What are your favorite Essential Oils?

*Muffin*

Just for fun, tell us what your favorite essential oils are, the reason why you like them so much, and how you use them. I'm not huge into essential oils, but I'm thinking about getting into it. I use rosemary, sweet orange, and lemon essential oils as of right now. I like the first one because of it's scalp stimulation properties and I usually mix it in a carrier oil and use it to massage my scalp, and I like the latter two because of their scent and antiseptic qualities, and I usually use them to improve the fragrance of certain things I use in my hair and I also add them to my scalp massaging oils.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
The Only two EO's I currently have is Peppermint and Tea Tree. And I purchased both to help relieve dry, itchy, sore scalp. They work really, really well for stimulating, exfoliating and cleansing your scalp.:yep:

I also hear Rosemary is very good as well.

*Muffin*

The Only two EO's I currently have is Peppermint and Tea Tree. And I purchased both to help relieve dry, itchy, sore scalp. They work really, really well for stimulating, exfoliating and cleansing your scalp.:yep:

I also hear Rosemary is very good as well.

I really want to try peppermint oil. I love the smell of peppermint :lick:. I've used tea tree oil in the past, but have since ceased using it. I may have to start up again. I also use Neem oil, but I'm not sure if that constitutes as an essential oil, though I do put it in carrier oils. I use it in my homemade vatika oil and weekly in my deep treatments because it's high in essential fatty acids, has anti-fungal properties, and is overall supposed to be very good for your scalp.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I'm big on neem, vatika, and amla oil... i use coconut oil when i flat iron...

Clearly I didn't read ESSENTIAL oils; i just saw you mentioned it and mentally blocked that word out. my bad ladies...but i don't use any...

Last edited:

gymfreak336

I have been using more peppermint lately. I just add a dab or two to some basic oil to massage my scalp in some itchy areas before I wash.

discodumpling

Lavendar E/O is versatile and one of the few E/O's that can be used neat (str8) Not only do I use it in my hair but it's excellent for burns, cuts, scrapes.

I like pure Rose E/O for aromatherapy..1 or 2 drops in my bath water relaxes me.

Rosemary, & thyme E/O's for their scalp stimulating properties...

I love to experiment with E/O's!

HairBella08

I have a Rosemary, Thyme, Cedarwood, and Lavendar blend that another LHCF member (can't think of her name) told me about to help regrow my hairline. I add carrier oils to the mix (jojoba and grapeseed). I can't say it's working yet, but its only been a short while.

*Muffin*

I have a Rosemary, Thyme, Cedarwood, and Lavendar blend that another LHCF member (can't think of her name) told me about to help regrow my hairline. I add carrier oils to the mix (jojoba and grapeseed). I can't say it's working yet, but its only been a short while.

I guess you'll start noticing results in a month or so. Let us know how it's working for you, k ;).

Anna9764

I like Castor, Amla....I like the thickness of castor and it's a good growth aid. Amla is said to strengthen as well as a growth aid. Emu oil is also a good growth oil. I've experimented with several different oils, EVOO, pure Coconut oil and Vitamin E as well as most Ayurvedic oils...so many to choose from :spinning:

tbaby_8

Right now I am still learning about EOs, but the one I use currently is Tea Tree oil because I learned about that in cosmetology school briefly. One of the instructors said it was good for dry itchy scalp.

I want to find a book that covers these and their properties that isn't too expensive.:look:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

^^^ i just go to whole foods and use the books they have when purchasing vitamins and researching oils. it's free to use and it's usually located right next to the vitamins.

tbaby_8

^^^ i just go to whole foods and use the books they have when purchasing vitamins and researching oils. it's free to use and it's usually located right next to the vitamins.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole foods in my city, at least not anymore. It closed. Don't ask. We are that small time.:perplexed

I may check out a few websites and go to my local natural store. I think they might have one. At least I know they carried a few books in there. I just didn't look at them at the time. I may just do a search online. That information is free.:yep:

WaistLengthDreams

Are you still using this blend? Have you seen any improvement?

charmtreese

My favorite is rosemary...I mix it with castor oil and the combo makes my ng smooth and soft!!!! I also like basil, sage, bergamot, grapefruit, tea tree and lavender.

La Colocha

Ylang ylang is my favorite, it smells so good. I use it im my hair/body butter mix, and im my spray leave in. Its supposed to help correct the sebum in the skin and help with hair growth. Also its been said to be and aphrodisiac:lick: and help with stress and to calm the nerves.