What Ceramic Iron to Get?

ThickNBeautiful

Hi Ladies,

I've been doing my homework, reading through posts, reading reviews, etc. I know all about the CHI iron. It's supposedly the best. Does anyone use another "high quality" iron like HAI or Unil? Also, I saw a Gold N Hot Ceramic iron (for $30) that is supposedly real ceramic as opposed to ceramic coated. Has anyone tried this? The Chi is about $130, the HAI Convertible about $85, so that's a big difference. Any advice/recommendations will really help. TIA.

BTW - I have 4A/B relaxed hair with underprocessed ends that are tough to straighten.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
I have the FHI.. I got this one because I saw a post or two on makeupalley and there was someone who had used either the HAI or CHI and then got the FHI and liked that one better.. I saw some other posts where they were saying that the FHI was suppose to be the best one..so I went with that one after reading a ton of posts.. I am VERY VERY happy with it.. As far as I know..the FHI gets hotter than the CHI's and the HAI's..it goes to 450 degrees.. I paid $129 including 2 day fedex shipping for mine..but you can get it cheaper on ebay.. for some dumb reason I didn't look there first when I was actually gonna buy it..but I'm happy anyway.. it was a great investment. I did hear that CHI would not honor their warranty if you bought one off of ebay.

L

LaNecia

I've been using the HAI for the past year and half or so, I love it except for the fact that it can (and does) snag my hair on occassion when I'm not very attentive with using it. I bought mine at a salon locally here in San Diego, it was $99.00. The only reason I'd replace it is because of the snagging issue. I don't use any heat in my hair right now but i'm looking at the FHI....

ThickNBeautiful

Okay, I've been doing more searching (I really need to do some WORK
) and I've found this new FHI. It's a Ceramic Ion iron.

From Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2993962707&category=36408

<font color="blue"> The FHI Ceramic *ION* Series was developed to enhance the Negative ION output produced by "true" ceramic heaters. This enhanced Ceramic *ION* iron gives your hair maximum moisture and conditioning while eliminating frizz.

This is the FHI RVI 1 Inch . It is the ionic version or the FHI Brand Irons. It is the only true IONIC Professional Iron available.

It has a temperature dial that ranges from 140 to 450 degrees.

What is Ionic Really Mean:

Dry , Damaged and Frizzy hair has a positive ionic charge. In order to balance that you need negative ion ceramic plate to neutralize the charge in the hair and thus create smoother, shinier, and calmer hair.

This will help eliminate the frizzies, static, and fly away hair.</font>

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
This is the one I have.. you should get it..SERIOUSLY.. it's awesome!! I love mine.. I should have looked on ebay first..but stupid me
I didn't.. I looked on ebay for CHI and HAI but forgot about ebay when I actually went to buy the FHI..I could have gotten it on ebay for $40 less..including shipping.. for what I paid..but it's still worth it!! GET IT!!! lol