not fail, does not change, and becomes clearer and more defined as the believer matures or actively persues a relationship with him.

Check out Dan Miller's blog, books, training etc. He is a Christian career counselor who's calling is helping other's discover their calling and helping them plan accordingly. www.48days.net

makeupgirl

All I can add is you will have to go out on faith my love.Because God put it in you then it possible to happen.At times we have to go through a waiting period in order to really be dynamic in the passion we have to learn some things while we wait.

I will use me a example.I want to be a pro mua,and hr consultant.Went back to school after my 1st ba and got a 2nd ba in hr but can't find a job at all in the field.I work a job that is death like to me but God will show me I can do great in the field of HR but I have to learn some things now ie temper,money management,confidence etc before he will release things in my life.He won't elevate in life until things are in order.

I want to do Makeup Artistry too. Makeup is my passion. However, as of right now it's just a hobby. Im still in school to finish my BA in Business and then I won't have any way of paying for cosmotogy school because I'm capped out of my finanical aid but it's ok. I know the Lord will make a way if it's his will.

makeupgirl

... God has given you a passion that is completely mismatched with the opportunities in your life?

My talents, desires and lifelong dreams are completely different from what my circumstances are right now. Everytime I try to pursue my dream I get nowhere.

Brooke, if God has given you that passion, it's because it's for his glorification. He has a plan and purpose for you. Keep researching and learning more about the passions that you have.

Keep us posted :)

Honi

There is no board.
Ain't HE funny? :giggle: It has already been planned and set up future wise for you but it's just not the right time perhaps. What you are experiencing now is frustration because YOU want it to happen NOW. Your fleshly hands are all over it and you continuously hit a brick wall moving forward right? You then get tired, angry, depressed, faith begins to waiver, etc. All the emotions that the Lord does not want you to do. It just stresses you out. You can't do it alone.

Rest in Him, trust and don't worry about it. There may be some things that need to happen or people that he will put in place to get you there. Remember...God works through his people. Believe me when it does happen it will be effortless like driving down a street with all green lights.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That's sooo true... Amein~
Ain't HE funny? :giggle: It has already been planned and set up future wise for you but it's just not the right time perhaps. What you are experiencing now is frustration because YOU want it to happen NOW. Your fleshly hands are all over it and you continuously hit a brick wall moving forward right? You then get tired, angry, depressed, faith begins to waiver, etc. All the emotions that the Lord does not want you to do. It just stresses you out. You can't do it alone.

Rest in Him, trust and don't worry about it. There may be some things that need to happen or people that he will put in place to get you there. Remember...God works through his people. Believe me when it does happen it will be effortless like driving down a street with all green lights.

Bb92

I re-read everyones replies like 10 times, and I am saving this thread. Everyones replies have helped me tremendously, thank you all.

Reading and listening about trusting God, having patience, and beleiveng that God has everything under control is a lot easier than actually "doing" it.

But it all makes sense now. Instead of being worried, anxious and frustrated I am, and will continue to keep my faith in him, work on doing His will, being patient, and trusting Him.

Faith moves God, not doubt, worry, and fear...I need to remember that.

Last edited: