What are your favorite oils to mix or just in general

summerof1990

GENERAL (Favorite Oil)
1. Olive is staple for now but I want something new. I was thinking of avocado oil but is it heavy as Olive. Also I'm hearing avocado retains moisture. But is it better than Olive? Can this be the new staple for my hair.

2. Mixing essentials oils (For daily and prepoo use)
What are your favorites to mix and what does it do? I'm looking for a sleek and moisturized look. I'm hearing castor oil is good for straigthening hair cuticles.

lamaria211

I love oil I have about 25+ and I am not about to list them all. But my favs at the moment are:
EVOO,
EVOCO
Macadamia nut oil(pure)
JBCO
Argan oil. I like them mixed or alone!

NaturallyATLPCH

GENERAL (Favorite Oil)
1. Olive is staple for now but I want something new. I was thinking of avocado oil but is it heavy as Olive. Also I'm hearing avocado retains moisture. But is it better than Olive? Can this be the new staple for my hair.

2. Mixing essentials oils (For daily and prepoo use)
What are your favorites to mix and what does it do? I'm looking for a sleek and moisturized look. I'm hearing castor oil is good for straigthening hair cuticles.

My favorites are olive, coconut, sweet almond, grapeseed, and castor.

I tried avocado but for hair it didn't work as well as olive. Nothing softens, penetrates, and makes my hair more pliable than good ole olive oil.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Olive oil, castor oil, avocado oil and coconut oil. Right now I only have olive and castor oil on hand

biznesswmn

I have used coconut, avocado and grapeseed most recently...and avocado is workg best.

I havent tried to mix them

gemruby41

I have various oil mixes that I use for different purposes. For my scalp I use equal parts avocado and jojoba oil. These two absorb better and doesn't leave my scalp feeling oily. I mix equal parts coconut, olive, and jojoba oil to add to DC's. For sealing I mix JBCO and grapeseed oil. My pre poo mix consists of coconut, sweet almond, jojoba, and avocado oils.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Avocado oil works best for me. Its nourishing without feeling oily.

Grapeseed and apricot were too light. Coconut and jojoba didn't seem to absorb well and castor oil is too sticky.

Last edited:

summerof1990

Avocado oil works best for me. Its nourishing without feeling oily.

Grapeseed and apricot were too light. Coconut and jojoba didn't seem to absorb well and castor oil is too sticky.

yea i think grapeseed is light and you will have to mix it with a thicky like castor oil.

coconut oil didn't do too much for me either and all the heating up and the smell didn't sit well with me.

i only use castor for scalp or mix it with conditioner

mshoneyfly

I mix coconut and JBCO for my scalp and edges. My hair loves to be sealed with coconut oil too. The only problem is Im not getting the benefit of ceremides. I have grape seed, walnut, hemp seed and safflower oils...maybe I should add one of those to my mix.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
In no particular order (I'm not mixing these):
Argan
EVOO
EVCO
JBCO (Extra Dark)
Jojoba
Wheat Germ
Hemp Seed
Avocado

My Blends:
Hairveda (various)
Afroveda (various)
Hydratherma Naturals
Darcy Botanicals
Marie Dean's Argan Blend Babbasu Blend
Brown Butter Beauty
Koils By Nature
Hydroquench Systems
PuraBody Naturals Brazil Loc & PBN Sapote

Lilmama1011

I'm using Africa's best oils. All natural oil for under $2 at Walmart. Nice fragrance with tons of different oils. Not heavy and nor too light either

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Single Ingredient: safflower, sunflower, grapeseed, walnut, hemp, evening primrose, avocado, argan

Blended: APB Ayurvedic Oil (my fav!), HV Vatika Frosting/Cocasta Shikakai/Avosoya/Jardin, Jason Vitamin E, SSI Argan Elixir, Shi-Naturals Hibiscus, J Monique Naturals Hazelnut & Tea Tree Growth Blend