If At First You Don't Succeed..WHY,WHY AGAIN?

kayte

Success borne out of Failure

F1B8ED1CA410425EB9678BA4F8C1559D.ashx

Are you afraid to go after your true desires because you have failed before? Don't let the ghosts of past mistakes haunt you!
The times in life when things do not work out can be the most powerful, especially if you embrace these experiences with the attitude that they are opportunities to learn, grow and evolve and use as a doorway to your dreams.

Has anyone had "failures" that transformed to success?
relationship..money...career....home...education...
in any arena....
when {and what} did something not work out,and at the time
seemed completely devastating :cry:
but later...
to your amazement turned
out to be for your highest good? in the most miraculous way?
:clap:

you name it....you tell it

INspire us~ Share

What looks like a loss may be the very event which is subsequently responsible for helping to produce the major achievement of your life."
Srully D. Blotnick

All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is this: Act as if it were impossible to fail. That is the talisman, the formula, the command of right-about-face which turns us from failure towards success."
Dorothea Brande

Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have."
Louis E. Boone

"I don't believe in failure. It's not failure if you enjoyed the process."
Oprah Winfrey

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan

"Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."
Barack Obama

"Be Fearless, and Flourish!"
Rick Beneteau

This was orignally in off topic..lol got buried!
Please post your spiritual warrior success stories
Feel free to use your Biblical equivalent..my favorite is RUTH
Husband dies...sister in law leaves....leaves her only home and look what God did
or Joseph...Job..is hard hard to relate but there of those of us
who have lost..and now have WON......in the process of WINNING
uh-oh.... I'm crying...anyways posting more

The below post came in my inbox today
and along with seeing the success stories below..also today
was confirmation to try this thread once more
..I feel led to drown you in God's success
be blessed with HIS success
xo
~~K

Last edited:
God is the God of Success
By Os Hillman

September 25

"If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth" (Deut 28:1-2).

Our God is a God of success. You are created to be a success. Success is rooted in our relationship with God, not in our abilities. When our abilities are separated from our relationship with God, success is short-lived.

"All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock - the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. The LORD will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The LORD your God will bless you in the land he is giving you" (Deut 28:2-8).

Sometimes God allows you to fail in order for you to succeed. Each of us must first experience our own death and resurrection from our old nature.

This is for you to learn Who the source of true success is. You will be amazed how easy success will come when your life is in proper alignment with the purposes of God.
Today, reaffirm your commitment to follow His ways in all that you do. This will ensure God's purposes will be fulfilled in you.

Last edited:
Success Stories: I Changed Careers
By Rachel Zupek, CareerBuilder.com writer

Although people switch careers for many reasons and at different times, the economy is a strong factor in why millions of people are currently opting to do so. We asked our readers to share their career-changing success stories and got hundreds of responses.

Rabbi to comedian
"I served two congregations. Having earned a doctorate and really wanting a) to get out of the fishbowl and b) spend more time in our beloved Vermont, I resigned mid-contract, and planned to open a counseling practice. That summer, the local Jewish paper ran a "Jewish Comic of the Year Contest" which I entered. came in 3rd [and] started doing free shows. Soon I was earning a decent living at comedy, so I never pursued the counseling practice. Twenty-three years later, I live in Vermont and perform internationally." -- Bob Alper, comedian

Magazine editor to fashion designer
"I was laid off in March from my magazine editor job and it felt like Christmas in springtime. I started my fashion label last year, and it's going great. We're due in boutiques this August and being laid off allowed me to focus all my energy on growing and expanding label." -- Fresia Rodriguez, owner, Kingley & Posh

Catering to wedding pastor
"I owned a catering and event planning business for almost 20 years with my [ex] husband. Last year, after completing seminary in New York City and training in New Jersey, I started a practice writing and performing ceremonies. It is now a full-time, self-supporting business and I love it. It has blended all my years of being the caterer/planner, my writing and performing skills, and my marketing abilities in one place." -- Celia Milton, wedding ceremony officiant and minister

Education to music
"I have no experience in the music industry; I have a bachelor of arts and a bachelor of education degree. While I was on maternity leave [with] Hannah, I started singing songs to her, including her name in the songs to make it fun. Tunes like "If You're Happy And You Know It" became "If You're Hannah And You Know It," and so forth. My husband works in the music industry, and we sat around the table talking about this, and he thought it would make for a great personalized CD. We started with nine songs and 800 names recorded --we actually had to invent the technology in order to create Name Your Tune. Since our launch, [the CD] has become the leading personalized CD in the world. Children will hear their name more than 80 times throughout 14 much-loved songs, and we now have over 4,500 names to choose from. We've come a long way since those days discussing the idea around the table." -- Candace Alper, Name Your Tune

English instructor to multiplication guru
"I was a [university] English composition instructor. With endless office hours and a deluge of e-mails from students every night, I felt it was time to pursue my dream. I had a big idea: a better way of teaching the times tables. As any parent knows or remembers, learning the multiplication tables represents a dreaded rite of passage for many children. When my son struggled with rote memorization, I invented a method based on easy number patterns. I published "Teach Your Child the Multiplication Tables, Fast, Fun & Easy!" to help other families and launched my company, TeaChildMath. This journey has been fantastic!" -- Eugenia Francis, founder, TeaChildMath

