What do you do about dry and itchy scalp?

KhandiB

All of a sudden my scalp is sore and itchy ... ??

I heard rosemary oil can help, but I was wondering what some of you all use :)

gymfreak336

If I an having an weird flare up of my dry itchy scalp, I just use some head and shoulders conditioner on my scalp like a pre poo for about 30mins or so and wash with head and shoulder dry scalp shampoo.

Namilani

I used to use the KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp shampoo. It works pretty good, but doesn't last until next week's wash. I wanna try the conditioner (either alone, or in combination). Can anyone post the ingredients?

RosesBlack

I will put a little tea tree oil on my scalp or I use rainwater tea tree flaky scalp/dandruff shampoo and that usually clears it right up.

PinkAngel

I use KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Poo & Conditioner or Design Essentials Therapeutic Poo & Conditioner. Head & Shoulders in the dark blue bottle works well too.

ETA: Oh yeah, I forgot about that glossifier, I only use it when I have terrible itchies. It does have a nice tingling effect & it works.

Last edited:

Junonia

I use Keracare dry and itchy glossifer. I like it because I can feel my scalp tingling. I also use the shampoo.

MonaRae

Are you using a new shampoo? I had this happen to me (minus the sore scalp) and I lost a lot of hair behind it. I got a herbal anti-fungal cream and it help but later I realized it was the shampoo!

MonaRae

Sha76

I just wash it more often and keep it clarified. well that is now, after I discovered I may be allergic to SLS.

Zahrah

I use Keracare Dry Itchy scalp poo and condition for the time they recommend or longer. This feels so cool and minty:)

Cayenne0622

I've been tearing at my scalp scratching day and night lately. I put oil on it the other day and that helped just a little bit. I'm not buying anymore products until I visit this hair place on Tuesday and see what they have to tell me about my scalp and hair. As usual, I'll keep you posted. They have a haircare line that sounds wonderful. I won't post about it until I've used it for a month so that you PJ's don't run to the website and purchase without a review. :lol:

KhandiB

Sha76 - I wash once a week and I clarify every wash
MonaRae - Nope, still using CON
Ineedhair - maybe Ill try that

Thanks guys!

InnerSoul

Usually my dry, itchy scalp comes from build up from hair products and quickly subsides when I shampoo.. or it could even be some hair product that you could be allergic to. Clarifying may help this or even just switching products like someone else had mentioned or posted earlier.

Aveena

I've been suffering from dry and itchy patches on my scalp for about a month. I went to the dermatologist today and was diagnosed with eczema on the scalp. Doc said it's probably because of the sudden change in weather...

I got some oral antihistimine and a Rx topical solution to apply to my scalp. My itch was VERY intense in this case which drove me to the doctor.

But

Before I broke down and went to the doctor I used some aloe vera gel to soothe my scalp along with some hydrocortisone cream to stop the itching.

F

Dee-Licious

I clarify and then grease my scalp. May not work for some but its the only thing to keep my scalp from not being dry.

Arcadian

It could be the fact of just being around forced hot air which has always been the bane of my scalp. I use rosewater in a squirt bottle to moisten my scalp in the morning and go about my normal routine.

-A