What Deep Conditioner Do You Use?

inthepink

I'm on the search for a new deep conditioner. I'm curious to know what deep conditioner you use and why? Also, a price range would be helpful, too.

I've used
*Lustrasilk Cholesterol Aloe Formula - Worked really well at first now seems to do nothing.
*Lustrasilk Cholesterol Carrot Oil Formula - Was very drying to my hair. Won't use ever again!
*Sauve Professional Deep Conditioner - Didn't do anything special. Not interested in using again.

I've also used my Kenra Moisturizing as a deep conditioner by sitting under the dryer for 30 minutes. My regular conditioners seems more moisturizing and give more slip than my deep conditioners but are deep conditioners supposed to have something extra that I would miss by not using a conditioner specifically meant for deep conditioning?

Is there anything I can add to the Lustrasilk to make it more moisturizing? Any tips on how to revise what I have or something new would be greatly appreciated!

(Sorry for the lengthy post!)

AngieK

<font color="brown">Are you looking for a deep STRENGTHENING conditioner, or a deep MOISTURIZING conditoner?

One suggestion that I have (for moisturizing) is to mix some of the Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment with your regular Kenra Moisturizig Conditoner. Leave it on for 30 minutes with heat. I have used the Emollient Treatment alone, but it was too heavy for my hair. Now I mix it with my Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (which is similar to the Kenra product) and I get excellent results with it.

For a deep strengthening treatment, you could try a product such as Joico K-Pac Deep Penetrating Reconstuctor (Keratin), or Jheri Redding Super Protein Pac (Collagen). Again, you would use these for 30 minutes with heat.

AngieK </font>

NAY007

i use my regular conditioners (pantene, dove, etc) to do my deep conditioning treatments. i also use cholesterol.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (mixed with liquid shea butter/shea oil), used with heat for 30 minutes.

or

Optimum Remoisturizing Conditioner for protein maintenance (hydrolized animal protein - collagen), used with heat....16 oz jar for $5.99 at beauty supply store...Not found at Sallys near me.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for moisturizing deep conditioners....thanks AngieK

[/ QUOTE ]

The best moisturizing conditioner I've found so far is in the L'anza Dry Hair Line. It's called Dry Hair Moisture Treatment. They have a Detangler that you use afterwards that gives you all the slip you need. You have to use both to get moisture AND slip, but the end result is very soft hair.
The downside to these products is the price. They run about $20 total for the Moisture Treatment and Detangler. That's why I haven't invested in full sizes of these yet, but I will once I run out of some of the cheaper conditioners I have and especially since winter is coming... You can, however, request samples from Lanza.com . Just send them an e-mail to request samples.

Just an FYI, I DID NOT like their moisturizing shampoo. It provided no slip for me whatsoever.

Britt

Hi hairlove,
I love LUST.. I think that it is VERY moisturizing imo!! after I wash it out of my hair my hair shaft feels very smooth, even when my hair drys !
Friday I went out and bought LeKair cholesterol after doing a search for reviews on the board. This made my hair feel kinda stronger after I washed it out and the detangling was pretty good. I think this is going to be my new deep conditioner, its moisturizing strenghtening and CHEAP!! Oh, u know what really felt great afterwards, I bought some Nacidit Olive Oil rinse, (i think a few members on this board uses dominican rinses)and put it on for a few minutes after the Lekair cholesterol, and I was in
with the feel of my hair. In total, $2.69 for the cholesterol and $3.79 for the rinse and I am happy! Two cheap products that work better than pretty much all the expensive products that I have wasted money on.
HTH !!

Allandra

I use

* L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing

OR

* L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

mixed with L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Botanical Treatment

This provides great moisture and great slip.

I love it.

MissB

You can also mix the Design Essentials conditioner with the Kenra Intensive Emoillient Treatment and sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes. This provides moisture and slip.

Thanks,

MissB

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Hairlove, I think Peachtree recommended adding a tablespoon or 2 of honey to your Lustrasilk Cholesterol Aloe Formula. When the Cholesterol was on sale at Sally's for $.99 I stocked up, but was not impressed with any of them (aloe, tea tree oil or the herbal) I added the honey and WOW! It really pumped up the moisurizing factor. I've tried it with heat and without and it's grea either way left in for 30 minutes. Try it girl you love it.

myco

Honey is a great addition to conditioner. I add it to my hot oil treatments too. I noticed that a lot of cream of Nature products also contain honey. I also just recently started adding it to my my Lekair Cholesterol along with olive oil, and it really helps with shine and smoothness.

S

Stylepink

I use Nexxus Humectress. My hair does not like a lot of protein and this works great for me and provides good slip.

CaramelKiss

I've recently been mixing both glycerine and jojoba oil to my conditioners for that added softness and slip. My hair is moisturized all day. U have to work with the proportions to find what's best for u. I mix roughly a tablespoon of oil and 1 tsp. of glycerine.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I think you're already on point with the Kenra MC. I can't think of many things that are better. The Humectress is quite similar and has an impressive ingredient list. It does contain protein, but it's not a hard-core protein conditioner. I am finding out that protein helps the hair to bind moisture.

EbonyEyes

For those that add a tablespoon of honey to the Lustrasilk, do you add the honey to the entire container of the conditioner or just to the portion of conditioner that you use on your hair on that particular time?

-Ebony

TinyT

I just leave my kenra Moisturizing on for an hour without heat, and it seems to do the trick.

inthepink

Thanks for all of the replies...I'm going to try adding jojoba oil and/or honey to at least use up the conditioners I have. I will also eventually try the LUST and maybe even stick with the Kenra and leave on longer. Thanks for the tips!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Oh and Hairlove,

I just remembered that you are transitioning. Honey, nothing is better on that new growth as far as conditioners go. My Kenra MC is my exclusive conditioner for when I am 6 weeks and beyond on my last relaxer.

lunalight7

Hairlove,
Adding oils to the Cholesterol is what I was gonna suggest.

I love Humectress as a deep condit with or w/o heat.

Does Sally's sell Kenra? I didnt see it today...

ChocoKitty

I use LeKair Cholesterol 'cause it's cheap and it definitely works. However, if I feel like spending money I use Mizani Moisture Fuse.