Carpenter to LEGO model designer
"I was a carpenter for many years. When the housing market started to go south, I knew I needed to get out. I tried out for a local 'LEGO' competition. The position was for the master model builder at the brand new Legoland Discovery Center in Chicago. I fought in an American Idol-type contest, with experts and children judging me to make the final call. I won everyone over with my LEGO happy meal and am now the designer of models for the Chicago-based attraction." -- Dan Morey, model designer, Legoland Discovery Center

Graphic designer to soap maker
"I went from working in the corporate world as a magazine graphic designer and photographer, to selling my house, quitting my job and teaching myself to make soap. I now live in my grand-dad's old dairy barn, which I renovated into a soap studio, and have a booming natural body-care business. I also just started my own charity, Soap for Hope, where I plan on teaching at-risk girls and women to start their own business and thrive (not just survive)." -- Jennifer Jack, owner, Good Fortune LLC

Wall Street to cupcakes
After years on Wall Street, I was laid off last summer. Rather than getting back into finance, I decided to pursue my hobby of cooking with kids as a full-time venture. Today, I'm the proud owner of Cupcake Kids!, a company in New York City that specializes in hands-on cooking events for kids. We offer cooking birthday parties, classes, school and camp visits, and more. Needless to say, my life has done a total 180, but I couldn't be happier." -- Jessi Walter, owner, Cupcake Kids!

Rachel Zupek is a writer and blogger for CareerBuilder

Last edited:
Great thread.
I have so many dreams.:sad: Meanwhile, I am living in faith and waiting on the Lord. This thread is very inspiring to me.
God bless everyone.

have so many dreams

you're a wonderful writer and great ideas ..The Lord has already blessed
you and will continue exceeding abundantly more than you ask :)

I've been given so many dream nudges with these dream articles
by the Lord... so ..I have to keep sharing..all the articles!

Last edited:
these was in my inbox TODAY :)

A ship in the harbor is safe. But that's not what ships are built for.
Navigating your ship

Taking the easy way out is, well, easy. Human beings naturally stick with their normal routines because they offer feelings of security. But by staying in the same routine, you miss out on new opportunities. In 1975, a third-year student at Harvard University decided to drop out and pursue something else. The student's name was Bill Gates. He saw an opportunity and took the risk. While this doesn't mean that every dream will transform you into a billionaire, it shows that some of world's geniuses took chances to follow their dreams. If you are waiting around for your goals to just fall into your lap, it could take awhile. But your goals are achievable--if you're willing to break from the norm and cast your ship down uncharted waters.

And THIS is from today

Sermon Snippets
You cannot please God by playing it safe.
Doing nothing with what God entrusted to us is unacceptable.

coincidence? :grin:

I am hoping others will speak up..and share
we need your experience strength and hope

Last edited:
and just openedTHIS also today

all on the theme of not playing it "safe"
on risk...
Sunday September 27

“Give an account of your stewardship.” Lk 16:2 NKJV
Stewardship (1)

The issue of “ownership” is a key point in understanding biblical stewardship. A steward doesn’t own the property he manages, so he needs to handle things with an eye to pleasing his boss, the owner. Today that rubs us the wrong way. We think, “My time is my own. My abilities are mine to use in the advancement of my career because I’m the one who worked hard to develop them. This is my stuff, bought and paid for.” The Bible says, “What do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?” (1Co 4:7 NKJV). Every good thing you have is a gift from God ��" try to keep that in mind!

Like a wise investor, a good steward does three things:

(1) S/He looks to the future. S/He refuses to be influenced or sidetracked by those who are ‘blowing’ everything they have on immediate pleasures, living just for the moment.

2) S/He is disciplined and patient. S/He remains steady through the highs and lows of life, understanding that “In due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart” (Gal 6:9 NKJV).

(3) S/He takes risks for the benefit of his boss. Not foolish risks,
but prayed-over and carefully thought-out risks.

Last edited:
Risk....
not playing it safe
prayed over under God

what risks are you..have you been running from?
with what God entrusted you with?
what brought you to a place of supreme healing
and therefore change in the name of your highest good?

STILL HOPING TO HEAR SUCCESS STORIES!!
:)

I wont be back to post on LHCF till tomm
as I'm facing mine {risk}(s) this afternoon~
and you?

Saturday October 3

“We have…believed the love that God has for us.” 1 Jn 4:16 NKJV

A message to you

“I knew you before time began. I know how many hairs are on your head. Like parent, like child, you’re created in My image. I have plans for you. I’ve also given you the ‘gifts’ needed to fulfill them; and what I give, nobody can take away. But don’t neglect them; exercise them, and stir them up daily. Rest assured, I’ve started a good work in you and I’m going to finish it. I always complete what I begin. My Word concerning you is forever settled, and My commitment to you is unending. In this life you will have challenges, but cheer up; I’ve robbed Satan of his power to control you and the world of its power to destroy you. When you’re in trouble remember, I’m present to help. Give Me your burdens and I will sustain you.

When you’re stressed out and worn down by the pressures of life, lean on Me. I will be your rock, your fortress, your deliverer and your strength.
Even though you fail from time to time, you won’t be discarded because I am upholding you.

But a word of caution: don’t take advice from those who are spiritually blind and don’t hang out with skeptics. Delight yourself in My Word and like a big oak tree growing by a river, you’ll prosper in all you do.

P.S. I’d love to hear back from you.”

“And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.”

Last edited:
Back